Phuket Governor ’asks’ tourists to self curfew from 5pm to midnight

webfact

Curfew on tourists, foreign and Thai, in Phuket

By The Thaiger

ET4HaT1U0AASUgD.jpg.51850f7b39d314dcefe6

The Phuket Governor has been forced to announce an emergency curfew to prevent a repeat of last night’s spontaneous gatherings on Patong Beach. With all the bars and entertainment venues closed Governor Phakaphong has requested that tourists, both foreign and Thai, to remain inside their accommodation from 5pm until midnight, tonight.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-25-at-19.19.19.jpg

ET4IatwU8AIYmxh.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/curfew-on-tourists-foreign-and-thai-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2020-03-26
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do these nonsense ideas exist? Everyone no matter of race or where they came from can catch and carry the virus. If your going to get specific, curfew the chinese!! Especially while people are rushing to get food and such. Was at Lotus yesterday and a van load of chinese stopped at the front blocking everyone and they all waddled out slowly and annoying like wasting everyones time and such. Only 2 were wearing masks. 

Anyway, to be honest its best to put the curfew in place now to beat this thing. there is no other way to beat it quickly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

well  at  least  he  mentioned  thai  tourists  but  why  not Everyone? maybe  locals are  different and  immune to viruses

makes little sense if this exercise is going to be for a limited by time and the population numbers i.e.  not applying to all the the residents of the city.

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

Why do these nonsense ideas exist? Everyone no matter of race or where they came from can catch and carry the virus. If your going to get specific, curfew the chinese!! Especially while people are rushing to get food and such. Was at Lotus yesterday and a van load of chinese stopped at the front blocking everyone and they all waddled out slowly and annoying like wasting everyones time and such. Only 2 were wearing masks. 

Anyway, to be honest its best to put the curfew in place now to beat this thing. there is no other way to beat it quickly.

the chinese tourists are well known for their behaviour.

• Sad 1

Being a trained TV investigator, I would round up these three and detain them as instigators.  I'm sure the crowd would disperse as they were debriefed during questioning. Back at the police station, of course.

As for Chinese waddling and blocking the road, they do stop for herds of thousands of ducks there. 

image.png.e441d929569c0e5512facaf892b5443f.png  image.png.80ace46acee917b8efee1354f7da30a1.png  image.png.81a5853087d73a0d6b4d3a4039dc1abd.png

Edited by Damrongsak

Another provincial politician who tries to profile himself behind the community .... what's the point of your suggestion? IT MAKES NO SENSE! Like all your suggestions, your colleagues and the government's, you are all swimming in unknown waters and making mistakes all the time ...

My guess is that this has been brought about from the photos of tourists on the beaches. So, why not just close the beach at a certain hour. I wonder also whether the 5pm time is to coincide with the opening of the alcohol sales time?

But how would this appear to tourists when they are asked to stay indoors but locals are free to go out? And what about foreign long-stayers? What are we allowed to do.

BTW the notification looks lie a request from Dads Army's Sergeant Wilson in the way it's worded!

Edited by madmitch

If it doesn’t make sense to you it’s because you don’t speak Thai. Different language equates to a different set of references. 

If a monkey could speak English you would understand it. Different reference points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Another shot in their foot. Makes no sense.

Closing venues to curb the infection then have the people gather on the beach instead makes no sense either...

if people cannot understand what's going on then the officials will enforce you to stay in your room!

This isn't about spoiling your fun, buy a beer and stay in your room!

• Like 1

Totally agree with putting everyone in the same basket, tourists and locals alike, but just look at that picture.

never seen so much ignorance in my life.

shame on the lot of em! 

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

very difficult to make sense of any of this

The PM says he is control yet they are all doing their own thing from province to province and the army seem to have gone back to barracks which sounds to me like there is a disagreement of sorts

The lunatics are beginning to show us just how lunatic they are!