Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There can be various reasons, AFAIK, why the online reporting system doesn't work for various people...

1. Your local Immigration office isn't accepting online reports period.

2. You have not done a new foreign entry into Thailand in recent years.

3. You have a new passport number that hasn't been previously reported.

4. there's some problem with your browser/computer setup...

The online system works, UNLESS you happen to fall into one of the various holes.

Reason 5. You need to do your 90-days report during the 15 days - 7 days window BEFORE your 90-day reporting date is due.

>> Otherwise you will get the 'Visit your immigration office' message.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Reason 5. You need to do your 90-days report during the 15 days - 7 days window BEFORE your 90-day reporting date is due.

>> Otherwise you will get the 'Visit your immigration office' message.

Yep, didn't mention that one... Hopefully, people are aware of that longstanding requirement. But then again....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Hmm, am I right in saying that some offices require proof of the '800K 3 months after' so if anyone has recently done an 800K extension the 90 day & 800K proof would just about coincide...yes/no?

No.

The 90-day report due date starts from the date (re)-entering the country < the TM-6 departure/arrival card > + 90 days (including day of arrival).

This can co-incide with the 90-day check whether your 800K are still in the bank, which is applied by a few rogue offices.

But both dates are not related.

3 hours ago, Dominion said:

We all know this reporting online doesn't work sometimes. Reason 1: not using internet explorer. 

Reason 2: no body knows why it doesn't work. This is going to become a <deleted> show

I have never been able to get this "system" to work and before others say it I am a qualified IT software developer ....its not designed to accept more than a % or a fixed number .Once that is reached it shuts down,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dominion said:

We all know this reporting online doesn't work sometimes. Reason 1: not using internet explorer. 

Reason 2: no body knows why it doesn't work. This is going to become a <deleted> show

I did mine online in January.  This time it worked with edge.  Before it would not work with it.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

Yea right ,online doesn't work down here .What about Post ? What's the difference, going in public to the post office or going to the Immigration office? is this Thai logic again ? Some bloody brainstorm ?

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

How about, “if I move, I’ll tell you”. 

This would put a lot of precious pen pushers out of a job. And then they might have to consider offering a truly productive service.

I haven't time to read all posts at the moment so this may already have been mentioned. I used to fail regularly in my attempts to complete the report online. I then heard about the internet explorer extension for chrome and since using that I have had 6 consecutive successful online reports. Do also remember the oft mentioned time window of 15 to 7 days before report due date.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Same with any online system here, they just don't work...

Rebates for electric meters done online, doesn't work.

Subsidies this Sat, 28th for freelance workers. Applications online. Not gonna work.. 

imgot mine today 2000baht  did online

last few days was to many users crouding it try about 11 in the morning maybe u beter luck  just keep trying 

6 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

have tried to do 90days at Rayong on line however the website listed 

www.rayongimmigration.go.th does not appear to be reachable comes up as no IPS and no server available.

You can only use the official website for 90 days but the line app to Rayong imm does work as my wife used to do foreigner registration through it.  My wife also has a few private numbers to call in case of advice. After seeing pictures of CW imm, CM imm I'm glad I live in Rayong and imm here isn't perfect but greatly improved from when I first lived here.

7 hours ago, Dominion said:

i know, there is an error in javascript code, which affects modern browsers more severe than internet explorer

Edited by TacoKhun

10 hours ago, Gandtee said:

They tell us to stay indoors, but then go to the post office to send our 90 day nonsense. All nonsense.????

And when the post office closes?

In Bangkok there are many courier services, Grab Express does pick-up delivery, so from central Bangkok to CW ~ 250 baht. Still need a stamp or EMS for ther eturn envelope though. I have seen third-parties, including motocy drivers, in the 90-day room at CW.

On-line (web or mobile app) worked fine for me until I got a new passport. Made one in-person 90-day report, have exited/re-entered the country. Plan to try OL again, if not post.

Seems like they could make it a bit easier during the State of Emergency - they'll have to do something in the event of a hard curfew - with a simple one page form (online, mail, email, fax, mobile) - but that may not come until a significant percentage of the IO workforce is infected.

I suspect very few higher-ups are aware of the patchwork of 90-day reporting schemes, a bit like that Pol Maj Gen Patipat Suban Na Ayudhya chap looking all confuddled during the TM30 FCC "chat" back in August 2019. He clearly was clueless, actually felt a bit sorry for him.

20 hours ago, noahvail said:

Get with the program, Bangkok! Consistency and competency are the two things that are lacking in the 90 day and visa renewal programs throughout the country.

Immigration, land office, transport office, all lack consistency, staff make up their own rules to suit them.

• Like 2

I can't do my 90 day online so instead of risking catching COVID 19 by queing at immigration I now have to risk catching it queing at the post office. Great choice. Thanks immigration. My office won't accept my postal application.

Edited by Epidemiologist Dave
More information

1 minute ago, Christie Paul said:

Indonesia has granted amnesty for all visitors and visa holders until further notice.

No fines, no costs and no harassment of visitors. 

Such civility.

I believe the UK has done so too

I was able to use the online 90 day reporting system with no problems until I switched from an extension based on retirement to the Thailand Elite visa.

Since making that change, I have never been able to get past page one.

8 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I was able to use the online 90 day reporting system with no problems until I switched from an extension based on retirement to the Thailand Elite visa.

Since making that change, I have never been able to get past page one.

Did you exit/re-enter Thailand since switching to the Elite Visa?
If not, that might be the reason (as your TM-6 entry/departure card is not yet linked to the new Visa).

9 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I assume you left and re-entered the country to have the visa issued on entry since immigration cannot do a new entry after issuing the PE visa if you have an extension of stay.

Are you using the new TM6 number when completing page one of the application for online reporting? If yes it could be an error done when entering the country that causes the system to not find your record.

22 hours ago, fourpack said:

Counted 5 white males not wearing a mask and all being asked to put one on or leave.

Some ignorants still think they are wiser (masks are useless) and can ignore the rules.

When in Rome do like the Romans do.

Thanks for the report.

A mate is rolling the dice, go in person or postal mail for 90 day report.

Edited by KhunBENQ

37 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some ignorants still think they are wiser (masks are useless) and can ignore the rules.

When in Rome do like the Romans do.

Thanks for the report.

A mate is rolling the dice, go in person or postal mail for 90 day report.

If Khon Kaen do it on line works for me online for khon kaen