From bargirls to taxi drivers to food vendors, Pattaya’s shutdown a domino-effect disaster

Rimmer

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

What is it you dont grasp fella here ???  Every single existing case has to be eradicated worldwide (and perhaps even a worldwide Vaccination programme) before we're good to go

We're looking 18 months here possibly longer. You dont need to be a medic an economist or even Somchai to understand that

Every single case will never be eradicated, where did you read that.  Seasonal flus still kill over 600,000 annually worldwide.

Your timeline is possible, but no one can predict the future (AFAIK)

Appreciate your input, I just dont see the evidence you suggest as being the only outcome at this time

4 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Well, saving money in good times is for sure not what she likes. With 2,000 Baht for LT, lady drinks and so on, she should have much more. But that she needs 30,000 Baht per month shows where her money went. I wonder how a 7/11 employee can survive with 10,000 Baht per month.

For goodness sake a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes will set her back more than that.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I lived off less than that 15 years ago when i first came here

5,000 rent

800 electric 

1,000 p/w food and the rest was on booze and women

not a creed to live your life by, but it was fun at the time 

There was also a time in my life in Bangkok when I lived like that. I know it's possible.

But I also know that many farangs spend a lot more than that - and then they "complain" when Thais need more than 10k per month...

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

What is it you dont grasp fella here ???  Every single existing case has to be eradicated worldwide (and perhaps even a worldwide Vaccination programme) before we're good to go

We're looking 18 months here possibly longer. You dont need to be a medic an economist or even Somchai to understand that

Eradicating "every single existing case" is not going to happen. This virus does does not appear to be like SARS, MERS, or Ebola where it can be "contained" to that degree (and even those still pop up). A vaccination is also only a possibility. There is no guarantee that we will have one. You don't need to be a medic, economist or even a somchai to know that we will be returning to "normal" before we eradicate every single case of the Wuhan virus. The world will not "shut down" for 18 months. That would definitely be a case of "the cure being worse than the disease".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
  1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I lived off less than that 15 years ago when i first came here

5,000 rent

800 electric 

1,000 p/w food and the rest was on booze and women

not a creed to live your life by, but it was fun at the time 

But do you buy designer underwear, Jimmy Choo shoes, daily beauty treatments personal trainer, goodness they are necessary so you can hire her

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was also a time in my life in Bangkok when I lived like that. I know it's possible.

But I also know that many farangs spend a lot more than that - and then they "complain" when Thais need more than 10k per month...

yeah I know what you mean

ive known a few blokes who can’t understand why their Tilac isn’t happy about living off 10k 

it’s almost like they want to do something more than eat 3 times a day and watch basic cable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

All smarmy and supercilious snide sexist joking aside, lots of folks are getting hammered by this virus, so prayers for them all. I may be able to afford to be sitting by a swimming pool and smoking weed all day as the Four Horseman rampage, but there are folks getting hammered, so pray for them, or send them some psychic energy and hope we all get through this. Wash your hands, buy local, and forget about the diet.

Pray for them - 555.

If praying would help then that virus and lots of other bad things wouldn't exist.

Praying is obviously useless. Why do people still believe in god and pray in 2020. Amazing, not only in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

All smarmy and supercilious snide sexist joking aside, lots of folks are getting hammered by this virus, so prayers for them all. I may be able to afford to be sitting by a swimming pool and smoking weed all day as the Four Horseman rampage, but there are folks getting hammered, so pray for them, or send them some psychic energy and hope we all get through this. Wash your hands, buy local, and forget about the diet.

I'm praying for Ann the go-go dancers phone number, so I can ring and offer to help her out.

I think you need to go to Club X tonight and help out a few of those local hungry ladies.

We should all be doing our bit for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Spread those boomer pensions ...........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me too ....... but I cook all my delicious food at home for practically nothing.

Earlier this afternoon ...... shredded chicken and vegetable soup.

IMG_20200326_160426.jpg

Just this minute from my bread machine a crusty white loaf ....... and from my blender a frothy 'Baileys' cocktail.

IMG_20200326_172356.jpg

Dude thats killer. I just lazied out and ordered a Kiwi style double burger. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me too ....... but I cook all my delicious food at home for practically nothing.

Earlier this afternoon ...... shredded chicken and vegetable soup.

IMG_20200326_160426.jpg

I have to admit I didn't cook myself. And it wasn't chicken...

1.thumb.jpg.cb66332a6b615a85bb36b07c46fdeecc.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.b6f6e632b291769606268204ef4da127.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm praying for Ann the go-go dancers phone number, so I can ring and offer to help her out.

I think you need to go to Club X tonight and help out a few of those local hungry ladies.

We should all be doing our bit for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Spread those boomer pensions ...........

I know dude, my moment of overwhelming love and concern for my fellow man is over, Im back to salivating over food and chicks. I lit an incense stick, said three hail marys, davened on my knees facing Mecca, and sacrificed two cocks to Haile Selassie via his avatar Lord Hawking. All bases covered.

X Bar is closed. Siem Reap is shut down. Just ordered a fat burger, delivered of course. Then try Tinder and watch Netflix......

IMG_20200326_173643.jpg

5 hours ago, david555 said:

The sky was the limit  before, now sky fall down on them ...…(must preserve your future by planning) ,...be honest the girls where exaggerating 

"sky fall"

already a themed venue on walking street or perhaps better said, a prophecy 

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

How much did you pay for that hunk of horseflesh LOL.

Lets say it like this: With the 30k per month from the bar I would be able to buy it almost every weekday for lunch. But obviously I also want to have something for breakfast and dinner and maybe something special on the weekend. Hard times! ???? 

Just now, BritManToo said:

I've totally given up on steak in Thailand, it was never worth what I paid for it.

The chicken and the pork ......... perfectly acceptable if not really good.

I personaly think a good Thai Chicken and Thai pork is excellent. The pigs are defatted in the USA.

The pork in Cambodia isnt bad...probably because it comes from Thailand...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lets say it like this: With the 30k per month from the bar I would be able to buy it almost every weekday for lunch. But obviously I also want to have something for breakfast and dinner and maybe something special on the weekend. Hard times! ???? 

Thats not really an answer.

There are a couple of  places where I had a decent steak in the $12 range in BKK.  I had a bomb steak in Buririam too for $10. But generally, bleh.

They likely will make no money at home, adding to burden there. I'm sure there are many kind-hearted farang who would be happy to provide shelter and rice for one or more of these girls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not my country so if the govt wants to tear it up by putting huge amount of people out of work, killing jobs, bankrupting businesses, trashing the stock market, hey - up to them. I can comment but I'm getting tired of commenting the same logic over and over.

To quote a semi-heard of economic guy, "when people loose everything, they loose it".  That being in reference to their civility, self discipline, and respect for authority.

If the govt keeps this country and economy on lock-down for more than a few weeks they will have a angry mobs to deal with, and rightfully so.

Not my country so all I could do is cheer them on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pravda said:

I am confused by the OP.

I thought Pattaya was a family resort and all I read in this article is about some hooker trying to make ends meat.

Indeed! I'm so upset! We were planning a family holiday with kids, but we might cancel that. 

Is it not true that Pattaya is the world's famous family resort without prostitutes?

Let's got to Mallorca then. Lol 

• Like 1