CPF enforces virus-prevention measures, reassures safety of meat products

webfact

CPF enforces virus-prevention measures, reassures safety of meat products

By The Nation

800_903b3acd527ed2f.jpg?v=1585136273

Charoen Pokphand Foods (CPF) has implemented measures to prevent pork and chicken meat from being infected with the Covid-19 virus, said Dr Damnoen Chaturavittawong (DVM), Senior Vice President of Swine Veterinary Service Department today (March 25).

Under the measures announced, all staffers will be screened for body temperature, submerge their feet in disinfectants, spray hands with alcohol, and wear face mask.

“We want to raise awareness of personal hygiene among employees by encouraging them to wash their hands regularly with soap and alcohol, while frequently touched spots in the premises are disinfected and farm vehicles sanitised before and after each use,” he said.

“Also, the company has passed on these measures to farmers participating in the project to promote small and medium-sized farming as guidelines to prevent spread of the pandemic among animals and farm workers”.

CPF%202.jpg

Dr Damnoen Chaturavittawong (DVM)

He explained that pigs in all CPF farms are raised with a bio-security system, a disease prevention system which is accepted internationally, such as using closed-loop farming, inspecting raw materials from safe sources, disinfecting transport trucks in and out of the farm, and specifying delivery points away from the farm,” he explained.

“We can confirm the safety of our pig production process and the supply of 100 per cent safe food to consumers,” he said. “During the Covid-19 outbreak, consumers should choose meat carefully by identifying manufacturers with certified virus-prevention standards”.

CPF%203.jpeg

He advised people to exercise discretion when receiving information, do not believe rumours in online communities, and not forward false information, adding that news reports about AIDS in pigs and chickens were untrue.

“CPF has been cooperating with the Department of Livestock Development to prevent and monitor contagious diseases in pigs and poultry, consumers can be confident of the safety of our meat products,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384819

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-26

I just can't imagine any factory in Thailand that could possibly obey the distancing rules....usually the workers are touching shoulders along conveyor lines.....

Anyway, my fetish for CP sausages from 7/11 has passed.....they keep getting smaller and I'll never buy them again!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

I just can't imagine any factory in Thailand that could possibly obey the distancing rules....usually the workers are touching shoulders along conveyor lines.....

Anyway, my fetish for CP sausages from 7/11 has passed.....they keep getting smaller and I'll never buy them again!

I refuse to eat anything made by CP

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

High cooking temps will render most bacteria /virus inactive, it is how food is handled and stored after cooking where bacteria etc is allowed to enter our systems.

I am in agreement with RJR1301 here.  Both pork and chicken must be thoroughly cooked.  As these products are usually minced or cooked as small pieces the high temperature will kill any parasites, bacteria or viruses on the product.

5 hours ago, GordyS said:

I refuse to eat anything made by CP

Boycotted all cp products after the last coup. Up to his neck in it. When I was in Thailand living it just took one visit to a market selling fish and meat etc for me to never buy food from them. Stay safe.