Immigration opens new location in Bangkok for tourist visa extensions/90 day reports

On 3/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, steve187 said:

60 day extension, or a 1 year extension, if neither of these suit, then an embassy letter and a 30 day if your lucky.

Have to do a 60 day extension non imm o. May have to also do a tm30 if the io asks. Wonder if the io at CW would send me back to the new office to do so or do both the extension and tm30 out of the goodness of his/her heart? ????

On 3/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, Tayaout said:

I have the option to travel 1.5h and do it in person or use an agent that say he can do the whole process by mail. I still have over 2 months left on my last entry stamp so I did not take my decision yet. 

Extension of stay based on marriage (1 year) is not the same as the 30 days extension that require the paper from the embassy... 

Will the agent do the 60 day extension? Maybe you can pm me the agents details please?

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

A great video of the process here, any comment would be superfluous.

pathetic  ,disgusting, shameful.................and a  lot of negative publicity comments for  Thailand......perfect!!

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Except from the fact that they make them sit in the sun it takes only a couple more hours than normal. If you need to do like him then you should get there way earlier than he did. He left his home at 6:30. When I was living in Bangkok by that time I would already be waiting in line and about 100 peoples were already there! This place is pure hell! 

14 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

According to the news article posted in the OP, tourist visa extension were having an EXTRA location opened for doing them. In the above video when at CW they were told that it's not true, that CW was closed for tourist visa extensions and ONLY the new place in the middle of nowhere was the place where tourist visas could be extended. Is this true??? This looks like an absolute nightmare to get there and an absolute nightmare to get through the process in the heat and sun.

I'm also shocked how many people in the video are on tourist visas. Is this only for tourist visas or also for people on visa exempt?

Also, in that video (starts around 14:10 in the video) it shows him having to hand over an Embassy letter and him having to sign to certify that it's a true copy of it. Then the IO gives it back to him and says that he will need that letter again for the next time he comes to extend for another 30 days. Doesn't match up with what was posted in the OP.

Also, in the OP it says desks A, B & K have been moved. But SETV/METV extensions are at desk J, not K. I think desk K is for visa exempt only. Doesn't make sense to me. So desk J meaning SETV/METV will still go to CW, correct?

Hi, title of post says "tourist visa extensions/90 day report" -- I'm in Thailand on 30 day visa-exempt and not a tourist visa - can I also extend this at this new location? Can anyone post a link to the form that is required for this? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, rudidep said:

Hi, title of post says "tourist visa extensions/90 day report" -- I'm in Thailand on 30 day visa-exempt and not a tourist visa - can I also extend this at this new location? Can anyone post a link to the form that is required for this? Thanks!

Yes  a 30 day extension is possible. Same form, TM7

Edited by jacko45k

thanks! one more question -- I'm in thailand on 30 day exempt and have not yet extended. So this is my first 'regular' extension of 30 days -- do you think I still need a letter from the embassy or regular extensions are still given based on TM7, passport picture and copies of relevant passport pages?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, rudidep said:

thanks! one more question -- I'm in thailand on 30 day exempt and have not yet extended. So this is my first 'regular' extension of 30 days -- do you think I still need a letter from the embassy or regular extensions are still given based on TM7, passport picture and copies of relevant passport pages?

Thanks

No embassy letter required, don't waste your embassy's time ????

they need to open an office on the other side of bangkok

bang-na area.

so they still want us to use the skytrain and taxi to chang wattana and wait in long lines and HOPE you get everthing done in one day.

if not it is a repeat!!!

not really helping to prevent people from close contact.

i was going to get a gas mask, but since they are illegal i use the stupid cloth masks that do nothing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rodknock said:

they need to open an office on the other side of bangkok

bang-na area.

so they still want us to use the skytrain and taxi to chang wattana and wait in long lines and HOPE you get everthing done in one day.

if not it is a repeat!!!

not really helping to prevent people from close contact.

i was going to get a gas mask, but since they are illegal i use the stupid cloth masks that do nothing.

Yeah would be nice if they opened them in different parts of the city. I live over in the Bang Mot, Thung Khru area and its a pain to go a hour drive away for immigration. Similar to those on the Bangna area side of things.

They used to have it at Major Hollywood by me which was awesome.

Can somebody clarify - the OP says several times that this is an 'additional' location, meaning it's in addition to Chaengwattana rather than in place of it.  Reading this as simply as possible, that means we can go either to Chaengwattana or Muang Thong Thani to do TM30s and 90 day reports.  Is my reading of this correct?

For what was desk K or B work at Chiang Watanna you must use the new location.  There is no choice involved.

Desk A - 90 Day reports are at Chiang Watanna.

Desk B - TM30 reports are at Muang Thong Thani.

Desk K - 

30 or 90 or 14 day visa exempt, Visa on arrival, Courtesy visa,

Lost Passport, Lost Departure Card (TM.6), Transit visa, APEC

are at Muang Thong Thani

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

So it appears I should probably got to MTT tomorrow to make sure my under consideration stamp is changed to valid to. I will be taking a taxi. Where exactly should I be telling him to take me? Its Thanon Popula in Nonthaburi, Muang Thong Thani. What is the building called?

Have a look at this post.

• Thanks 1