BANGKOK
webfact

Chaos at Chaeng Wattana: Tourists queue for extensions as State of Emergency looms

3 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

This is resolved today. Chaeng Wattana Is back to relative normality. They have moved 90 day reporting and tourist visa extensions to Muang Thong Thani. 
I arrived at 7.30am for the non-o extension by marriage stamp (30 days after the application) and was done in 40 minutes and on my way back home. Very well organised and no queues whatsoever. 

hahaha nice! guess we know which sections need optimizing in future. better online tourist extensions and 90 days that work for all (or are scrapped altogether)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

This is resolved today. Chaeng Wattana Is back to relative normality. They have moved 90 day reporting and tourist visa extensions to Muang Thong Thani. 
I arrived at 7.30am for the non-o extension by marriage stamp (30 days after the application) and was done in 40 minutes and on my way back home. Very well organised and no queues whatsoever. 

They didn't move it, then ADDED ANOTHER LOCATION for it to be done.

"The Region 1 immigration has decided to open an additional tourist visa extension office at Muang Thong Thani from today. 

Tourists can go to a new building that is part of the police central investigation unit there."

• Thanks 1