Hua Hin and area: Department stores ordered shut, restaurants only takeaway, golf cancelled, no congregating

webfact

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Believe it or not I have been in self quarantine at home since March 10 when I started to feel a bit under the weather. I told everybody to go home. I did not crash and I am OK now. I still go grocery shopping but super efficiently. 

I went from hedonistic utilitarianism to American survivalist in about 48 hours. :cheesy:

I was having the best time Dec Jan Feb and then sadly the world hit the wall. 

Stay safe dude - and keep up your great contributions to the Thai Visa threads.

• Thanks 1

Banks at both shopping centres closed, as well as Immigration at BluPort!!!

The latter will make congestion worse at the Thap Thai Immigration Office!!!

Saw lots of people waiting outside some banks in downtown Hua Hin, in the hot sun.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Believe it or not I have been in self quarantine at home since March 10 when I started to feel a bit under the weather. I told everybody to go home. I did not crash and I am OK now. I still go grocery shopping but super efficiently. 

I went from hedonistic utilitarianism to American survivalist in about 48 hours. :cheesy:

I was having the best time Dec Jan Feb and then sadly the world hit the wall. 

maybe being s/d since the 10th saved your life who knows how life deals the cards. You seem like a smart guy, one of the ones who will make it as long as you be careful of the strays lol..

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Banks at both shopping centres closed, as well as Immigration at BluPort!!!

The latter will make congestion worse at the Thap Thai Immigration Office!!!

Saw lots of people waiting outside some banks in downtown Hua Hin, in the hot sun.

people are registering for the government payouts so they can receive and move all online and the banks are limiting customers at one time, the only way to play it imo - like the world, Thailand waited way too late..

11 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Well you posted this last week? Are you sure you are in self quarantine? 

Riding the length and breadth of the town is a strange way of going about it if you are

well i am strange but its not if you don't stop and never get off your scooter.

mask and face shield on helmet down. 

Edited by NCC1701A

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

well i am strange but its not if you don't stop and never get off your scooter.

mask and face shield on helmet down. 

Ok ????

So you claim you are self isolating however you are really zipping all around town with a mask on?

Strange how I haven't heard the Government tell us all we are safe to go out wherever we want as long as we have a mask on

However I suppose you know better ????

7 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Ok ????

So you claim you are self isolating however you are really zipping all around town with a mask on?

Strange how I haven't heard the Government tell us all we are safe to go out wherever we want as long as we have a mask on

However I suppose you know better ????

i was on a scooter wearing a N95 mask with a complete face shield so my entire head and face was enclosed. and i did not stop or get off my scooter or go into anywhere or near to anyone at all under under any circumstance. NO ONE NEAR ME AT ALL.

Edited by NCC1701A

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i was on a scooter wearing a N95 mask with a complete face shield so my entire head and face was enclosed. and i did not stop or get off my scooter or go into anywhere or near to anyone at all under under any circumstance. NO ONE NEAR ME AT ALL.

And?

That's not self isolating as you claimed is it?

The Government have told everyone to stay indoors - this doesn't mean you can make silly "recon trips" no matter how you are covered up - and it was silly - a announcement was made that the bars are closed and you make a trip to see if it is true and what do you find? Surprisingly yes it is true

Self isolating my <deleted>

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes it is. go away.

Really? Self isolating means not leaving your home

It doesn't mean you can make a silly pointless trip all around town - mask or not

If Governments were happy to let us all out as long as we have masks on they would tell us that but they haven't have they

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Really? Self isolating means not leaving your home

It doesn't mean you can make a silly pointless trip all around town - mask or not

If Governments were happy to let us all out as long as we have masks on they would tell us that but they haven't have they

7 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

Even got a text from my latest ex-girlfriend telling me she was now fired from her work at a 5 star resort here in Hua Hin due to lack of customers. Told me all the foreign workers (Indonesian and Malaysian she worked with) were already fired and had to return to their home country on their own dime. She was even cut short on her pay with 6000 baht from the regular 8900 baht, and no service charge or tips. She was crying her eyes out. Being the nice guy I am, I gave her 10.000 on the condition she hop on her scooter the day after and start looking for a new job. But I dont really think there is any new job to be found now.

She could try Panda or Grab, they seem to be the only businesses flourishing as all restaurants are forced to sell takeaway food only.

• Like 1

what state of emergency?

having just done a 13 kilometer round trip from by house to Big C in Hua Hin and back I was shocked to see how normal everything was. 

as I left my hood the traffic which has been greatly reduced slowly increased as I headed to the more "no nonsense" part of town. 

the big differences in town is greatly reduced traffic, bars closed, massage closed, restaurants switched to take out, malls closed. But that was it, very business was open all the way across town. Maybe salon were closed. But not laundry.  

Building supply stores were selling concrete bricks and groups of Thai men were loading them on a pickup truck. I saw farang buying blue PVC pipe. Scooter sales and repair, cellphone shops, everything was open and people were everywhere.   

At least the Thais are wearing masks now in much larger numbers, I would say 80%. Still farangs in Big C no mask. All older white males seem to be this demographic.  

I never saw one policeman anywhere on my route.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

what state of emergency?

having just done a 13 kilometer round trip from by house to Big C in Hua Hin and back I was shocked to see how normal everything was. 

as I left my hood the traffic which has been greatly reduced slowly increased as I headed to the more "no nonsense" part of town. 

the big differences in town is greatly reduced traffic, bars closed, massage closed, restaurants switched to take out, malls closed. But that was it, very business was open all the way across town. Maybe salon were closed. But not laundry.  

Building supply stores were selling concrete bricks and groups of Thai men were loading them on a pickup truck. I saw farang buying blue PVC pipe. Scooter sales and repair, cellphone shops, everything was open and people were everywhere.   

At least the Thais are wearing masks now in much larger numbers, I would say 80%. Still farangs in Big C no mask. All older white males seem to be this demographic.  

????

Words really do fail me

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

what state of emergency?

Same here

I live 15k south of prachuap in a rural area my house is isolated,but normal farming day round here, Railway workers building new line are in full swing

Klong wan fish market still working

PKK is semi closed restaurants selling take outs so town is quiet but yes normal shops hardware optician phone motorbikes

etc are still open

Today i did my 90 day at dansingkorn (burmese seemingly  outside only i was there less than a minute then went to petrol station and chemist on return home (first time out since tuesday)

Ok after 7pm roads deserted here but that's relatively normal

And yes NO police anywhere

My area is by no means in lock down and to be honest if you wouldnt know of any problem in my immediate locality

Edited by poohy
  • Thanks 1