If a 24 hour lockdown is imposed, how will we extend our visas?

WineOh

During the last "lockdown", essential travel was still allowed. Once might assume government business might fit the criteria.

A "24 hour curfew" doesn't mean they will lock down for 24 hours; it means the curfew will be enacted, around the clock, for however long they decide.
_

Edited by Curt1591
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Toany said:

They will make an exception for immigration.  National security always comes first.

Everything considered essential is allowed even during a so called 24 hour lockdown, that includes for example buying food. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no "24-hour lockdown" (when no one can leave their homes for any reason), neither has it been suggested that there will be a complete 24-hour lockdown and neither will there be one, how could there be a total ban on any movement?

But, if your hypothetical situation did arise, don't you think that announcements would be made that would answer your question?

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:
23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There is no "24-hour lockdown" (when no one can leave their homes for any reason), neither has it been suggested that there will be a complete 24-hour lockdown and neither will there be one, how could there be a total ban on any movement?

But, if your hypothetical situation did arise, don't you think that announcements would be made that would answer your question?

A 24 hour lockdown doesn't mean you have to stay indoors 24/7. It's been explained already in several posts. Don't you read posts before you're posting yourself? 

Why didn't you read my post before posting your own?..."and neither will there be one, how could there be a total ban on any movement?"  That's part of what I said.  I wasn't asking what a 24-hour lockdown would be!

• Like 2

Only problem is the govt is not considering a 24 hour lockdown nor has it mentioned anything about a 24 lockdown, what they have siad is they are considering a 24 hour curfew which is quite different and that will mean no outside movement at all. So the question posed by the OP should have been "If a 24 hour curfew is imposed how will we extend our visas".  Already in my District we have had a local curfew imposed between 8.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m. with it being made quite clear to everyone that anyone found outside between those hours will be arrested and fined.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, CharlieH said:

As visa can be done within several days/weeks of the actual date it would be extremely poor planning if a 24hr period effected that task in any way. It would only happen if you literally left it to the last minute and then got locked down, in which case, it would be your fault but would probably get the same 24hr amnesty from IO.

I think the OP didn't mean a one time 24hr lockdown, but rather a 24hr/day lockdown for 2 Weeks or 1 month or 2 month (like Wuhan).

18 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Only problem is the govt is not considering a 24 hour lockdown nor has it mentioned anything about a 24 lockdown, what they have siad is they are considering a 24 hour curfew which is quite different and that will mean no outside movement at all. So the question posed by the OP should have been "If a 24 hour curfew is imposed how will we extend our visas".  Already in my District we have had a local curfew imposed between 8.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m. with it being made quite clear to everyone that anyone found outside between those hours will be arrested and fined.

Care to show the link where the government have mentioned a 24-hour curfew where no-one can leave their home for any reason?

I didn't think so.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

You're not correct about the 24 hour curfew. You're still allowed outside for essential activities,like buying food or going to the pharmacy. What the authorities have come up with in your district doesn't mean it's the same in other provinces. Where I'm staying there's nothing saying we can't go anywhere we want if keeping the correct distance from others. Everything is up to the Provincial Governors unless the PM says otherwise.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, swissbie said:

I think the OP didn't mean a one time 24hr lockdown, but rather a 24hr/day lockdown for 2 Weeks or 1 month or 2 month (like Wuhan).

Don't confuse a 24 hour lockdown in Thailand with Wuhan. It's not the same thing. You will be allowed to visit immigration if it's really needed, buy food and go to the pharmacy,see a doctor etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

A 24 hour lockdown doesn't mean you have to stay indoors 24/7. It's been explained already in several posts. Don't you read posts before you're posting yourself? 

No, he is too busy dishing out Saddos to everyone. ???? 

• Haha 1

Easy. If there's a curfew, there will be exceptions for "necessary" errands. Let's say you're on the taxi to immigration and encounter a police or military checkpoint - just show them your immigration paperwork and tell them you're on your way to immigration.

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No, Thailand is the only country that treats retirees like criminals in this way.

Do you know how Schengen countries treat Asian people when they try to acquire a visa?

And do you know how difficult it is to stay longer than a 3 week holiday period for an Asian in a Schengen country?

The way they are separating people and throwing them out on a short notice, that's truly criminal.

BTW, I don't agree with the Thai Visa regulations as well.....

7 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

Do you know how Schengen countries treat Asian people when they try to acquire a visa?

And do you know how difficult it is to stay longer than a 3 week holiday period for an Asian in a Schengen country?

The way they are separating people and throwing them out on a short notice, that's truly criminal.

BTW, I don't agree with the Thai Visa regulations as well.....

There is a lot of bad things happen in other countries, all I am saying is Thailand is the only country with 90 day reports.

I was glad to read your last sentence.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Easy. If there's a curfew, there will be exceptions for "necessary" errands. Let's say you're on the taxi to immigration and encounter a police or military checkpoint - just show them your immigration paperwork and tell them you're on your way to immigration.

As long as it is during the hours that you are allowed to exit your home. India brought in a 24 hour curfew without any thought as to people being able to go and get food and medication and their curfew was enforced by the military beating any person outside during the curfew and then India had to review their curfew and list times for certain activities. In Punjab the times became 6am to 9am to buy milk, vegetables and fruit and from 8am to 11am to buy groceries and medicines. It all depends on the times that are listed for the curfew. There will be set times that will be listed that you can leave your home, it will not be an open time frame. As an example: You may only be allowed to leave your home from 10am to 2pm each day, so you will have to work out what your priorities are to do in that time frame, like Monday go and do shopping, Tuesday go to immigration, Wednesday go to doctor. You will not have a choice of what time you want to do things and remember that whatever times are listed are for the whole community and not just for you, so plan accordingly. That is when and if curfews are put in place.

Edited by Russell17au

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

As long as it is during the hours that you are allowed to exit your home. India brought in a 24 hour curfew without any thought as to people being able to go and get food and medication and their curfew was enforced by the military beating any person outside during the curfew and then India had to review their curfew and list times for certain activities. In Punjab the times became 6am to 9am to buy milk, vegetables and fruit and from 8am to 11am to buy groceries and medicines. It all depends on the times that are listed for the curfew. There will be set times that will be listed that you can leave your home, it will not be an open time frame. As an example: You may only be allowed to leave your home from 10am to 2pm each day, so you will have to work out what your priorities are to do in that time frame, like Monday go and do shopping, Tuesday go to immigration, Wednesday go to doctor. You will not have a choice of what time you want to do things.

No need for a report about curfew in India. And the time window you're mentioning will never happen. You're one of those who's overthinking everything before it even happened. Try to relax. 

35 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No, Thailand is the only country that treats retirees like criminals in this way.

Really?

thought i read somewhere that south korea and china adopt something similar..

im truly shocked that Thailand is the only country that does this .