Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

What should I do regarding my 2 month Non O extension runs out? Normally I go to Savannahaket and get another 3 months and repeat..but now stuck here.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact your embassy for a letter to get a 30 day extension. Edit as I see you say 60 day extension has run out

Edited by fourpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply for another extension. Either 30 days with a letter from your embassy or for another 60 day extension.

Number 2 for 30 day or number 3 for 60 days.

 

image.png.85c93bf91762d1306b28aace7dc89627.png

Five mentioned in 3 is this in the police order.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, so i can get unlimited 60 day stamps with my kids docs. But usually they ask for the kids to be there, do you think it'll be ok if they're not with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justaphase said:

Cool, so i can get unlimited 60 day stamps with my kids docs. But usually they ask for the kids to be there, do you think it'll be ok if they're not with me?

The government has advised children under 5 not to venture out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, justaphase said:

Cool, so i can get unlimited 60 day stamps with my kids docs. But usually they ask for the kids to be there, do you think it'll be ok if they're not with me?

They may still want at least one of your kids to be with you. Just show use their birth certificate for the application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on a Non O based on retirement, due for renewal May3rd. I need to get proof of income letter from Canada Embassy and have appt there 24th April. Would I qualify for extension if I am unable to travel to Bangkok? I am in Chiang Rai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

I am on a Non O based on retirement, due for renewal May3rd. I need to get proof of income letter from Canada Embassy and have appt there 24th April. Would I qualify for extension if I am unable to travel to Bangkok? I am in Chiang Rai.

I don't think you would qualify for a 30 day extension.

I see no reason at this time for you not to be able to travel to Bangkok to get your stat declaration done.

At one time the Canadian embassy was allowing people to have a notary witness your signature and they you could mail it to them. Not sure if that is still possible but you might want to ask about it.

Or ask them for an earlier appointment. A stat declaration will be accepted by immigration that is up to 6 months old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justaphase said:

Cool, so i can get unlimited 60 day stamps with my kids docs. But usually they ask for the kids to be there, do you think it'll be ok if they're not with me?

Just to clarify: on each entry with a new permission to stay you can apply once for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife or dependant child.  At the end of the 60-day extension you would have to either leave the country or apply for the 1-year extension in country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Just to clarify: on each entry with a new permission to stay you can apply once for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife or dependant child.  At the end of the 60-day extension you would have to either leave the country or apply for the 1-year extension in country.

 

Read my earlier posts. I think he may of been over reacting to my post.

I wrote he might be able to get another one at immigration under the special rules at this time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ubonjoe  is that a 'big' might? I have the 'personalized letter' from the USA embassy. My 60 day extension runs out next Tuesday. Going tomorrow to Chaengwattana to try to get another extension on Non-o guardian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dayward1 said:

@ubonjoe  is that a 'big' might? I have the 'personalized letter' from the USA embassy. My 60 day extension runs out next Tuesday. Going tomorrow to Chaengwattana to try to get another extension on Non-o guardian.

You will have to try and do it under number 3 as shown on the memorandum to get 60 days (see my earlier post).

If not you would get 30 days under number 2.

I have seen no report of anybody getting an extension yet under number 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So better to just take my embassy letter and get 30 on my own.

 

No way am I taking my kids anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive done that already and waiting for 1.5 days so far, Its the issue of taking the kids to immigration that's impossible.

It will be ok now, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...