Cannot open any US social security site beginning www.ssa.xxx

No matter what browser I use I am unable to open any of the following US SS websites:

1. Retirement at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/
  2. Disability at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability
  3. Medicare Only at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare

All of them just time out.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can let me know why that might be the case and what if anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Confused 1

Are you paying attention to the operating hours in the US:

Hours of Service:   Monday - Friday 5 AM - 1 AM ET   |  Saturday 5 AM - 11 PM ET   |  Sunday 8 AM - 11:30 PM ET

Just tried it, TOT fiber, Na Jomtien, Win 7, Chrome and got in, BUT this is the first time that I have ever had to use a VPN for access

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For some Thai IP addresses they will not work. Had the problem myself until True changed my IP address. Started using a VPN to get on them until it was changed.

They worked for me just now using a Thia IP.

TOT fiber must be one of them, since once again today 3-27 I can only get in via my VPN (Express VPN)

On 3/26/2020 at 8:13 AM, Langsuan Man said:

Are you paying attention to the operating hours in the US:

Just tried it, TOT fiber, Na Jomtien, Win 7, Chrome and got in, BUT this is the first time that I have ever had to use a VPN for access

It has blocked you because it see's your IP address as being from a foreign country and possibly being malicious....my credit union and CalPers accounts do the same thing unless I use a VPN

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It has blocked you because it see's your IP address as being from a foreign country and possibly being malicious....my credit union and CalPers accounts do the same thing unless I use a VPN

I have been accessing the social security site without a VPN since I applied for it on line from Thailand, from the same Thai ISP and the same computer, for 3 years now, despite you pronouncement this is a new occurrence

And if you don't believe ubonjoe, who are you going to believe 

OP,

It's probably just your ISP.  I'm on AIS Fibre and can reach all three websites without a VPN.  And the wife and I log onto our SSA Online accts--as well as other US govt websites--all the time without a VPN.

But years back when I was on True for about a 6 month period I could only reach several US govt websites--even public websites by using a VPN.  Tried all the various DNSs...didn't help....same problem on all three of my computers....had to use a VPN.  But then one day that problem magically went away.    I figure True fixed whatever problem they had in causing them to be unreachable.   

Thanks to everyone responding.

So I went and purchased a year of Express VPN.

Complicating the installation a bit is the fact that I have a cinnamon Linux distro.

But I followed their instructions, downloaded it, entered the authorization code, and it says it is up and running.

But I am not sure about that. Still can't open those pages.

Anyone know how I can check to see if it is really running?

The on-line voice help line is down because of Covid-19. So I plan on fiddling with that this evening. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

Thanks to everyone responding.

So I went and purchased a year of Express VPN.

Complicating the installation a bit is the fact that I have a cinnamon Linux distro.

But I followed their instructions, downloaded it, entered the authorization code, and it says it is up and running.

But I am not sure about that. Still can't open those pages.

The on-line voice help line is down because of Covid-19. So I plan on fiddling with that this evening. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Can you open "any" webpages with an ExpressVPN connection?   I mean webpages like Cnn.com, youtube.com, etc.  

And have you tried opening the pages using a computer that running windows or android vs running linux?

I have True phone service and could get through, just make sure you try accessing during normal business hours, I also have TOT fiber and today I could not open the site, this happens occasionally but I can always get through on my phone with just the normal True service plan

17 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Yes, in your address bar at the top of your browser type My IP , hit enter, and if it shows a Thai IP address it is not working, if working you will see a foreign IP address:  

VPN.png.3937d7e6d65340e5c12793e62c849a97.png

Edited by Langsuan Man

Will only show IPv6 IP "if" your ISP provides IPv6 connectivity also and your browser is set to default to IPv6 connection over IPv4.    Some ISPs provide IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity; others only IPv4. 

Most mobile connections do provide both IPv6 and IPv4 connectivity.  My AIS Fibre connection provides both IPv4 and IPv6 connections and my devices default to use IPv6 over IPv4. 

If for some reason the IPv6 connection is not available/funky, the device defaults to using IPv4 instead unless you have set your computer to prefer IPv4 as the default connection over IPv6.

