Foreigners in transit given grace period on documents

snoop1130

Foreigners in transit given grace period on documents

By THE NATION

800_b08fb64cb583f90.jpg

Covid-19 preventive measures have been relaxed for the next few days for foreign travellers transiting via Thailand to a third country within 24 hours.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) announced on Wednesday (March 25) that transiting foreigners no longer need to produce a medical certificate proving they are free from infection and an insurance policy to cover medical treatment.

They do, however, need to show a “Fit to Fly’’ health certificate and must remain in a designated transit area and strictly comply with applicable disease-control measures. The exemption takes immediate effect and will be withdrawn on March 31.

The CAAT declared on March 19 that, starting on March 22, every foreign airline passenger arriving in Thailand required a medical certificate of non-infection issued not more than 72 hours before their prior departure.

They also needed proof of at least US$100,000 worth of insurance coverage against becoming infected in Thailand.

The authority said airline staff could decline to issue a boarding pass to anyone without the certificate or insurance.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384815

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-25

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well that's good, otherwise there would have been a few Tom Hanks - lookalike characters living at swampy.

Story yesterday....KL has that very situation...can't get out, can't get in...serious times for sure...

the furtherest I will be going is to the other  side of town to water our trees and seedlings, all country roads and little traffic plus the land is not in a built up area, just lots of trees. I also took out insurance yesterday for the virus just in case, was not expensive and gives a bit of a safety factor, we will all just stay at home apart from going over to the land, wife will be working from home

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chazar said:

do  you  have a  work permit to  get that? if  not who was it  with?

Do a Google search and you'll find info.

Dont forget that if you have health or travel insurance you should be covered, though you do need to read the policy to confirm.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Interesting.

I'm convinced, and have been telling others this for a while, that no insurance company on the planet is selling cover for COVID-19 and that most existing policies containing 'known event' clauses either effectively void any claim after pandemic declared or at least provide insurer with a lot of wiggle room.

If i am incorrect in my belief, i'd certainly like to see some evidence of that and, if your insurer does indeed off COVID-19 cover, i am very sure many on TV would like to follow you.

Would you care to name your insurer* so that others can peruse their policy wording?

* i believe there is no TV rule to prevent you doing this

I received an email from Pacific Cross yesterday telling me that I was covered for the Wuhan Virus and any complications that might arise from it. This includes the cost of testing under most circumstances. I do not think it is allowed to post official emails from insurers here on Thai Visa.

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I received an email from Pacific Cross yesterday telling me that I was covered for the Wuhan Virus and any complications that might arise from it. This includes the cost of testing under most circumstances. I do not think it is allowed to post official emails from insurers here on Thai Visa.

Aetna sent a cryptic email telling me I was covered for Covid-19 testing should a doctor advise it is necessary, and further said check the fine print in your policy for further information about coverage overall. What the heck does that mean ? Jeez you'd think for one moment these companies could stop playing legalese word games......If you want any future goodwill with customers simply state that for existing policyholders we have you covered for this pandemic (up to your coverage limits of course) ...why make it so confusing...I still can't figure it out. The whole industry worldwide is sickening...they may replace bankers as the most devious and slimy businesses 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, seajae said:

the furtherest I will be going is to the other  side of town to water our trees and seedlings, all country roads and little traffic plus the land is not in a built up area, just lots of trees. I also took out insurance yesterday for the virus just in case, was not expensive and gives a bit of a safety factor, we will all just stay at home apart from going over to the land, wife will be working from home

Interesting especially the insurance, would you please share the insurance company name. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Hot tip: buy a hair trimmer if you don't have one. I noticed I was missing it from my prepper kit and am starting to look like Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Just a few hundred baht in lazada.

Don't forget the football called "Wilson".. 

51 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Interesting especially the insurance, would you please share the insurance company name. Thanks.

I thought I saw one advertised on here a few days ago from the Thai site Frank (a penguin logo). two plans available but I didn't go into depth and read it all

10 hours ago, seajae said:

Have you more info on the insurance details please ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Interesting.

I'm convinced, and have been telling others this for a while, that no insurance company on the planet is selling cover for COVID-19 and that most existing policies containing 'known event' clauses either effectively void any claim after pandemic declared or at least provide insurer with a lot of wiggle room.

If i am incorrect in my belief, i'd certainly like to see some evidence of that and, if your insurer does indeed off COVID-19 cover, i am very sure many on TV would like to follow you.

Would you care to name your insurer* so that others can peruse their policy wording?

Most regular (not travel) policies DO cover COVID and do not contain such a clause. That is assuming you already have it, new policies are another matter.

My insurer is April International and they have confirmed repeatedly in writing that COVID is fully covered.

So has Cigna and many other international insurers.

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

I got the same message from Pacific Cross also

11 hours ago, seajae said:

Please could you forward me some details of the virus insurance policy, such as the company name, the cost & length of time that the policy lasts for. I live in the North, & self-isolating, but it might only be a matter of time before the virus reaches us. My email is [email protected] Cheers 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:07 AM, Chazar said:

do  you  have a  work permit to  get that? if  not who was it  with?

no I dont, it is Dhipaya, wife did it for me, she just needed my passport and did it with her friend.

I was not going to do anything and told my wife if I got it I would simply stay at home, and not go to the hospital because they are a rip off, she took my passport to work with her and got it through someone she knows, company is Dhipaya, its for 1 year but is only 100,000 baht coverage, it only cost 850 baht and I do not know if they can do a larger amount or not, it is also 1 million baht cover for coma or death

On 3/26/2020 at 7:57 AM, pdtokyo said:

Interesting.

Sir the guys on Khaosan road will write you any policy you want and for a very reasonable price I might add.....