Receiving Home Deliveries

Brightly

qdinthailand,

That’s a great chart for water purification purposes, and I hope none of us ever have to use it.

The 1:10 bleach/water solution is for cleaning, NOT drinking.  

Perhaps I should have stated “drinking-quality water” instead of “drinkable water,” for better clarification; however, I have a feeling you knew the difference all along, and are just jerking my chain and making mischief.

I’ll write it off to cabin fever on your part!

Edited by Brightly
  • Like 1

I really appreciate the concern and good advice that went into your fulsome post !

I do have a sense of missing some mention of the delivery services you have used, and are using now. I don't think it would break any of the  forum rules if you named them. I'd find that information valuable.

I looked for bleach ฟอกขาว last week and I all I could find was very expensive Clorox: anyone have a pointer to a cheaper brew ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction

18 hours ago, Brightly said:

... I have a feeling you knew the difference all along, and are just jerking my chain and making mischief.]

May I share with you that I have learned through experience on this forum to never trust my psychic powers, and never underestimate the depth any given thread can sink to ... or, paradoxically, the altitude hot-air and levity can cause the thread to rise to  :)

Your mileage may vary.

cheers, ~o:37;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orang37 said:

I looked for bleach ฟอกขาว last week and I all I could find was very expensive Clorox: anyone have a pointer to a cheaper brew ?

Try going to a store not named "Villa Market". That should increase your chance 100%. ????

(Yes, I'm in a sarcastic mood this morning) ????

1 hour ago, JimLuce said:

Sorry didn’t get a chance to read all that but yes we’re doing great with Foodpanda deliveries pretty much whatever kind of food we want. In fact I’m probably gonna order eggs again this morning. 

Maybe you should learn how make your breakfast/lunch/dinner yourself? A pizza once in a while is ok, but order food every day while living here isn't that smart. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe you should learn how make your breakfast/lunch/dinner yourself? A pizza once in a while is ok, but order food every day while living here isn't that smart. 

i agree, but for people living in hotel rooms or cheap guest houses, they dont have any cooking facilites, some dont even have a kettle...

Hi max69xl,

it’s important to remember that not everyone engages in the “activities of daily living” (ADLs) in the same way.

I am disabled and use a wheelchair.  Food prep is hard for me, and I have relied on meal deliveries for years here.

I want to give a big shout out to MEALS ON WHEELS 4U.  Yeah, I dig Foodpanda, and you can’t beat their prices....but MEALS ON WHEELS 4U has been there through thick and thin for me.  Mike, the owner, has consistently been there to work out my minor concerns and issues I’ve had over the years.  He’s a gem, and his employees are just the best.

Also, as an aside with regard to bleach... I hate to say it because it sounds so US-centric, but Clorox really is the best bleach!  (And they are an amazing company as well.  Hats off to Clorox!).

Most every other bleach brand is watered down to some extent, whether it be in the West, or here.  HOW watered-down...who knows?  I don’t know, and I don’t know how to find out.

I’m still using alcohol-based disinfectants, but I did buy a bunch of Thai bleach six weeks ago, “just in case.”  And I love bleach— my whites are always the whitest!  Gotta love bleach that bleach.

When it comes down to it, I’ll try to figure if there’s a better bleach/water ratio with local bleach, but I’m not gonna sweat it too much:  I can always add a bit more bleach to the ratio, and as long as my skin doesn’t peel off in the process, it should be OK.

I wish health and sanity to us all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Brightly said:

Hi max69xl,

it’s important to remember that not everyone engages in the “activities of daily living” (ADLs) in the same way.

I am disabled and use a wheelchair.  Food prep is hard for me, and I have relied on meal deliveries for years here.

I want to give a big shout out to MEALS ON WHEELS 4U.  Yeah, I dig Foodpanda, and you can’t beat their prices....but MEALS ON WHEELS 4U has been there through thick and thin for me.  Mike, the owner, has consistently been there to work out my minor concerns and issues I’ve had over the years.  He’s a gem, and his employees are just the best.

Also, as an aside with regard to bleach... I hate to say it because it sounds so US-centric, but Clorox really is the best bleach!  (And they are an amazing company as well.  Hats off to Clorox!).

Most every other bleach brand is watered down to some extent, whether it be in the West, or here.  HOW watered-down...who knows?  I don’t know, and I don’t know how to find out.

I’m still using alcohol-based disinfectants, but I did buy a bunch of Thai bleach six weeks ago, “just in case.”  And I love bleach— my whites are always the whitest!  Gotta love bleach that bleach.

When it comes down to it, I’ll try to figure if there’s a better bleach/water ratio with local bleach, but I’m not gonna sweat it too much:  I can always add a bit more bleach to the ratio, and as long as my skin doesn’t peel off in the process, it should be OK.

I wish health and sanity to us all!

I do understand it must suck being stuck to a wheelchair and Foodpanda is ok, especially now when the delivery is free. But, you're not paying anything to Foodpanda, the restaurants do. I have checked some prices in the Jomtien area and they are exactly same even if I buy straight from the restaurant. I'm actually thinking about ordering a pizza tonite or tomorrow even if I have a fully stocked fridge/freezer.