Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

42 minutes ago, sa2014 said:

I'm submitting mine online just now... hopefully it'll get approved next week. Not to keen on rushing to Pattaya Immigration Office when the exemption is lifted up...

When the emergency ends there will be a grace period to do them. So no need to worry about rushing to do the report.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a feel for the meaning of " ...within the specified period." in the red box above?

My guess is that, once the emergency decree is lifted, and/or "... the situation is resolved and returns to normal...", that those who had to file a 90-day report will be given some time period (1 day? 15 days? 30 days?) to file a TM47? Wonder if that applies to all forms of reporting? in-person, mobile app, web?

And can one report during the interegnum?

2 hours ago, sa2014 said:

I'm submitting mine online just now... hopefully it'll get approved next week. Not to keen on rushing to Pattaya Immigration Office when the exemption is lifted up...

Ummmm... this is odd, but i got email approval and the website confirmed that my 90-day notification has been approved... 30 minutes after i submitted....

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sa2014 said:

Ummmm... this is odd, but i got email approval and the website confirmed that my 90-day notification has been approved... 30 minutes after i submitted....

The range on the approval time ranges from instantaneous, to minutes, hours, a day, a few days, to never.

The instantaneous, or "within a few minutes", seems like a more recent occurrence. This is based on the experiences posted here over the last few years. No clue how that works? Maybe based on your location/office, and a complete submittal which matches the previous report, those applications are simply/automatically/instantaneously "approved".

For me (CW), it always seemed like my application required human review and approval. On one "rejection" the ADMIN msg said "add full name" - I had omitted my middle name as on all previously successful online (web) appications. I edited it, resubmitted it and received Approval in less than 5 minutes.

90 day reporting by post.

My retirement extension was issued in Phuket.  I am currently at my girlfriend's home in Nongkhai. I came here before the lockdown in Phuket.  i did not report my local address in Nongkhai to Immigration.  Local officials and police know I am here.

Can I send my 90 day reporting documents by post from Nongkhai and have my copy of the TM47 be sent to Phuket where I live.

PS: I cannot do my 90 day report online.

30 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

My retirement extension was issued in Phuket.  I am currently at my girlfriend's home in Nongkhai. I came here before the lockdown in Phuket.  i did not report my local address in Nongkhai to Immigration.  Local officials and police know I am here.

Can I send my 90 day reporting documents by post from Nongkhai and have my copy of the TM47 be sent to Phuket where I live.

You do not have to do 90 day reports until the emergency decree ends.

There is a ministerial order issued this week stating they do not need to be done.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

I know that i do not have to report until emergency decree ends.

They may not happen for several months and they will probably give additional time for people to do their reports.

3 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

90 day reporting by post.

PS: I cannot do my 90 day report online.

why cant you submit it online?

I just submitted my  Khmer gf's 90 day report online ( she is on a L-A non O visa) this morning an it was accepted an is now pending

you can do it 15 days before right up to the day its due.

no reason to wait till later..

Decree or not

Edited by phuketrichard

42 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

My question is still after everything can I still do a 90 day report by post from Ñongkhai and have my copy of the TM 47 sent to Phuket where I live even though i am staying 2 or 3 months in Nongkhai.

You could if you wanted to.

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:49 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was going to say...aren't there still some provincial Immigration Offices that, at least in the past, have simply refused to accept online 90-day reporting?

I went to Mukdahan office a month ago. ( No one else there. )

Had my Thai wife with me.

We talked for a long time, but they did not take my 90 days reporting.

They told me I did not need to do that under the exemption.

( My permit ion to stay' has run out a long time ago.)

19 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

The 90-days report should be the least of your worries.  It's not required during the Amnesty, and if you didn't do it in 'normal' times the fine is max 2.000 THB without any other consequences.

That your permission to stay expired already and that Amnesty will be over 1 month from now, should be of bigger concern to you (if you plan to stay in Thailand).

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The 90-days report should be the least of your worries.  It's not required during the Amnesty, and if you didn't do it in 'normal' times the fine is max 2.000 THB without any other consequences.

That your permission to stay expired already and that Amnesty will be over 1 month from now, should be of bigger concern to you (if you plan to stay in Thailand).

Yes.. You are right, and it is the least of my worries.

I am on a non O. and been going to Lao every 3 month for a few hours to ger 90 days more.

I can get 2 md. extension from when the Amnesty ends.

My problem is to get 400.000 Bht. in the bank before I get that extension for it to have ben there the last 2 md.

In order to get 12 md. stay after the 2 md. extension. 

Yes.. I want to stay with my wife in Thailand.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, JohnOFphon said:

Submitted my on-line report Friday last week. Been pending since then.

This morning..Thursdays..It was approved.

Go figure. 

At least it's done.

