From bargirls to taxi drivers to food vendors, Pattaya’s shutdown a domino-effect disaster

Rimmer

27 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Percent of people infected in Chonburi province.

40/1,500,000 = 0.00003 %  

Stay safe out there friends and neighbors.

????

chonburi 3-28-2020.jpg

If this had a 100% death rate measures would be the same. WHO may get the blame after, bullying countries to copy other countries.

Macron is quiet recently, maybe he's realised it's heading countries to the rocks

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's a real eye-opener when I go back to the UK or Spain and see the food, especially meat, there. It's of far higher quality and often cheaper than in Thailand.

It must be the horse and donkey in the beef!

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, smtsetup said:

Agreed. I wish my government and all the others started printing more of their respective currencies and handing out 1 million dollars, THB, euros, whatever to each citizen, then people would be happy again. And this world would back to normal again.

You should become the new president. Ten million baht for each citizen would be okay for now. Or wait, 35 million baht sounds much better. 

1 hour ago, toenail said:

I bet the  monks at these village wats are still asking for “good merit” donations to build a new temple, walk, or statue.

I bet there are a lot of bar girls looking to make merit with one of their many ex-boyfriends right now.  ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There's a very, very long way to go before that happens:

World population: 7.7 billion

Number dead: 22.032 as of now

Number dead in Thailand: 4
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Even if the Thai figure is false, if it was very high then social media would be screaming about it.

I hope you're absolutely correct and this is nothing, but but I have to look to the facts from the folks speaking without agendas. Those facts are somewhat frightening -  and imo this is something very serious and is about to get a lot worse prior to improving. Whatever occurs I hope you and yours remain safe and healthy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If only if didn't rain every day, a bedsit didn't cost 600 pounds/month and the women wanted us, eh?

And the woman wanted your money

lets get it right mate!

no money 

no honey 

in Thailand 

17 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

And the woman wanted your money

lets get it right mate!

no money 

no honey 

in Thailand 

No money, no woman in the UK either ...... and they expect more than a thousand baht when they leave.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

In the USA, we have a guaranteed freedom of the press—and thus we get some pretty accurate numbers of the Chinese Covid-19.  How free is the press/media in Thailand?

Ahem... we're supposed to have freedom of the press. maybe some local small town newspapers and the occasional website, maybe.

If you believe anything that's on TV or most of what's on the internet you've finished off the cool-aid and need to move on to a tall refreshing glass of fluoride.

Basically there are 5 media conglomerates that own and control most everything on tv and the internet, and it's all propaganda.

I am aware of some of the well known media restrictions in thailand but have no clue of the details, or if there is a believable alt-media, or where a thai would try and source true news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

No money, no woman in the UK either ...... and they expect more than a thousand baht when they leave.

It's sad.  All the feminist nonsense and women still want a guy with a decent job.  I'll believe in equality when women with well-paid jobs pick up guys that work a minimum wage job because they're cute and have a nice personality.

"I'm a strong independent woman.  I want all the same advantages as a man has and women should not have any obligations because of their gender, that misogynistic.  Oh, but I need extra help with this because I'm just a wittle girl and the guy should always pay because it's gentlemanly.  And I need a guy that earns good money, that's just being practical."

Sorry, that may be a little off-topic...

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, Isaanbiker said:

After expenses, she said she has about 2,000 baht to her name. So she plans to head home to Korat instead of staying in “expensive” Pattaya where rent, food, transportation and other expenses require her to make at least 30,000 baht a month.

Not true. They usually rent a room with somebody else, cook food and live pretty cheap.

You forgot about 10,000 baht a month sent home to family to look after children ect ect

13 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

In the USA, we have a guaranteed freedom of the press—and thus we get some pretty accurate numbers of the Chinese Covid-19.  How free is the press/media in Thailand?

Freedom of the press CNN etc, yeah right. I wouldn't believe anything those guys said. And the UK is just as bad with the Brussels Biased Corporation.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, BritManToo said:

I consider any apartment for anyone that costs over 5,000bht/month in Thailand 'luxurious'.

There's some really nice apartments at the end of my road for 2,500bht/month (built last year).

Swimming pool/restaurant/beer bar next door (40bht for the pool, girls in Chang uniforms).

What more do you want?

One more 'sad' member removed from my sight forever ...... can't cope with sadness ...........

Interesting, not really, that a lot seems to think she living on 30k a month is exorbitant.

Unless your a farang teacher your not living on that

She works tough job for her money. Shame on her for spending it as she she's fit.

And no it won't get you a Merc or a lobster to often

On 3/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, tlandtday said:

I don't want to downplay the severity or repercussions of this pandemic but it is not possible to contain it one can only slow down the transmission by small amounts.  The answer is a vaccine or medical treatment not annihilating the economy.

Treatment doesn't exist. 

Vaccine 12 to 18 months. 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, fruitman said:

There is a medicine called chloroquine which should prevent it or so...there was an american family who tried to be smart and drank fish pond cleaner with this stuff in it but the man of the family died from that.

The medicine will be released soon i believe.

Unproven by science. It is being tested along with other potentially helpful therapies. But nothing now. 

On 3/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, fruitman said:

There is a medicine called chloroquine which should prevent it or so...there was an american family who tried to be smart and drank fish pond cleaner with this stuff in it but the man of the family died from that.

The medicine will be released soon i believe

novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), caused by infection with SARS-CoV-2, has swept across 31 provinces in China and over 40 countries worldwide. The transition from first symptoms to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is highly likely to be due to uncontrolled cytokine release. There is an urgent need to identify safe and effective drugs for treatment. Chloroquine (CQ) exhibits a promising inhibitory effect. However, the clinical use of CQ can cause severe side effects. We propose that hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), which exhibits an antiviral effect highly similar to that of CQ, could serve as a better therapeutic approach. HCQ is likely to attenuate the severe progression of COVID-19, inhibiting the cytokine storm by suppressing T cell activation. It has a safer clinical profile and is suitable for those who are pregnant. It is cheaper and more readily available in China. We herein strongly urge that clinical trials are performed to assess the preventive effects of HCQ in both disease infection and progression.

https://academic.oup.com/jac/advance-article/doi/10.1093/jac/dkaa114/5810487

Some have combined it with an antiretrovial which has caused severe medical problems.

One of my friends hit it off with a GoGo dancer from the Fahrenheit bar. She lived in the Unixx Condo development. She let him stay with her (free) when he came to Thailand.

The hottest girls can afford to live in nice Condos.

People all over the world find themselves out of cash, and needing to move, when they lose their jobs.

I've done what I can for girls here by offering them a bed for the night ????

Edited by nemo38