Galileo satellites in Thailand?

fruitman

I just bought a new phone which should be able to see the new Galileo satellite system...but when i do a gpstest i can't see them...i can see all the other ones except Galileo.

Is that normal? Can anyone of you with a newer cellphone which uses Galileo see them?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 3:11 PM, MJKT2014 said:

No Galileo satellite system this arvo for me, but plenty of the other 4 constellations available to my 4 year old phone.

Most probably, the GNSS chip in your mobile phone is not capable of receiving Galileo (Europe) satellite signals. It can receive GPS (USA), QZSS (Japan), Glonass (Russia) and BDS (China).

On 4/22/2020 at 7:08 AM, aidenai said:

Most probably, the GNSS chip in your mobile phone is not capable of receiving Galileo (Europe) satellite signals. It can receive GPS (USA), QZSS (Japan), Glonass (Russia) and BDS (China).

The earlier screen capture of yours in post#3 did not distinguish on satellite constellations which is why I did a screen dump of the RINEX logger app although at the time it couldn't see any Galileo.

Sometimes my old phone sees Galileo like I mentioned in earlier post and sometimes not. Recently when I tried it could see up to 6 satellites again. There are so many satellites up there to choose I suppose it depends on how the app is processing them all as to whether they are used or not.

Galileo.jpg.944da03c57140b57d2de60d33629af1d.jpg

Cheers MJKT2014. thanks for the info.

16 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

The earlier screen capture of yours in post#3 did not distinguish on satellite constellations which is why I did a screen dump of the RINEX logger app although at the time it couldn't see any Galileo.

The earlier screenshot is a screenshot showing Galileo satellites only.