In the past I've found that submitting online, or the app when it worked before, earlier in the day, and not on a Friday usually gets a quick response, (this is to CW). It's not an exact science. I'm about to do another one, so I might eat these words... 

29 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

My problem is to get 400.000 Bht. in the bank before I get that extension for it to have ben there the last 2 md.

If you can't manage the 400k, then if your over 50 you can use an agent and obtain extension based on retirement.

If your under 50 you could still use agent to cover financials, just more expensive.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Yes.. You are right, and it is the least of my worries.

I am on a non O. and been going to Lao every 3 month for a few hours to get 90 days more.

I can get 2 md. extension from when the Amnesty ends.

In order to get 12 md. stay after the 2 md. extension. 

Yes.. I want to stay with my wife in Thailand.

Yes, what you describe is the legit way to stay long-term in Thailand based on your original ME Non Imm O marriage Visa. 

Since you will not be able to season the 400K for two months before the end of the Amnesty, you would need to apply at the end of the Amnesty for the 60-day extension of stay that you did not use yet, and you would need to make sure that PRIOR to applying for that 60-day extension of stay that you already transferred 400K to your personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) so that it is seasoned for at least TWO months on the date of application for your 1-year extension of stay.

If you did not do so already, I strongly recommend you to enquire at your local Mukdahan IO whether they would be OK with

a) You applying for the 60-day extension of stay at the end of the Amnesty;

b) And more importantly whether they would be OK with you using that 60-day permission to stay as spring-board for your 1-year extension of stay application (and confirm that TWO months of seasoning of your 400K would be accepted).

>> The above is 'regular' IO practice and should be OK, but we are currently in crazy Amnesty times and many IOs are confused about how to handle such applications (with reports of applicants being refused their application because of bogus Amnesty interpretations by their local IO).

Edited by Peter Denis

3 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

I did my 90 days at Jomtien today. In and out in under a minute and a nice smile from the lady officer.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 3:32 PM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, what you describe is the legit way to stay long-term in Thailand based on your original ME Non Imm O marriage Visa. 

Since you will not be able to season the 400K for two months before the end of the Amnesty, you would need to apply at the end of the Amnesty for the 60-day extension of stay that you did not use yet, and you would need to make sure that PRIOR to applying for that 60-day extension of stay that you already transferred 400K to your personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) so that it is seasoned for at least TWO months on the date of application for your 1-year extension of stay.

If you did not do so already, I strongly recommend you to enquire at your local Mukdahan IO whether they would be OK with

a) You applying for the 60-day extension of stay at the end of the Amnesty;

b) And more importantly whether they would be OK with you using that 60-day permission to stay as spring-board for your 1-year extension of stay application (and confirm that TWO months of seasoning of your 400K would be accepted).

>> The above is 'regular' IO practice and should be OK, but we are currently in crazy Amnesty times and many IOs are confused about how to handle such applications (with reports of applicants being refused their application because of bogus Amnesty interpretations by their local IO).

Thank you Peter..
Yes I have already talked with the IO. It was in fact them self that told me I can get the 2 md. I haven't used, and use that to season 400.00. So all that should be OK. (They are in fact very friendly and helpful at Mukdahan IO)

I also do have a bank account in my name.

The reason I have not done it already, is that I still tray to find a way to get the 400k. IO also told me that I can use the 400k, after I get my 12 md. stay.

If I can not do that, I will have to try to get an agent either to obtain an extension based on retirement (I am well over 50), or to cover the 400k. as Jack suggest.

17 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

IO also told me that I can use the 400k, after I get my 12 md. stay.

Yes indeed. Sounds like you have helpful immigration office. 

Just get that 400k in account at all costs. 

After you obtain your annual extension you can withdraw or just use it to live off.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Thank you Peter..
Yes I have already talked with the IO. It was in fact them self that told me I can get the 2 md. I haven't used, and use that to season 400.00. So all that should be OK. (They are in fact very friendly and helpful at Mukdahan IO)

I also do have a bank account in my name.

The reason I have not done it already, is that I still tray to find a way to get the 400k. IO also told me that I can use the 400k, after I get my 12 md. stay.

If I can not do that, I will have to try to get an agent either to obtain an extension based on retirement (I am well over 50), or to cover the 400k. as Jack suggest.

Hi Jorgen,

Yes indeed, you only need to have 400K for two months seasoned at the moment of application, and then you need to leave the 400K there during the 3-4 weeks under consideration period.  But once you got the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport, you are free to use those 400K as you please.  And would only need to top up again to 400K two months before the date of application for your NEXT 1-year extension of stay.

So in your case it is just a matter of getting hold of 400K for a period of max 3 months (2 months before date of application and 3-4 weeks after that date until you get approval stamp).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1