Flights leaving Thailand

superal

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I'm living in Thailand long term but have friends in Perth. I'm not going anywhere and I'm no worrier,either. 

If I was retired I would have stayed in Thailand as well without a second thought. I could have retired many years ago but choose to work.

The international travel restrictions made it unviable to be  based in Thailand for the time being.

We will be back.

Edited by emptypockets

32 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I'm 64 . How old are you?  No bars in the village we live in, in Isaan. Sorry to disappoint you. No health issues for me. Took my family (wife only. I wasn't that stupid to have kids in middle age. I had a vasectomy when it became clear I was entering a relationship......there's that personal responsibility thing again old mate)

There's a few black cockys around, noisy sods, but the parrots are really colourful.

Anything else needs clarification?

Happy to help.

I got more than 10yrs on you then, guess that explains a lot with your youthful exuberance ! I,ll skip the bit about your problem with parenting.

Ps Bars are closed here now, so I’m safely at home too!

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I got more than 10yrs on you then, guess that explains a lot with your youthful exuberance ! I,ll skip the bit about your problem with parenting.

Ps Bars are closed here now, so I’m safely at home too!

My two kids and five grandkids don't seem to have a problem with my parenting skills. What ages are your Thai kids?

10 years makes you 74..really...good onya digger. Just goes to show wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.

Edited by emptypockets
Autofarkenspell fixed
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, BritManToo said:

Unless your country is offering to repatriate you with a government provided flight, I'd say stay put.

Maybe it's time out governments offered a few military aircraft home.

Agreed, but these flights are for the bona fide tourists who genuinely don't want to be here. Any long term 'tourist' who thought they could tough it out with border runs and has found that carpet whipped away from under them, or anyone belatedly getting cold feet, they can carry on with getting extensions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, gearbox said:

You need to check first this...there are almost no direct flights to Australia so it is important you don't book a ticket via transit airport you are not allowed to pass through:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

I think it is currently OK to go via South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines, but that can change any day.

If you are serious of going back, pack your bags and get a hotel close to Swampy, then every day go to the airline's counters and make them check if any available flight is proceeding before you pay. Don't book a flight more than 1-2 days ahead, as there is a very good chance it may get cancelled or transit restrictions imposed.

You are in way better position than me, all flights from/to India are stopped until April 14th.

I think it’s probably better just to sit tight and safe and wait for any news from the Embassy about repatriation flights, they will be able to ensure you get onto the plane, cost or no cost is less important. I had 3 different flights cancelled with 3 different airlines so not going down that path again

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Agreed, but these flights are for the bona fide tourists who genuinely don't want to be here. Any long term 'tourist' who thought they could tough it out with border runs and has found that carpet whipped away from under them, or anyone belatedly getting cold feet, they can carry on with getting extensions.

So your the Oz gov advisor now? Interesting theory, your forgetting one small thing tho. Need any help?

21 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

If I was retired I would have stayed in Thailand as well without a second thought. I could have retired many years ago but choose to work.

The international travel restrictions made it unviable to be  based in Thailand for the time being.

We will be back.

I did the opposite, I retired early. At the moment imo everything is about where people are staying. Some places are dead with no people outside and other places are "almost" as before. They closed the local market for a 2 days cleaning/spraying operation. Other than that it's pretty ok. I have cold beer in the fridge and the pool is open. It could be worse.???? 

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Most of the people applying for 30 days extensions at the moment are not the ones doing endless border runs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I did the opposite, I retired early. At the moment imo everything is about where people are staying. Some places are dead with no people outside and other places are "almost" as before. They closed the local market for a 2 days cleaning/spraying operation. Other than that it's pretty ok. I have cold beer in the fridge and the pool is open. It could be worse.???? 

On Monday it was situation normal in the village and at Lotus in the town. Quite a few people wearing masks , me included, just to fit in. Did see one lady do a U turn in an aisle in Lotus when she saw me. Maybe I was being paranoid.

The pool was closed. Mind you it was an 8 by 4 blow up for the grandkids and I didn't have a pump!!

Big difference in Australia. The fear is palpable , probably due to the incessant messaging about the virus. Might be a good thing overall but a bit of a culture shock.

