Please read these medical opinions

Brunolem

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The average age of the Covid19 fatality in Germany is 81.

The average age of the Covid19 fatality in Italy is 81.

End the panic!  

Open the doors!

Let the people live!

Not forgetting though: do please protect the elderly.

• Confused 1

Could the Covid-19 case fatality rate be that low? No, some say, pointing to the high rate in elderly people. However, even some so-called mild or common-cold-type coronaviruses that have been known for decades can have case fatality rates as high as 8% when they infect elderly people in nursing homes.

Interesting topic. My sister informed me that more than ten people at a home for the elderly have passed away.

I am still raising a fundamental question on the virus. How does using a glass, or similar, of an infected person affect people?

So more you read about the virus, so less you know. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Hurry, please bring out the dead.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I guess it's the same as climate change, a small percentage beg to differ.

Are you prepared to trust your life to their opinion?

Yes.Like Paddy standing in his paddock to get ahead in life,"they are outstanding in their field".

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think that's the point,we are not getting the whole story and many decisions are being made without having the whole story and without much consideration to the possible negative effects of those measures outweighing the benefits of the introduced measures.Beware the cure!

Yes, it's certainly being hyped up by the media, including countless updates on here. My favourite comment was this:

But remember the joke about tigers. “Why do you blow the horn?” “To keep the tigers away.” “But there are no tigers here.” “There you see!” 

Notwithstanding that, my gut feel is I'm not risking anymore than I have to, with once a week fresh food shopping as being the only near contact to others. And, of course, I'm in no position to weigh up whether the beneficial effects of segregation and self-isolation outweigh the economic and social negatives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Notwithstanding that, my gut feel is I'm not risking anymore than I have to, with once a week fresh food shopping as being the only near contact to others. And, of course, I'm in no position to weigh up whether the beneficial effects of segregation and self-isolation outweigh the economic and social negatives.

I agree and it could be a good practice run and a timely warning if something more deadly comes along so enormous benefits can be gained from the current outbreak.Not knowing is creating the biggest fear I think.

4 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

The 2003 SARS virus was very deadly and with some much smaller effort, it petered out.  I was living in Singapore when it started and next to Orange Grove Nursing home.  3 old patients died there from catching it from one younger family member that survived.  That SARS was the flu of the century when it occurred and a lot of fear and trepidation about, but it was gone a month or so later. 

And obviously, governments around the world learnt lessons and would never be caught out by a similar outbreak again....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

The 2003 SARS virus was very deadly and with some much smaller effort, it petered out.  I was living in Singapore when it started and next to Orange Grove Nursing home.  3 old patients died there from catching it from one younger family member that survived.  That SARS was the flu of the century when it occurred and a lot of fear and trepidation about, but it was gone a month or so later. 

Because the protocols of testing, identifying and isolating works. 

We were also lucky that the SARS virus lost part of its genome in a mutation which affected its transmission.

Mutations can go in our favour as well, they need not be a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

And obviously, governments around the world learnt lessons and would never be caught out by a similar outbreak again....

Not only did the Robert Koch Institute warn in 2012 of a coronavirus pandemic, witness Bill Gates in 2015 warning of a pandemic. Gives you chills down your spine...