Canadian question about 30 day extension

Hello everyone, a very long story short but I will try to hit the important points. My  trip to Thailand & Vietnam this year was from Jan 7th until April 28th when I was to return to Canada. 

Sadly Canada post took way to long to deliver my passport with my 6 month visa application to the Thai Embassy in Ottawa (10 days there, 2 days back to me.) I applied for a new passport once I found out that the visa wouldn't make it to me before my flight. I was given a 1 year passport because of my situation. After returning to Thailand from our 30 days away in Vietnam I of course received another stamp in My Passport which expires April 3rd. I am in Chiang Rai Province. My Thai wife says I just need to go to the Immigration office in the city for a 30 day extension. Is it that simple?

20 minutes ago, iLuvThai said:

My Thai wife says I just need to go to the Immigration office in the city for a 30 day extension. Is it that simple?

Yes, regular 30 day tourist extension.

If you are legally married you can also get 60 days to visit your wife.

Edited by jackdd

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Yes, regular 30 day tourist extension.

If you are legally married you can also get 60 days to visit your wife.

Great, 60 days for the same price? I think she said 1800 B

1 hour ago, iLuvThai said:

Great, 60 days for the same price? I think she said 1800 B

Every extension costs 1900THB.

I recommend to call the immigration office (if they answer the phone...) to ask which documents exactly they require because this can vary slightly from office to office.

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I recommend to call the immigration office (if they answer the phone...) to ask which documents exactly they require because this can vary slightly from office to office.

They actually might need more then just my passport?

1 hour ago, iLuvThai said:

They actually might need more then just my passport?

For the 60 day extension to visit you wife she will need to be with you when you apply.

Marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Copies of your passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.