If a 24 hour lockdown is imposed, how will we extend our visas?

WineOh

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No need for a report about curfew in India. And the time window you're mentioning will never happen. You're one of those who's overthinking everything before it even happened. Try to relax. 

You just are not able to understand anything but what you say. But you are not the ruler of this country or this site so do not tell other people what they can and cannot post.

If you could read then you would have been able to understand what was written and you would also have been able to read the words "as an example"

You're just one of those who do not bother to read a post.

Go away and learn  to read what is written

Edited by Russell17au

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Really?

thought i read somewhere that south korea and china adopt something similar..

im truly shocked that Thailand is the only country that does this .

I have often asked on Thaivisa if Thailand was the only country with the nonsensical 90 day report, no one has ever said that any other country does it.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I have often asked on Thaivisa if Thailand was the only country with the nonsensical 90 day report, no one has ever said that any other country does it.

Maybe someone more in the know can verify.

I put the question to anyone that can answer:

’Is Thailand the only country in the world that operates 90 day report for foreigners?’

thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Really?

thought i read somewhere that south korea and china adopt something similar..

im truly shocked that Thailand is the only country that does this .

You can keep tabs on people without 90 days reports. That's what they do in China and even Vietnam. I read somewhere that even Cambodia have plans of monitoring foreigners. In July Vietnam are changing their "long term" visas, and not for the best. That's why no one is posting about how scary Vietnam is for Thailand anymore. Then the ones who moved there will be back again.

i'm confused, i thought we were already in a 24 hour lockdown (bangkok).  which includes being allowed to do essential things like going out to get food.

but when/if the 24 hour curfew is imposed, this would mean stay at home not allowed outdoors.

Dont worry, immigration will contact you!

The smart BMW fleet will be mobilised nationwide visiting farangs at home to do visa paperwork and bring vital food water and medicine to you and your family.

Hoorah for caring team Thailand!!

On 3/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, Dominion said:

It's possible they could be waived but this is Thailand so not sure how this will be implemented.

Contact your embassy/consulate, they should be dealing with that and obtain bulk exception on behalf of their nationals. It is obvious that this is not a fault of the visa holder.

20 minutes ago, buick said:

i'm confused, i thought we were already in a 24 hour lockdown (bangkok).  which includes being allowed to do essential things like going out to get food.

but when/if the 24 hour curfew is imposed, this would mean stay at home not allowed outdoors.

So who's going to feed you? BKK authorities? No one's going to work? Anywhere? Just relax! 

1 minute ago, gearbox said:

Contact your embassy/consulate, they should be dealing with that and obtain bulk exception on behalf of their nationals. It is obvious that this is not a fault of the visa holder.

I concur Gearbox.  These are unprecedented times we are in.  No prior examples for Governments to use as a template.  Too Many moving parts and unfortunately people and things slip into cracks and there is not forethought given to there plight, as there are sometimes more pressing needs to be handled.  What affects one person affects many differently based upon there needs.....

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

So who's going to feed you? BKK authorities? No one's going to work? Anywhere? Just relax! 

Max, i just wish people would do there own research and look at verified sources to obtain there information instead of thinking that the forums here have all the definitive answers.  I know that you do your best to put people into the right line, but unfortunately many do not listen or read.

Blue Flag Convoys are suppose to be out and about to obtain the basic necessities and are being done by the government, plenty of articles people can find also to indicate how they can order and have food delivered.  This is not rocket science.

Thank you for doing your best to keep things light during these times of unknown things and details.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I concur Gearbox.  These are unprecedented times we are in.  No prior examples for Governments to use as a template.  Too Many moving parts and unfortunately people and things slip into cracks and there is not forethought given to there plight, as there are sometimes more pressing needs to be handled.  What affects one person affects many differently based upon there needs.....

Stand up and fight. We pay taxes for these muppets to serve their citizens in times like these, not just to throw cocktail parties in the embassies. Don't allow the bureaucrats to toss you around waiting in endless queues, which are good places to pick up the virus. It is way easier to arrange exemptions for overstay than logistically to provide evacuation flights.

When I was leaving the Havelock island in the Andamans, the local government idiots announced that the last ferry to Port Blair for foreigners and non-islanders is the next day. The ferry was almost booked beforehand, and the tickets finished in no time. All of us without tickets, around 150 people, went and organised a demonstration near the police station,  eventually a new ferry was dispatched. If we stayed silent we would be probably still stuck there.

• Thanks 1

To me, I think they can still collect the fees, without the need for making an in-person appearance.

you could say (example only) that those who were here on some kind of a tourist visa (or visa exempt status) will pay 1,900 per 30 days they remained here after their original period stay expired and that it would be paid before they can check-in for their flights..: kind of like how Thailand was years ago when there was a departure tax that wasn’t baked into ticket prices and had to be paid in cash, in person, at the airport itself. You could also do a pay-at-7/11 / pay-at-post type process like you can do for some air Asia tickets. 

for those who are here in on longer stay visas, like 90-day multiple entry non-imm (not yearly extensions) visas, they could do the same thing.  Assess a 1,900 fee per 90 days beyond the original period.

90 day reports I think should move (permanently so) to either a mail-in option or online (via a better app/platform) function. No more in-person.  For those who have failed to report timely, impose the fines and collect them via pay-at-post or similar.

I think if they did that, the nett number of people that would need to come to immigration would be far more manageable...  because I do think that these types of extensions (or for work, marriage, retirement) have more paperwork required and would be difficult to do remotely ...

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Max, i just wish people would do there own research and look at verified sources to obtain there information instead of thinking that the forums here have all the definitive answers.  I know that you do your best to put people into the right line, but unfortunately many do not listen or read.

Blue Flag Convoys are suppose to be out and about to obtain the basic necessities and are being done by the government, plenty of articles people can find also to indicate how they can order and have food delivered.  This is not rocket science.

Thank you for doing your best to keep things light during these times of unknown things and details.

Even during a 24 hour lockdown you are allowed to buy food,go to the pharmacy or seeing a doctor. No one has to order food online just because of a curfew. That's optional. I have been using home delivery from Tesco Lotus since late 2017 when almost no one knew it existed. I think most of the people incl you have misunderstood the rules during an eventual curfew. They want people to stay at home during the evening and night. 

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Even during a 24 hour lockdown you are allowed to buy food,go to the pharmacy or seeing a doctor. No one has to order food online just because of a curfew. That's optional. I have been using home delivery from Tesco Lotus since late 2017 when almost no one knew it existed. I think most of the people incl you have misunderstood the rules during an eventual curfew. They want people to stay at home during the evening and night. 

Max I did not misunderstand, my post was marked for what the OP was about if there was a 24 hour lock down imposed, and not targeted at a curfew.  I can not answer his question about Visa Extensions as that is pure speculation on anybody's part.  I know the difference between a curfew and being sequestered and assure you that getting to places I needed to go out of necessity would be done expediently, safely, and with complete social distancing in mind during a curfew.  However, if they decided to lock down the city as some cabinet  members would like for 7 days, wont happen in my view, my post about online shopping, and the blue flag convoys was aimed towards that possibility.....