Seasonal Covid 19 Possible

GeorgeCross

https://www.ft.com/content/c8ed3692-6db3-11ea-9bca-bf503995cd6f

“Based on what we have documented so far, it appears that the virus has a harder time spreading between people in warmer climates,” said Mohammad Sajadi, an associate professor at the University of Maryland’s Institute of Virology who has been studying the outbreak, which has infected close to 400,000 people around the world.  Scientists from Beihang and Tsinghua universities in China, who have examined how the coronavirus has been transmitted in 100 Chinese cities, concluded that “high temperature and high relative humidity significantly reduce the transmission of Covid-19”. Prof Sajadi’s research suggests that, although the virus can spread anywhere, it transmits most effectively between humans when humidity is low and the temperature is between 5C and 11C.

47B73D15-8E10-4327-AE5F-C02011DB79B2.jpeg

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I believe that it will be seasonal, it is after all the same family as influenza. There will be a natural strengthening of the immune system which will reduce the symptoms and the death toll and we will carry on as usual until the next pandemic. This virus was a good practice run for the future.

I believe you're right and hopeful we are going to see many positive changes for the better of society in the near future.

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I believe that it will be seasonal, it is after all the same family as influenza. There will be a natural strengthening of the immune system which will reduce the symptoms and the death toll and we will carry on as usual until the next pandemic. This virus was a good practice run for the future.

I wish it "was" You mean it "is" or "hopefully is" ????

24 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

If with more data this theory becomes proven fact, I imagine that there will be greater movement of people (who can afford to) heading to warm countries in cool seasons. Probably not the greatest thing to stop the virus spreading!

But TAT will love it!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

If with more data this theory becomes proven fact, I imagine that there will be greater movement of people (who can afford to) heading to warm countries in cool seasons. Probably not the greatest thing to stop the virus spreading!

the evidence is stacking up. there was a brilliant twitter thread (series of tweets for the less tech savvy) yesterday from a harvard respiratory professor who theorized that like flu covid19 would find it easier to bind to cells in the respiratory tract of patients living primarily in cold dry air. this was because cold dry air damages the cells in the throat making them easier to infect.