Chaos at Chaeng Wattana: Tourists queue for extensions as State of Emergency looms

webfact

3 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

This is resolved today. Chaeng Wattana Is back to relative normality. They have moved 90 day reporting and tourist visa extensions to Muang Thong Thani. 
I arrived at 7.30am for the non-o extension by marriage stamp (30 days after the application) and was done in 40 minutes and on my way back home. Very well organised and no queues whatsoever. 

hahaha nice! guess we know which sections need optimizing in future. better online tourist extensions and 90 days that work for all (or are scrapped altogether)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

This is resolved today. Chaeng Wattana Is back to relative normality. They have moved 90 day reporting and tourist visa extensions to Muang Thong Thani. 
I arrived at 7.30am for the non-o extension by marriage stamp (30 days after the application) and was done in 40 minutes and on my way back home. Very well organised and no queues whatsoever. 

They didn't move it, then ADDED ANOTHER LOCATION for it to be done.

"The Region 1 immigration has decided to open an additional tourist visa extension office at Muang Thong Thani from today. 

Tourists can go to a new building that is part of the police central investigation unit there."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SwissTony77 said:

...your brown envelope will be delivered shortly!

Edited by NightSky
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I look at photos like that and am soooo thankful that I live in Chiang Mai and not BKK

In Chiang Mai you need to stay indoors anyway because of the horrendous air quality and 2.5 pm level pollution, it's unhealthy to go outside and breathe! So you guys should be able to adapt much more easily to the lock down.

But then again, Coronavirus attacks the respitory system so living in the most polluted city in the world during such an event may not be the best strategy. 

Good luck with that! 

• Haha 2

"well organised, no queues, done in 40 minutes" - in fact, as Swiss Tony would have said, "visiting Immigration is like making love to a beautiful woman" ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

They didn't move it, then ADDED ANOTHER LOCATION for it to be done.

"The Region 1 immigration has decided to open an additional tourist visa extension office at Muang Thong Thani from today. 

Tourists can go to a new building that is part of the police central investigation unit there."

Actually they moved 90 day and K (tourist visa) extensions there.  From reports I have read all must go there for those services.

• Like 1

Did you also go to MTT to see if all the tourist extension applicant people had simply been shifted to enormous queues there???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I left the "kingdom" before this started my new home says, no worries, after the crisis passes you will have six weeks to deal with your overstays, no fines, no penalties.  stay home.  so glad to be gone from Thailand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I look at photos like that and am soooo thankful that I live in Chiang Mai and not BKK

I am even happier as I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and my next 90 day report isn't due until late May. The KPP office is quite small and not always that busy.

I have enough things to do to keep me busy in self isolation

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa has just reported that additional facilities to extend tourist visas and do 90 day and address (Article 38) reports have been opened from today at the Muang Thong Housing estate a few kilometers away from the complex

idiots, anything but  cancel it  all and give everyone an amnesty for 1-2  months......and I should  follow this govts  advice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smedly said:

so protect the Thai staff but (deleted) the foreigners - is that what you are saying

Absolutely the right idea if you think about it.

Firstly most farangs only go to the Immigration Office 4 or 5 times a year yet the Immigration staff are there 5 days a week and have a far greater chance of catching Covid-19 than the average farang visitor.

If in a room with 12 Immi officers, 1 or 2 of them are passive carriers, how many farangs can they infect in a week?

The protection is not only for them but for us as well.

• Haha 1