And if when on VPN connection and doing a IP address check, if an IPv6 address appears anywhere then it means you have an IPv6 "leak" (not good and your true location is being leaked/discovered) and will probably reflect your real world location versus your VPN IPv4 connection.  As far as i know no VPN service provider uses IPv6 capable VPN servers; only IPv4 servers....and most VPN apps include a IPv6 kill switch while on your VPN connection to prevent IPv6 leaks.  ExpressVPN includes such a kill switch.

Edited by Pib
23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That shows an IPv6 address only with no indication where located for me.  Website provides both IPv6 and IPv4 as well as location.

Should have noted that was not using VPN - if using VPN it only shows the VPN IP address but you would still have to look up the IP to determine location - easier to use website IMHO.  But as said the VPN software will normally have this facility built in and provide actual and VPN IP numbers.

• 5 weeks later...

Apologize for interrupting directions towards contacting SSA.GOV at their USA based server using ISP /  VNP

routing from South East Asia...  I have also attempted to GO ONLINE and start as a firt time user establish a

SSA.GOV USA online access account starting 2012 up to the present time have failed....

There is some thing missing , some thing outside the routine fiduciary duties as is ignored by the SSA.GOV 

INTERNATIONAL operatins management if there is any at all supervised training of International SSA.GOV paid

representatives... 

Please excuse my ramblings. better understood past 8 years, as I followed instructions of 17 Manila SSA.GOV

staff orders to file and sign and deliver multiple SSA.GOV paper PRINTED FORMS always intercepted, never

replied at SSA.GOV Manila...  To clarify the picture I do not work for SSA.GOV I can only follow their instructions

who ever answer the phones if they do answer the phone but never take any action to follow up...

In a nut shell I never returned to USA after 2007 and had nothing left in USA except my Wells Fargo checking

bank saving accounts... The year 2012 I filed Wells Fargo Wire transfer form that I kept since 2007 and requested

100,000 transfer... The Wells Fargo Bank manager replied I must send them my ORIGINAL SSA.GOV issued SSA

card to verify! 2012 I contacted USA SSA.GOV asking for a SSA REPLACEMENT CARD... A MS LEE from Mission

Viejo, Orange County CA sent me a letter demanding I send her my passport my birth certificate my proof of

address etc... etc...

I had no choice but  travel to USA Embassy to stamp and verify documents and file forms THAT WAS ALL

certified forwarded by USA Embassy ACS... SO I WAITED and WAITED....  Nobody answered !!!  I traveled to

the USA Embassy ACS 2013 and was given a written declaration that my documents was intercepted and as

a policy proceedure was delivered to SSA.GOV Manila a Robert Jocson.  I waited and waited nothing happened

over the telephone was told he will take care of it...  Nothing happen...  2013 I received a letter from MS LEED

Orange County CA I have FAILED TO REPLY and so she blocked cancelled my SSA.GOV application at this 2013

interval my request for a OBAMA - Medicaid PART A card was also cancelled as I argued it a health insurance

registration card for people at age 65 it was never never answered and Robert Jocson Manila SSA.GOV remained

silent.... Wells Fargo banking informed me using a mysterious third party click click click telephone call with no

name no identification ALL my accounts are to be trashed shut down with no explanation with no instructions

was trashed to a USA abandoned CA PO box... That was 2013 after USA Embassy stamped verified and forwarded

my sensitive personal financial security information intercepted by Robert Jocson SSA.GOV/FBU Manila PH

Moving Forward with NO SSA.CARD replacement, NO MEDICARE CARD, NO USA BANK ACCOUNT, NO USA PROPERTY

NO USA LEGAL SERVICES, NO ANSWER FROM SSA.GOV,  I continued SSA.GOV forms filing with and at the USA

Embassy who did and has certified delivery to MANILA SSA.GOV...  I received emails from Manila, one SSA.GOV

agent wrote sorry I am leaving for medical excuse  can not help you another can not help you I am leaving for

medical leave indefinite, another send me your passport, another what is your phone number, on and on until

I forced Iveez Gomez to be delivered by USA Embassy diplomatic registerd number ny SSA.GOV paper applications

and history starting 2012 and then I also asked USA Embassy to deliver using diplomatic registered mail to USA

