movie streaming...

1FinickyOne

I have Netflix and can usually find something...

How is Amazon? I saw they have The Wire which I have never seen... is there a lot of content, easy to use? How much? 

Hulu.. Apple? what do you have? how do you like it - - looking for content more than worrying expense... I tend to like classic, cerebral, funny, historical, documentary... 

not action or horror...  

Netflix is the go.. Not expensive, no contract but month to month. If you haven't a smart TV need either an Android box or Google Chrome. Don't get suckered into a generic as most don't work. 

Can anyone clear this up. I thought you could get Netflix from True Move, but I think they actually provide the android box so you have the abilty to sign up for Netflix on your own. If you get the True Move Android Box, you can watch live TV but I believe it is mostly Thai content.

30 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Can anyone clear this up. I thought you could get Netflix from True Move, but I think they actually provide the android box so you have the abilty to sign up for Netflix on your own. If you get the True Move Android Box, you can watch live TV but I believe it is mostly Thai content.

i get netflix from netflix.. I watch on my desktop - - 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

No Netflix is a stand-alone service, obviously you need an internet connection. 

If you have an internet connection to your smart tv, chances are you can download an app to your tv, You pay the 350B and you are away. 

Once you setup and pay the subscription via your tv, you can access through your tablet or smartphone, as others have said, your web browser.

i think you get the 1st month for free, there is no contract, you can cancel at any point, just enter your card details. 

We have it, we don’t use it so often,  it it’s cheap and there are Thai subtitles, which I think is good for the wife even though she likes watching English movies. 

Edited by recom273

I have the true box yes it has Netflix app but you need your own Netflix account the live tv has mono 29 films that are english but you can rent packages from true for about 150 bhat for 30 days no contract and most of the channels are english like fox movies , history , entertainment and you can get the football When it returns in sports package last one i rented was 799 for 4 months hats all sports channels in hd as well 

I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime and while I can, so far, always find something to watch, there are a lot of good shows which are not available in Thailand. On Amazon even some of their own shows are unavailable, I presume because they sold the country rights to another vendor. Likewise it always pisses me off when I read reviews of "best 10 shows on Netflix" written by someone in US or UK and find that I have only 1 or 2 on my Netflix. The answer of course is to use a VPN to access these services.

I was hoping HBO would launch an independent streaming service to Thailand but they've instead partnered with 3BB. I don't want to pay for extra useless channels I don't want just to get HBO.

Hbo go is going to be a stand alone app for iso and android as well priced at 149 bhat 

The agreement allows 3BB’s 3.3 million subscribers access to the HBO channel and its content – via the HBO GO app – through a range of broadband packages. At the same time, HBO GO will also be available for download as a standalone service from the App Store or Play Store. This is priced at Bt149 (approximately €4.11) a month with a 7 day free trial.

https://advanced-television.com/2020/03/09/thailand-3bb-new-home-for-hbo/

Edited by Binger
  • Like 1

Amazon Prime has a lot of movies, some good with a lot of bad.  Some decent original programming as well.  They also have a lot of old TV shows, which you might enjoy.

Probably the best deal since streaming is really just a bonjs feature to their retail business.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, owenm said:

Netflix is the go.. Not expensive, no contract but month to month. If you haven't a smart TV need either an Android box or Google Chrome. Don't get suckered into a generic as most don't work. 

Don't start watching any TV series on Netflix, there is no guarantee the series will complete, ie the last season of Doc Martin was not available, and the one about Norman Bates only showed the first three seasons, there are

many others. If you ask their chatline about this, all you get is politics, I cancelled my subscription after about

three months.

• Like 1

https://www.seriespapaya.nu/busqueda/  has many seasons of many, many series (you can choose English, dubbed in Spanish or subtitled). You can stream or download. I've never had any problem and have used it from Chiang Mai. Series names are usually searchable by their original English titles.

You just need to be able to deal with the Spanish language site navigation but any translation app can help if you get stuck.

• Thanks 1

I have one word for you:  Kodi

Get an android device (Shield, Firestick, android box, etc.) and you are good to go.  Google is your friend -- if you can read you can figure it out.  Dumped True right after they cut HBO and others, best decision ever.