Immigration opens new location in Bangkok for tourist visa extensions/90 day reports

Visa extensions in Bangkok: New location added for tourist visa extensions/90 day address reports to ease pressure at Chaeng Wattana

1pm2a.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The Region 1 immigration has decided to open an additional tourist visa extension office at Muang Thong Thani from today. 

Tourists can go to a new building that is part of the police central investigation unit there.

Muang Thong Thani is a sprawling housing estate a few kilometers from the Government Complex also on Chaeng Wattana Road. 

Immigration came under mounting criticism yesterday after large queues of tourists stranded in Thailand clogged the complex. 

Social distancing to prevent the spread of coronavirus became all but impossible as the complex was swamped.

1pma.jpg

Region 1 chief Pol Maj-Gen Piti Nithinonthaset said that the extra location would ease pressure on the existing facilities. He claimed that people had to sit apart on chairs with a gap between each other. Also those queueing had to remain 1.5 meters apart. This created problems as space at the Government Complex was limited. 

Pictures published on social media yesterday indicated that little of what the chief was suggesting might have been taking place. 

Click Here for Location in Google Maps

Naew Na reported that immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang was behind the move because he cares for foreigners and his staff. 

The following could be done at Muang Thong Thani: 90 day reports, reports of address (Article 38) and tourist visa extensions. 

The housing estate is on the other side of Chaeng Wattana Road set a couple of kilometers off the main road. It is outbound from the government complex.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-26

Click Here for Google Maps Location

Location in relation to Chaeng Wattana

Click Here for Google Maps Location

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Anyone care to explain what border runners on Non O marriage do now? 

Im puzzled with the information coming out.

I will apply for extension of stay based on marriage. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

You can apply for the standard 60 day extension to visit your wife at your local immigration office.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

As every one else is doing or in some cases not doing.

There has been plenty of time for people to Get THEMSELVES organised.

but seem to be waiting for someone else to do things for them. Or  hoping the Government suddenly say ok no problem we will sort it out (cold day in hell springs to mind).

You have options 60 day extension to visit wife. If already had letter from embassy seems to be the way forward there.

Extension of stay married or retirement.

Agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BKKrichard said:

Is there someone who can Explain how to do 90 day reporting by post?

Instruction and address to do it is here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

You may to wait awhile for the page to open. Site is very slow today (perhaps overloaded from so many people trying to get on it).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Instruction and address to do it is here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

You may to wait awhile for the page to open. Site is very slow today (perhaps overloaded from so many people trying to get on it).

Other than having to make a bunch of copies and provide a return envelope addressed (hope you have printer) there is the requirement to put on a 10 baht stamp.  Not easy to find 10 baht stamps and will likely require a trip to a post office to do so, even if you can mail at a mail box type location.  And if your receipt does not appear in 30 days you still have to visit immigration.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fourpack said:

As every one else is doing or in some cases not doing.

There has been plenty of time for people to Get THEMSELVES organised.

but seem to be waiting for someone else to do things for them. Or  hoping the Government suddenly say ok no problem we will sort it out (cold day in hell springs to mind).

You have options 60 day extension to visit wife. If already had letter from embassy seems to be the way forward there.

Extension of stay married or retirement.

Agent.

Thank's for the attempt of a friendly advice,

you SA!

Besides insulting, just empty phrases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maechanman said:

This makes  perfect sense if only Jomtien could do something similar.

And Phuket and Chiang Mai. CM Imm could revert back to Promenada for a few weeks - it's empty enough there, now. Or do what I do and pay for my visa agent to update my 90 day report - costs 1,500 for 4 times a year. 

BTW - I have my Covid 19 insurance at an annual coverage cost of Bht 850 from Frank.co.th. Covers 100k hospital costs, and 1m death benefit. All expats should consider it, IMO.    

14 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Thank's for the attempt of a friendly advice,

you SA!

Besides insulting, just empty phrases.

Why is it insulting Prey! 

It's all there what to do if you can't be bothered that's your choice.

Have a good day

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

And Phuket and Chiang Mai. CM Imm could revert back to Promenada for a few weeks - it's empty enough there, now. Or do what I do and pay for my visa agent to update my 90 day report - costs 1,500 for 4 times a year. 

BTW - I have my Covid 19 insurance at an annual coverage cost of Bht 850 from Frank.co.th. Covers 100k hospital costs, and 1m death benefit. All expats should consider it, IMO.    

Someone called frank.co.th and if you don't have a work permit then the insurance is void. I got "scammed" too. ????

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

I got my extension yesterday after get a letter emailed to me from the Australian Embassy after requesting the letter from the following email address; [email protected]

It arrived the following day with my name and passport number which I had supplied along with photos of my passport data page and visa expiry date.I had also provided reasons why going to Australia was not an option for me,which with the borders closed would give everybody a legitimate reason for not returning and also the Oz government (which has closed for 5 months) advises not to travel.

53 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Someone called frank.co.th and if you don't have a work permit then the insurance is void. I got "scammed" too. ????

That's interesting.  Could you please provide the policy conditions link to evidence this? Update, I have contacted Frank and providing I have lived in Thailand for x number of years, see 1 below - I'm covered. IMO, No 1 and 2 are alternatives as it's illegal to have a long term stay and be granted a work permit.

Here are the terms:

Document required for foreign (for claiming)

1. Long Stay Visa or Non immigrant O

2. Work permit

3. Passport

4. The insurer have to be in Thailand more than 6 months already

Edited by stephenterry
addition

13 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

That's interesting.  Could you please provide the policy conditions link to evidence this?

It says so on their web site doesn't it?

7. The insured person must reside in Thailand during the time of policy issuance (In case of a foreigner, He/She must reside in Thailand longer than 6 months and  Passport and Work permits documents will be required )   
8. If your policy number has already been issued, refunds are not allowed .

• Like 1

I was at Chaeng Wattana 05:15am this morning. About 120 people in line at that time. By 06:00am about 200 waiting. Immigration officer anounced that TM30, 90 day reports and Tourist Extensions had moved to Muang Thong Thani and was handing out maps and directing people to get a taxi or motorbike taxi. This thinned out the queue by about 20% immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

It says so on their web site doesn't it?

7. The insured person must reside in Thailand during the time of policy issuance (In case of a foreigner, He/She must reside in Thailand longer than 6 months and  Passport and Work permits documents will be required )   
8. If your policy number has already been issued, refunds are not allowed .

It's confusing, IMO, because it's been translated...