Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

For anyone who last entered Thailand "before" 1 Jan 2013 and never left....OR, has renewed their passport since last entering then the 90 day online reporting system probably won't work as the person will not be in that online database that's really separate from the master 90 day database.   That's my situation since I last entered in 2008 and have also renewed my passport since that entry.....the online 90 day reporting system never worked for me and I tried many times over years. 

Instead, I report my mail to CW.   Works fine....been doing it for years....I get the 90 day report receipt back approx 10 days after mailing in the report.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

There can be various reasons, AFAIK, why the online reporting system doesn't work for various people...

1. Your local Immigration office isn't accepting online reports period.

2. You have not done a new foreign entry into Thailand in recent years.

3. You have a new passport number that hasn't been previously reported.

4. there's some problem with your browser/computer setup...

The online system works, UNLESS you happen to fall into one of the various holes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

For anyone who last entered Thailand "before" 1 Jan 2013 and never left....OR, has renewed their passport since last entering then the 90 day online reporting system probably won't work as the person will not be in that online database that's really separate from the master 90 day database.   That's my situation since I last entered in 2008 and have also renewed my passport since that entry.....the online 90 day reporting system never worked for me and I tried many times over years. 

Instead, I report my mail to CW.   Works fine....been doing it for years....I get the 90 day report receipt back approx 10 days after mailing in the report.

Yes correct, anyone (as in my case) who has renewed their passport must leave and then re-enter the Kingdom before you can use the on-line 90 day renewal. Using an agent seems the way forward in these troubled times.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

The online application doesn't work for everybody (including myself) with IE.

Why they dont hire 3/4 good devs to do an android/ios app that scan the QR code of the past 90 days slip ? That's only a one week job maximum.

You probably know it already, but there's an Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=en

Everything needs to be type through. The website used to work for me, until I had to change my visa to Non-B. The app is always working for me. I used to do app + post, but I'm now (naively?) confident in the app, so I don't do the post method anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickyr55 said:

have tried to do 90days at Rayong on line however the website listed 

www.rayongimmigration.go.th does not appear to be reachable comes up as no IPS and no server available.

You weren't missing much - this ex-website was all only in Thai anyway!

But, maintaining the Rayong theme in the context of this topic, you and other Rayongites who might be tempted to have a go with the snail mail method should be warned that the Immigration Office's local post office in Maptaput are probably one of the most brazenly incompetent in the whole of Thailand. Last time I used the snail mail option it took them all of 9 days to finally deliver my 90-day report sent by EMS after receiving it from the Sri Racha sorting office! Since then I've used the online method - with, thankfully, none of the access problems which many others on here appear to have experienced!

EDIT - have just seen your recent posts on another ongoing 90-day thread and ubonjoe's link to a new website which, surprise, surprise, is IN ENGLISH!!

Edited by OJAS

33 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Phuket has a drive-through booth for 90 day reporting and it works well but it's probably the only one in the country.

I was fortunate enough to do mine in two minutes a week and a half ago, before the sh!t started to hit the fan.

It is dreadful the processes that tourists and expats are having to go through at the moment. Other countries do not have such stupid systems in place and Thai citizens stuck in the UK can email for an extension until 31st May, free of charge, no questions asked.

I don't need to go near the Immigration Office for a while, though my driving licence expires fairly soon and I suppose Ill have to get the equally pointless certificate of residence to go alongside the TM 30 and the 90 day slip in the passport.

I really feel for anyone that has to visit those offices right now.

Spare a thought for those of us on an O visa. Sometime between now and 90 days time everyone of us has to leave Thailand or be overstay. But leave and .......you can’t get back in. So just when my family might need me given the troubling times, I would be stuck somewhere outside the country. Not good, not good at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Really find it hard to understand that I have to leave Thailand and return to make it possible to do 90 day online with a new passport. I have been here 8 years and have not left. They have all my details, why not enable online reporting.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dominion said:

We all know this reporting online doesn't work sometimes. Reason 1: not using internet explorer. 

Reason 2: no body knows why it doesn't work. This is going to become a <deleted> show

They took 5 years for it to almost work after totally denying that farangs could possibly be telling them the truth about it not working. My profession was in IT for 30 years so I have a clue about working and non-working systems. Last time I did it, it just sat there unacknowledged until it became late. It took 3 long phone calls to Roi Et to fix it. Those were by my Thai wife because nobody spoke English. What a shambles 90 day reporting is. 

Hey I have a yellow book, pink card, drivers license all with my address because I am married and built a home. But one government dept doesn't talk to another

Actually I am happy to do the 90 day reports if their system actually worked, But what would farangs know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dominion said:

We all know this reporting online doesn't work sometimes. Reason 1: not using internet explorer. 

Reason 2: no body knows why it doesn't work. This is going to become a <deleted> show

Over the years I've done my online reporting using IE, Firefox, Safari and Edge. They all worked perfectly well. Insistence on using IE was only relevant in the very first year.

15 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Really find it hard to understand that I have to leave Thailand and return to make it possible to do 90 day online with a new passport. I have been here 8 years and have not left. They have all my details, why not enable online reporting.

Leaving and re-entering the country is the only way to make your passport 'live'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir-Woody said:

A number of members here refer to using agencies to update immigration documentation

It would be appreciated if members could share the contacts of reputable agencies.

If your in Pattaya , Cambodia travel ‘ Nissan ‘ is he’s contact name , very helpful, same day drop off / collect . But will cost you 200 bht ... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Who needs to risk contracting or passing on this virus so they can confirm with someone else that they still live at the same address? How about, “if I move, I’ll tell you”.

Too logical !!

I've lived here 12 years at the same address, for 11 years I've reported it every 90 days... how ridiculous is that?

Online started April 2015, it worked 3 times for me then packed up, I've had to report to the office ever since.

2 hours ago, garygooner said:

We've also just heard that there's a new imm place in BK for doing 90 day reports. 

Does that mean all expats should/can go to BK for 90 day reports? Hmm, just 'half joking' there.

15 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

If your in Pattaya , Cambodia travel ‘ Nissan ‘ is he’s contact name , very helpful, same day drop off / collect . But will cost you 200 bht ... 

Thanks Howiehotspur

I am looking at Bangkok to be honest, should have clarified that in my original post DUH!

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, I just did mine online, but a couple of friends of mine couldn’t. It just wouldn’t work. Now might be a good time to suspend this nonsensical practice. 

Who needs to risk contracting or passing on this virus so they can confirm with someone else that they still live at the same address? How about, “if I move, I’ll tell you”. 

That's the same as asking a thai to wear a helmet , some will , some won't . 

2 hours ago, Dominion said:

Exactly,  I canot do it online they tell me to vivit the office....same reply for the last 3 years. If I try to register on the application, I never get the registration confirmation and log in details.  Maybe they could use someone in IT  from Myanmar, Laos Cambodia and Vietnam that have very good eVisa system. Sinpagore have arrival card online that work too.

Been doing mine through post for last 3 years.. easy, peasy... just remember to send in 1-2 weeks ahead... The PO gives you a receipt indicating it was sent so you're covered...

Edited by arend