21 minutes ago, 0zr0cks said:

I think it’s probably better just to sit tight and safe and wait for any news from the Embassy about repatriation flights, they will be able to ensure you get onto the plane, cost or no cost is less important. I had 3 different flights cancelled with 3 different airlines so not going down that path again

I wish I could be in Thailand. I was planning a kayak trip to the Ang Thong islands for 3-4 weeks in July/August, sleeping in a tent on uninhabited beaches. Now is the ideal time to do this. Instead I'm grounded in India where all flights are suspended until April 14th.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I wish I could be in Thailand. I was planning a kayak trip to the Ang Thong islands for 3-4 weeks in July/August, sleeping in a tent on uninhabited beaches. Now is the ideal time to do this. Instead I'm grounded in India where all flights are suspended until April 14th.

I guess you know about the requirements to enter Thailand at the moment.

16 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

My two kids and five grandkids don't seem to have a problem with my parenting skills. What ages are your Thai kids?

10 years makes you 74..really...good onya digger. Just goes to show wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.

Your right about wisdom, just think your getting dummer as each year goes by! My Thai kid is 52 ,thanks for asking As we are trying to stay on topic I take it, the purpose of all of this is stay away from the virus or remain safe from it wherever you are. My bets on Aus being badly hit, hope your ok of course! Must be time you staggered off to barbie that TBone for the wife,I’m off to 7/11 for a few beers with the mates!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your right about wisdom, just think your getting dummer as each year goes by! My Thai kid is 52 ,thanks for asking As we are trying to stay on topic I take it, the purpose of all of this is stay away from the virus or remain safe from it wherever you are. My bets on Aus being badly hit, hope your ok of course! Must be time you staggered off to barbie that TBone for the wife,I’m off to 7/11 for a few beers with the mates!

Whatever. The people who write the substantial paycheck seem happy enough. 

Pay more attention. The topic is flights leaving Thailand. Nothing to do with the virus at all.

Oldtimers disease setting in?

Are you actually in Thailand? I've yet to meet a Thai who will eat beef.

Yep, if you leave now you should get to 7/11 by  the 5 pm opening time. Enjoy the Leo on the steps. Living the dream.

Edited by emptypockets

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Most of the people applying for 30 days extensions at the moment are not the ones doing endless border runs. 

Yes, and if they are real tourists, they get first dibs at a comfy seat on an Air Force plane going home to blighty.

The clue is if they have a Thai bank account, car, motorbike, condo, girlfriend or a washing machine, they aint a tourist. You know the ones. They've been filling up the forum for the best part of a year now with their 'What does this red stamp I got from Penang mean?' or 'Avoid the female IO's at Don Muang' or 'How long before they move me to IDC?' threads.

There's bloody thousands of 'em.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Whatever. The people who write the substantial paycheck seem happy enough. 

Pay more attention. The topic is flights leaving Thailand. Nothing to do with the virus at all.

Oldtimers disease setting in?

Are you actually in Thailand? I've yet to meet a Thai who will eat beef.

Yep, if you leave now you should get to 7/11 by  the 5 pm opening time. Enjoy the Leo on the steps. Living the dream.

Some folks just can,t resist a gimme! Come in spinner comes to mind! ????

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, and if they are real tourists, they get first dibs at a comfy seat on an Air Force plane going home to blighty.

The clue is if they have a Thai bank account, car, motorbike, condo, girlfriend or a washing machine, they aint a tourist. You know the ones. They've been filling up the forum for the best part of a year now with their 'What does this red stamp I got from Penang mean?' or 'Avoid the female IO's at Don Muang' or 'How long before they move me to IDC?' threads.

There's bloody thousands of 'em.

Bloody foreigners......................kick em all out is what I say

To interrupt the Ozzie love in /mickey take ????

To the OP - there will definitely be one extra seat on the Thai Airways flight on Sunday am (check-in late saturday night) as I have just cancelled my visit to the UK.

Fair play to Thai Airways - they extended my original ticket until mid-December.

RAZZ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, BritManToo said:

Unless your country is offering to repatriate you with a government provided flight, I'd say stay put.

Maybe it's time out governments offered a few military aircraft home.

Lancaster departing Don Mueang  for Brize Norton ,  on April 1.

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1