Surin: Latest Covid 19 case was Pattaya spa girl who caught virus from infected Swedish man - bus travellers report immediately

webfact

Surin: Latest Covid 19 case was Pattaya spa girl who caught virus from infected Swedish man - bus travellers report immediately

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The governor of Surin went on his personal Facebook page to update about the latest case of coronavirus in the north eastern Thai province. 

There are now five cases. 

The latest is a 19 year old spa employee from Pattaya who caught the virus from an infected Swedish tourist.

She arrived in Surin in the early hours of Monday morning on a tour bus that left Pattaya on Sunday night. 

All those on the service were told to report to health authorities as a matter of urgency.

The service was Nakhon Chai Air First Class 30 seats from Rayong to Surin #8424. It left Pattaya at 9.10 pm Sunday and reached Surin at 4.30 am Monday.

The governor went on to say that 2,692 people had arrived back in the province from outside. He would not just call Bangkok or its surrounding areas as the only risky places now as everywhere in Thailand is risky, he said. The returnees came from all over.

Some 413 people are considered to be at risk of having contracted the virus.

He said starkly: If we as a province are to get through this crisis stay home, only go out if absolutely necessary from now on. 

Sanook further reported that Surin's borders with Cambodia were now very quiet.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-26
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

And so the exodus of people back to their home places is spreading the virus far afield, as we all predicted it would. Social distancing is all very well, but until you stop people leaving high number areas like Bangkok, the numbers are just going to keep rising.

By the bus load it seems 

I advised two Thai friends of mine who were planning to go home yesterday not to go anywhere near a bus station let alone a bus, they stayed

I told them I would give them 2000baht a month x2 what the Thai government thinks is enough lol

How long does it take for my posts to actually appear on the forum live - yes I see them but from another device they are not there - so how long TVF

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Last week a cousin of my gf and a few others travelled up from Laem Chabang for a house warming party in the village. Where was the village headman??? It's bang your head on the wall time. ☣️☣️☣️

• Like 2

If I wanted to get out of Bangkok about now I would not take any public conveyance. I would hire an out of work taxi driver and his car. For around US$100/day a person could get such a private car to go about anywhere in the country now. If it took two days, double that and pay for the driver's hotel room.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

She arrived in Surin in the early hours of Monday morning on a tour bus that left Pattaya on Sunday night.

So, she would have had her temperature taken in Pattaya before getting on the bus, right? She didn't show a temperature at that point, we can only assume.

Symptoms must have begun while travelling, yet she didn't say anything?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

IMHO not only the people in that bus should report immediately also all Staff and passengers (on other routes) that were in that Bus Station around the same time should report immediately

and anyone else who played "hide the soap" at the same spa these last 2 weeks ................. oh that's right, they only had one customer and he wasn't Chinese 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

How long does it take for my posts to actually appear on the forum live - yes I see them but from another device they are not there - so how long TVF

Judging by some of the rapid responses to my posts, I'd say mine are instantaneous. Perhaps your service provider is the problem.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

How can they possibly know from whom she caught it from ?

I'd be more concerned she was working massage at age 19.

But apparently blaming 'dirty foreigners' is far more important than 'jailing under age prostitutes'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2