Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

yes. They need to address the "if possibve" part to ensure it is possible.

You would have hoped, under the current circumstance, that central Immigration would have sent out an order to all offices to get them onboard with the online reporting system.

But, this is Thailand, and Immigration is Immigration, and given that, until/unless we start to hear any indication of changes, I tend to doubt very much that any of that will happen.

• Like 1

For those in Jomtien,  I wouldnt even bother attending, now have three tents in the car park and packed to the rims, heaven knows what its like inside as queueing on the steps....what's the max fine for no 90 day 2k?....not only that an agent will do it for a few hundred baht, although I've seen one now charging 1,000. Health is more important. Think of your family, small price to pay.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

have tried to do 90days at Rayong on line however the website listed 

www.rayongimmigration.go.th does not appear to be reachable comes up as no IPS and no server available.

Site is accessible for me. Am able to get as far as the 'filling in data ' page for 90 day. Also able to download forms so site appears to be working ok (for me).(using Firefox)

I did mine online about 1 month ago, no problem. 

Fill in the report/form completely, and BE SURE TO INCLUDE the alphanumeric code (just below the bar code) on your TM6 Departure Card. 

I recall trying to 90 day report online (in the past) without the TM6 code, and it failed. 

Good Luck with it, mates! 

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now, immigration is asking foreigners, if possible, to submit their 90 day report online or by post, rather than visiting immigration offices in person. 

The news comes as immigration opened a new location in Bangkok for foreigners to extend their visas. 

As if there were only Bangkok in Thailand.

I will be going to Sakon Nakhon Immigration in person in a few days;
I will arrive at H + 10 minutes and I'll go back to my pickup 2 minutes later ... as usual;
Obviously I will not forget to wear my mask, but not that of Zorro ...:crazy:

My IO is a small provincial office with seats for about 30 people. I go when they open early in the morning, no farang there and get seen to straight away, 90 day report takes about 5 minutes from walking in to walking out so that's what I will be doing in two weeks time.

11 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

Site is accessible for me. Am able to get as far as the 'filling in data ' page for 90 day. Also able to download forms so site appears to be working ok (for me).(using Firefox)

Maybe I will try it on my laptop later 

56 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, I just did mine online, but a couple of friends of mine couldn’t. It just wouldn’t work. Now might be a good time to suspend this nonsensical practice. 

Who needs to risk contracting or passing on this virus so they can confirm with someone else that they still live at the same address? How about, “if I move, I’ll tell you”. 

Thanks for your post !

I do not think that it is really necessary for people who live in Thailand for a long time already and own a house or condo , to just confirm that they still live at the same address every 90 days ... in case they change their address , report it to immigration , ok .

But like this , it is only good for making everybody feel bad . Online still does not work for me , tried everything and different browsers , but only a waste of time ...

• Like 1

I've tried a couple times over the years and online never worked for me. I tried firefox, chrome, internet explorer, the android application but I always get the same message "For further information regarding The 90-day...."

I always end up having to do it in person, fortunately I work for a BOI company so I can do my paperwork at the One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permit where there's almost no queue and stranded tourists can't go.

• Like 1

Phuket has a drive-through booth for 90 day reporting and it works well but it's probably the only one in the country.

I was fortunate enough to do mine in two minutes a week and a half ago, before the sh!t started to hit the fan.

It is dreadful the processes that tourists and expats are having to go through at the moment. Other countries do not have such stupid systems in place and Thai citizens stuck in the UK can email for an extension until 31st May, free of charge, no questions asked.

I don't need to go near the Immigration Office for a while, though my driving licence expires fairly soon and I suppose Ill have to get the equally pointless certificate of residence to go alongside the TM 30 and the 90 day slip in the passport.

I really feel for anyone that has to visit those offices right now.

• Like 2