Pattaya mayor tells encroachment violators: Comply or I'll tear you down myself

webfact

Pattaya mayor tells encroachment violators: Comply or I'll tear you down myself

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pattaya's strongman mayor Sontaya Khunpluem ordered his staff to post notices at "Ban Sukhawadee" in Moo 2, Na Klua, Bang Lamung yesterday. 

The company that runs the facility has two weeks to comply with an appeal judgment relating to encroachment on 11 rai of public land. 

If after 15 days HealthFood International (Thailand) has not complied, the authorities will tear down the property themselves.

The order relates to Building A on 11 rai of land reclaimed from the sea. Sukhawadee House as it is known in English is a luxury beachfront property and tourist attraction on a total of 80 rai. 

4pm2.jpg

Buildings B and C are also disputed but the current order relates to Building A after an appeal to a provincial committee was rejected. 

The legal wrangling over the site has been going on for years but now looks set to be at least partially resolved, notes Thaivisa.

Pattaya's mayor is part of an infamous political family whose former patriarch was known as "Kamnan Poh". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-26
  • Haha 1

We walk down there along the beach path all the time ,,they used to have security guards to stop you actually walking on the fake grass they put down, about 6 months ago the walkers there started using the toilets and walking on the land ,when the security tried to stop my wifes friend(she is a lawyer) she explained to the guards how they could not stop the public ,now they dont even try , i reckon it will be taken back ,