Thailand closes borders to foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

What I read is: 

People can still leave their homes but government strongly advice 3 groups of people to stay home, 1) those above 70 years old, 2) those with health complication particularly respiratory conditions, 3) and children under the age of 5

so you can go out if you want as long as there's no curfew

Unfortunately there are many people above 70 caring for young children in villages. The kids parents are starting to arrive back in the villages and will stay with their kids and parents over 70. Staying at home will become irrelevant. The virus is coming to their home, no need to go out to be exposed. This is going to be a monumental disaster.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Drax said:

Hope this helps. Official info from Thai elite. Only work permit & permanent residence status can enter.C2201DF7-E848-45D3-B2CF-68C8EA9E752C.thumb.png.100eea91a6f3668c59e89bc69544301a.png

Well we can see the remaining airlines still flying here to stop their services pretty soon .. no point in them continuing flights to BKK now ..

Yes 10-15 years ago we could call Thailand nice and some kind of exotic country. Today?

1. Pollution

2. Traffic gems . Too many cars

3. Beaches are not that good if they want present to people. Just exempl if you see the pictures of beaches in Hua Hin they look nice big and clean. Reality is different. People must have a car to drive around 50km from HUA Hin to see nice and beautiful beaches.

4.prices on everything rises almost every months.

More........

5 hours ago, NightSky said:

What about foreigners who live in thailand with their family and are retired or whom live off investments but who do not work so therefore will not have a work permit..

Do not leave Thailand. Under the current announced rules you won't get back in. Stay put.

• Like 1

Will get back. But it will take from 6 moths to one year. The government announced presently that they have food garanti for everyone in 3 months time. Later one people must take care of them self.

Just example 

25 chicken egg cost in maha sarakam ( north east issan) around 100 baht.

In Rayon 200baht. Today.

My friend came from Rayon that's how I khow

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

The implications are painfully clear here. Foreigners who have been biding their time in Thailand living on visa runs every 3 months and who never got themselves a proper work permit will be able to leave the country next time their visa is up,  but not be able to return. And since the borders are now closed, I assume that Thai embassies and consulates anywhere also will no longer issue new visas if an applicant cannot present convincing documentation why their travel to Thailand is necessary.

The next few weeks will see a sharp decline in foreign resident numbers, primarily people who have abused the system, often enough for years on end. 

What are you on about? Foreigners who never got themselves a proper work permit? I never got one because I have never worked in Thailand. I've been entering on a marriage visa. I haven't been gaming the system at all. I've been using properly obtained visas for years. Not every foreigner coming to Thailand is working.

43 minutes ago, sallecc said:

You conveniently edited your comment after your first outburst, eh? Good for you...

As other poster said, you know nothing about other people's circumstances, so better don't comment on something you don't know absolutely anything about.

Why do you assume I know nothing about anything?

It is abundantly clear there are a lot of people that use their kids as an excuse to get a visa to come to Thailand.  Check the many posts on this forum related to the subject.

If you think they are all doting parents then you need to open your eyes to the reality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Why do you assume I know nothing about anything?

It is abundantly clear there are a lot of people that use their kids as an excuse to get a visa to come to Thailand.  Check the many posts on this forum related to the subject.

If you think they are all doting parents then you need to open your eyes to the reality.

How can you know anything about people you never knew or met?

Every parent has his/her own story and life... If you don't care about them, then at least don't put all of them in same basket (like Thai immigration is doing)... It's 2:45am, good night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mickeem said:

Well we can see the remaining airlines still flying here to stop their services pretty soon .. no point in them continuing flights to BKK now ..

Still nothing said about the foreigners that are already here and on various types of visa's.

• Sad 1

Thousands of dead. Trillions of $$$$ lost. Everybody's world turned upside down.

For what ?

Some Chinese thinking eating exotic animals will give them X-Men powers or it will make their peckers harder and larger.

What an absolute cluster <deleted>

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

What about those with Non-O visa retirement or marriage?

Know your place, the answer is NO.

How about those who spent an obscene amount for the elite visa... also NO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

So much for Elite. Turned out to be useless when you really in need.

I always wondered about the special privileges The Elite Visa had and now I know that in times where desperate measures are put in place by the government here, the visa is worthless as a guarantee to return. Just like the rest of us on regular long term Visa's or extensions, if your not already here you can not get in. Sorry to hear people will be separated from families and their homes.  Only time will tell what will occur with those of us still here.  Be safe folks.  Try to relax.....

4 hours ago, Creasy said:

Thousands of dead. Trillions of $$$$ lost. Everybody's world turned upside down.

For what ?

Some Chinese thinking eating exotic animals will give them X-Men powers or it will make their peckers harder and larger.

What an absolute cluster <deleted>

Dont forget Mr Thai Ital chairman, its  not just the Chinese

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Wissanu said initial restrictions issued under the state of emergency decree imposed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha include a ban on non-Thais travelling into the country.

They said only essential people movements between provinces..

But knowing Thais they will do as they please if transport is running, they say they will set-up road blocks to check the flow.

Why not man the inter-provincial transport terminals with police checking people before they board the bus, what are they going to do with someone mid-route that shouldn't have traveled?

Edited by hotchilli

11 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

what you believe!
I don't smoke and I don't drink alcohol.
I live in the countryside in the middle of rice fields and heveas plantations.
My lung and heart capacities are in excellent condition, according to the last encephalogram and the radio of my lungs made a fortnight ago at the public hospital in Udon Thani.
I am not diabetic or fat, which my bike appreciates, moreover
When I climb Phupalek, 4.8 km at 10% average, I arrive at the top with pulsations at 115/120, so very below my maximum allowed which is, I remind you: 220 minus my age (71 ) = 149

I'm 72, don't smoke, and don't drink and have a very healthy diet.  I was exercising twice a day - resistance training in the morning and an aerobics class in the afternoon - until I decided that a personal lockdown was my best option. I've been in lockdown since Monday afternoon. I've been getting a flu shot for years. I had all the childhood diseases - measles, mumps, chickenpox (and shingles later in life - terrible!). I've had the 'normal' flu many times.

We all have to make our choices in life.  I am attaching a news article that I think you will find of interest.  I think us older folks have to face the fact that our bodies wear out no matter what we do. I wish you well.

https://www.newsweek.com/olympic-champion-swimmer-diagnosed-coronavirus-calls-it-worse-virus-i-have-ever-endured-1493664

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You gunna buy an inflatable boat and sail home ?

Great idea, they're letting sailors enter Thailand. Plan b is to spend a few years study to become a diplomat, have to do something waiting for the state of emergency to end.

• Haha 1