SSA.GOV INTERNATIONAL Administration Baltimore MD... The USA Embassy again written certified my  delivery

of SSA FORM FILED papers but SSA.GOV International Baltimore never responded and a Christine Cuevazz from

Manila asked to set up a phone interview....  The phone interview was a series of repeated questions that was

several times answered using SSA forms asking if i work for rail road, etc. etc. so I answered and asked Kristina

Cuevaz why she did not read the USA Embassy delivered box full of my application received by Iveez Gomez as

requested... Kristina Cuevaz responded that Iveez Gomez told her she never got my papers... I asked Kristina Cuevazz to telephone the USA Embassy ACS she promisd she will BUT she NEVER DID CONTACT THE USA EMBASSY all lies!

I persistantly tried calling her and 2017 she contacted me she wanted my original marriage certificate papers

sent to her MANILA DESK...  I contacted the Superior Court Of california and paid for documents that took time

travelling to Kristina Cuevaz desk top but this SSA.GOV paid staff became silent and all MANILA replies are dead...

Once again I repeated my SSA.GOV paper filings using South East Asia EMS mail to SSA.GOV  Baltimore MD with

signed delivery proof and to the USA Embasy ACS girl to also forward and that was 2019 when I got a retarded

brain dead faked ping pong email and phone from  

Jason Welsh

Regional Federal Benefits Officer

Manila Region

+63 2 301-2564

+63 2 708-9714 Fax

[email protected]

He appologized for theft of my bank savings and the only excuse he gave was "SSA.GOV trying to save money", I replied

he was a phony thief responsible for  destroying the life of a USA citizen from his MANILA party house with no regard

how the hell can a USA citizen return to the USA no financial records, no legal services, no driver licenses, no resident

address, no USA phone numbers this idiot replied apply online...

There is only a hand full of USA citizens retired in ASIA and most solved SSA and banking problems using USA relatives

a USA relative address now the real ID policy has destroyed all options to return to the USA homeland having nothing

having nobody just a USA passport at at age 77 to live on charity, welfare streets of San Francisco?  

Getting back to the SSA.GOV ONLINE connection there is some thing missing or un clear how to get a USER ACCOUNT

opened outside the USA homeland?  The Baltimore SSA.GOV INTERNATIONAL people do not answer the mail do not

have explicit step by step instructions and blocks any person who has no USA registered verified mailing address

with a USA verified VERIZON bill paid telephone number to receive SSA.GOV  online PIN NUMBERS...  

mY LAST usa ssa.gov  benefit printed in the mail STATEMENT received 2012 declared 1310 USD per m month that

wasrs ago I received NOTHING and my entire bank credit financial history was destroyed by MANILA FBU Robert

Jocson and 17 others with Jason Welsh... My last box of papers was mailed to SSA.GOV FRAUD INVESTIGATION who

has also sat on their fat a and did and do nothing answer nothing because MANILA FBU is above the USA law? 

Yes the SSA.GOV online  system works for the majority and a hand full who bypass trouble using USA family

address/phone/bank records, but SSA.GOV INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER  SERVICE is OUT OF CONTROL, lacking

interface training, lacking SSA.GOV services application with out supervised management roaming free on

PACIFIC ISLAND CITY OF MANILA....

In conclusion I remind you this is to help others who simply stay quiet, stay silent, or has just give up USA SSA.GOV 

application abhove the law handling by a few untrained civil servants representing USA SSA.GOV from the PACIFIC

island city of MANILA... This is not how USA SSA.GOV paid employees are service response trained on the homeland

and furthermore the regional SSA.GOV monkey after 7 years can only explain we are saving money hiring brain dead

MANILA SSA.GOV paid girls who have no fiduciary USA GOV services training to follow up certified legal applications!

works for the majority       

If you got this far thank you for listening I have lost SSA.GOV money,  too old to continue MANILA SSA.GOV FRAUD cover

up OF constitutional SSA.GOV service rights as a single USA citizen,  USA SSA.GOV isolated, abandoned, ignored, dismissed,  retired in South East Asia  under the MANILA SSA.GOV sanctioned MAFIA supervisor

• Sad 1