Foreigners and locals in Thailand told to STAY INDOORS

webfact

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i saw reports from a man who was walking down deserted and very dark soi cowboy and he said there were large numbers of rats now running around. i mean more than before. 

Don't be alarmed, Captain. They've always been there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Felt 35 said:

Is it a curfew or not? They say stay inside but are there hammered a curfew by law or only an advice to stay inside. For some stay inside mean not go shopping, visit restaurants, meet friends etc., for others born unsocial as me it mean no individual cycling, walk/jogging even if its far distance from every human so what is the order by law?

Thanks

Felt.

Hopefully some more precise details coming out later today from the PM. If you are confused, join the club.

2 hours ago, bestie said:

People are advised to stay indoors apart from going to the supermarket, pharmacy or carrying out some other essential business such as banking or immigration and that social distancing should be practiced at all times.

I stay now indoors 99% of the time. But it's impossible to keep social distance especially if we have to go to the immigration.

I have no car so normally I have to take the minivan and motorbike taxi to drive one hour to the immigration. Last time, on the way to the immigration I counted the people which are in close contact me in the minivan. (around 30 people going in and out ONE way. ) One woman was in front sneezing and coughing.At the immigration there wasn't so much people but again we still have contact with some. So I'm ok with social distancing and to stay indoors but Im guess many people do it with the minivan, the only solution I see is to take private taxi and hope that the immigration center is not full, because it's kind of useless if you stay indoors for 3 Month and then you come with around 50- 100people on one day in contact. 

I agree. I have been isolating in my condo for 1 week, (no specific reason other than prudence). I have today been out to weekly shop at the supermarket. All precautions taken, (face masks FWIW), hand gels at s/m and in the Grab car, in and out of condo. But we still have 33 condo staff, (maids, security and management company).

Most residents have live-in maids, (who go shopping for their employers everyday, probably using public transport). I have a part time maid, but I have suspended her services since last Friday, (although I will continue to pay her in full), because I do not want to put her at risk, (using public transport), or obviously myself. Others, who have p/t maids still have them come in and out every day.

Whilst all condo facilities, (including the pool which I would dearly love to use for my daily 1200m exercise), have been closed for the forseeable, the lifts are used by all residents, maids, drivers, security etc. It has been an incremental shut down, starting with food deliveries having to be left in the lobby, and not delivered to individual units last week, but gradually a few residents have asked that facilities should be closed, but omitting to include their own personal staff, or indeed consideration that their own activities, (going to work in their offices), are just as high a risk potential.

The defence is only as strong as the weakest point. And as we know, this virus doesn't distinguish between princes and paupers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Something to seriously consider especially on  city streets is that soi dogs  generally survive on various food sources generated  by  normal daily  human business. How long before these dogs start  to suffer  real starvation and pack  fights  start and/or  menace anyone on the streets? Any  good  samaritan who feels the need to continue to go and feed may face a real problem .

They may all start to die if we are lucky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

In Phuket, the governor went one step further and requested tourists to not go outside between 5pm and midnight. 

If we could know the motivations of the governor ....
And why foreigners and not Thai people?

Where did he say it only applied to foreigners?...

"In Phuket, the governor went one step further and requested tourists to not go outside between 5pm and midnight". 

Edited by Just Weird

3 hours ago, webfact said:

large numbers of foreign tourists had been seen congregating and drinking on Patong Beach in recent evenings

Total <deleted> stupidity ... no bl@@dy wonder we get a bad name!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bestie said:

People are advised to stay indoors apart from going to the supermarket, pharmacy or carrying out some other essential business such as banking or immigration and that social distancing should be practiced at all times.

I stay now indoors 99% of the time. But it's impossible to keep social distance especially if we have to go to the immigration.

I have no car so normally I have to take the minivan and motorbike taxi to drive one hour to the immigration. Last time, on the way to the immigration I counted the people which are in close contact me in the minivan. (around 30 people going in and out ONE way. ) One woman was in front sneezing and coughing.At the immigration there wasn't so much people but again we still have contact with some. So I'm ok with social distancing and to stay indoors but Im guess many people do it with the minivan, the only solution I see is to take private taxi and hope that the immigration center is not full, because it's kind of useless if you stay indoors for 3 Month and then you come with around 50- 100people on one day in contact. 

i use grab and wear a mask, or walk.  good exercise

9 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Which? The   samaritans  or the  dogs?

The dogs obviously and no way would I wish death to a good samaritan. However I wish them bad fortune for being such idiots. By the way I am a dog lover, not just the dirty, diseased soi dogs.

• Thanks 1

might not be the best place to ask and all but.. is there some serious enforcement of this?

my friend just had her Bangkok nail salon closed for the next 17 days so I asked her if she wanted to come here near the beach during that time.

she replied "In the period of adjustment, do not go outside. if violated, will be fined 100000 baht"

her English is worse than my Thai but is that a thing?

i'll be honest, haven't read all the news about this or 6 pages but does anyone know if this is true or just hearsay.

I was thinking of paying her a taxi or getting her on a bus down

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Foreigners and locals? So everyone!

Yep. The lengths the Thai government and people go to maintaining an 'us vs. them' mentality by consistently making distinctions between Thais and foreigners is getting on all our nerves. Thailand needs a good dose of political correctness and leftist indoctrination, not this racist BS they've been getting away with for so long. The world we're heading into is going to be more multicultural, about time Thailand gets with the times instead of living in the 18th century.

I can't remember the last time any American government directive or business or just any individual made a distinction between American citizens and foreigners. It just doesn't happen.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1