Jump to content

Immigration opens new location in Bangkok for tourist visa extensions/90 day reports


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Someone posted yesterday that they were at immigration at 6:30am with about 700 people in front of them.

And they still close for lunch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So incredibly anal about immigration, just make a police order under current circumstances everyone has an automatic 90 day extension on their permission to stay date in their passport and 90 day tm 3

Absolutely stupid to put another location even further to get to than CW. They should be putting locations closer to the Silom area where people actually live and can get to easily. Not somewhere in w

As if they care about PR.   Someone posted yesterday that they were at immigration at 6:30am with about 700 people in front of them.   If all paying 1,900B fee that's 1,330,000B. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I was at Chaeng Wattana 05:15am this morning. About 120 people in line at that time. By 06:00am about 200 waiting. Immigration officer anounced that TM30, 90 day reports and Tourist Extensions had moved to Muang Thong Thani and was handing out maps and directing people to get a taxi or motorbike taxi. This thinned out the queue by about 20% immediately. 

 

So they're not giving people the option of which facility to use?  They're requiring all TM30, 90 Day Reports and tourist visa extensions to go to the new location?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Absolutely stupid to put another location even further to get to than CW. They should be putting locations closer to the Silom area where people actually live and can get to easily. Not somewhere in whoop whoop in the middle of nowhere.

Er, not everyone lives near Silom.  It's called *Greater Bangkok* for a reason.  

 

Some of us refer to be away from the smog and bustle, yet close enough to go if we need to.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in downtown Sh!thole-on-the-River.

 

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superatoz said:

ubon joe what if the visa has expired in feb ?

 

can we still get 60 days extension ?

You can't get an extension to a non-existent visa.  Duh.  🙄 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mister Fixit said:

You can't get an extension to a non-existent visa.  Duh.  🙄 🙄

You can't get an extension of a Visa full stop actually.

You extend a Permit of Stay / previous extension, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Impact Arena

That's the name for the whole complex which is huge....

 

I also couldn't find out where the new office exactly is but it won't be easy to find if we don't know the exact name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

So they're not giving people the option of which facility to use?  They're requiring all TM30, 90 Day Reports and tourist visa extensions to go to the new location?

 

yes --- go there so CW is reserved for the serious big hitter 'Non O' players among us 🤨 🤠

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toolpush said:

How about that huge empty train station at Makassan? Perfect location.

 

Indeed, and already owned by the government, and at the intersection of the MRT and ARL lines.

 

But obviously, that would be sensible, so they're not likely to do it!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

Er, not everyone lives near Silom.  It's called *Greater Bangkok* for a reason.  

 

Some of us refer to be away from the smog and bustle, yet close enough to go if we need to.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in downtown Sh!thole-on-the-River.

 

 

What ought to matter is... what's the most convenient location and most accessible via public transit for the largest number of intended customers -- not where you happen to live or what's convenient for YOU!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Does anyone know if this new building already has a catchy name that can be used to search for it with the Grab app? That would be useful to avoid misunderstandings.

 

Nerve Centre? 

No, seriously though, you're right, we need something that can be remembered, something that'll go viral... 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Absolutely stupid to put another location even further to get to than CW.

What's also interesting is that we've always been told that we can only conduct our Immigration business at the office in the province where we reside, and yet this new office for Bangkok residents is in Nonthaburi.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Does anyone know if this new building already has a catchy name that can be used to search for it with the Grab app? That would be useful to avoid misunderstandings.

 

If the location in the OP is right, the closest location which probably even taxis know and which should show up in the grab app is the "Ibis Bangkok Impact" hotel. Looks like a 200m walk from there to the new temporary immigration office.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...