From bargirls to taxi drivers to food vendors, Pattaya’s shutdown a domino-effect disaster

Rimmer

18 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Well, saving money in good times is for sure not what she likes. With 2,000 Baht for LT, lady drinks and so on, she should have much more. But that she needs 30,000 Baht per month shows where her money went. I wonder how a 7/11 employee can survive with 10,000 Baht per month.

My wife took on a job making 250 baht at a restaurant.

Even when the Thai labor law says the minimum salary must be 310 baht a day for Sisaket.

Right now, we do not the extra cash and i appreciate her part.

Unfortunately, would such a woman not do such a job.

It's always easier to look for a wealthy guy to fool him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Most of these girls had a thai boyfriend (maggot) living of them as well so now the girls go home and accept to live in issan, will the maggots go as well and go sleep every night 7pm and exist on just rice ?? Not a chance but how will he pay for the pool halls , karoke lifestyle he is used to ? ? In the west people are buying guns

Good post,this is true in many cases,then of course she probably has a couple of kids,that her parents take care of so money to them,members of the extended family asking to borrow money,which is never repaid,also clothes shoes,make up,food while in Pattaya,yes i can see where the 30,000 could go. Bet if she tries to explain to the maggot as you so well put it he gives her a beating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

I don't want to downplay the severity or repercussions of this pandemic but it is not possible to contain it one can only slow down the transmission by small amounts.  The answer is a vaccine or medical treatment not annihilating the economy.

trouble with that is that a vaccine is more than likely more than a year away, in the meantime the aim is to prevent bodies stacking up on the sidewalks..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

So she plans to head home to Korat instead of staying in “expensive” Pattaya where rent, food, transportation and other expenses require her to make at least 30,000 baht a month.

I must not know the same Pattaya as this young lady ..
I go there quite regularly and I have always found that life was not expensive at all.
30,000 baht per month for one person while we live with three people plus four dogs and four cats for less than this amount and for the same time in our village in the province of Sakon Nakhon

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

2000baht a month is the official government support package 

I can offer free accommodation drinks and food for 2000baht a month if they are interested :stoner:

But only with a valid health certificate from the US!