Thai man who displayed COVID symptoms after visiting Koh Phi Phi flees quarantine

webfact

29 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

So, whilst the final numbers are unknown, and will remain unknown for a long time/forever, let's assume that as it's got a higher hospitalisation rate, and that it's easier to contract than the flu, and the numbers are growing exponentially daily, that it's best avoided?...

Agreed,I'm going along with the social distancing as it's my normal state of existence and waiting for the fat lady to start singing to see if it's really worse than the flu.I'm erring on the side of that's it's not worse and hope to be proven right for obvious reasons.I'm hopping there are a sh!t load of undetected asymptomatic infections because it's nasty enough already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Agreed,I'm going along with the social distancing as it's my normal state of existence and waiting for the fat lady to start singing to see if it's really worse than the flu.I'm erring on the side of that's it's not worse and hope to be proven right for obvious reasons.I'm hopping there are a sh!t load of undetected asymptomatic infections because it's nasty enough already. 

So that shackled fella can find somewhere else to stay, for now? ????

44 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

So that shackled fella can find somewhere else to stay, for now? ????

No he's still welcome and I still will argue that if it's twice as bad as the flu it's still just the "flu" and his only crime is being infected with the flu and want to go home,but I'm willing to wait and see what the numbers say after a couple of more months.The mud might clear a little and as there's little else to do we can continue the debate and arm ourselves with info garnered from the net,info that I have little chance of knowing the veracity of.So don't go dropping off the perch now will you? 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Can you provide any scientific data to support your claim?It's one of several corona viruses and flu viruses that make up the general "flu" that happens each year but this one doesn't seem to be affecting the young nearly as much and mostly affects the older population with secondary conditions which is remarkably similar to what the normal flu does and the numbers so far doesn't suggest it's any worse than the flu.Yes I could "accommodate" him where he would be free to come and go as he pleases.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24/12-experts-questioning-the-coronavirus-panic/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=30beaf42d15fff019fc9591d041f4b3010ebc44f-1585198947-0-AVmPnaQCrcYmsoACL6s-gd225EWHIPf7R-uyh8wcP-ZRtk7VXq6YifbSsTXZ6_FZR6_2pPW94DFcpIPCLTjZweN0NUp3kLTsmpXtKX--ycuQkhxfWz9qZDHK5CIsjTWhWFuRHkldRpIHavCHjS2aFPcM0pgu0xvbm_CcTElj9oVEoq4g53P4pR06yXV9pDx4E2bvxMKXfHDspKF9fWuuGDpWJWmLHJEvtgupR0qtj7IKVvS8EjaQdvSwQ5FXU297TiCY24vTpL_-9kyOfAXgRnfaMoa1QbYlSCsxg7HezIAVfNq2trAyvqyqe3PZMloZ7ejeRBpv56O-1Sm5WekVgg49M6xORfD49oB0-bFguRpU

Love your source of information 

https://www.stopfake.org/en/russian-trolls-exiled-from-guardian-find-home-for-their-hate/

3 hours ago, MaiDong said:

So, whilst the final numbers are unknown, and will remain unknown for a long time/forever, let's assume that as it's got a higher hospitalisation rate, and that it's easier to contract than the flu, and the numbers are growing exponentially daily, that it's best avoided?...

Forgotten in  the  general comparisons is that  fact that influenza mortality  is still significant  despite vaccines  being available which helps  suppress the mortality  rate.

While the world  now waits for a vaccine for C-19 it is  being distracted  by the  fact that  the vaccines  for  influenza  variants  are  becoming  less effective  and mortality  rates are incrementally  increasing.

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Forgotten in  the  general comparisons is that  fact that influenza mortality  is still significant  despite vaccines  being available which helps  suppress the mortality  rate.

While the world  now waits for a vaccine for C-19 it is  being distracted  by the  fact that  the vaccines  for  influenza  variants  are  becoming  less effective  and mortality  rates are incrementally  increasing.

I think I remember reading this fairly recently, and yes, it is a concern too, along with all the other concerns, which there are enough resources in the world to fight, if there were the will to do so.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How do you consult a dictionary? Does your books talk to you?

As if we needed further proof you struggle with basic comprehension of common english.

You really are a waste of my time, and I really cant see the point in engaging you further. 

Good luck to you.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

As if we needed further proof you struggle with basic comprehension of common english.

You really are a waste of my time, and I really cant see the point in engaging you further. 

Good luck to you.

No problem! You never really engaged me in anything from start, due to that you never had anything interesting to share.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, Matzzon said:

How do you consult a dictionary? Does your books talk to you?

Just for comparison, "watch the sunrise" a fairly straight forward phrase, compared to "consult a dictionary" which apparently is in common use.  Just not by you.

image.png.530120e50ac9937cf1b6d4606c263168.pngimage.png.68effc0720cb4e626e62e32a8fe91388.png

image.png

exact phrase count from Google:

"consult a dictionary"  180,000

"watch the sunrise"  6,490,000

Current score:

Merriam-Webster   1   vs    Matzzon  0

consult.jpg

Edited by gamb00ler

20 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

exact phrase count from Google:

"consult a dictionary"  180,000

"watch the sunrise"  6,490,000

Current score:

Merriam-Webster   1   vs    Matzzon  0

consult.jpg

You are correct, much more in line with intuition.

Thanks for the correction.

I neglected the quotes to include the whole phrase.

In any event "consult a dictionary" is completely sensible and fairly common.image.png.20a23fabe047916dd5e0381ebace42bd.png

image.png.8b3b1d685bbf419d0a1507fa8ecf598c.png