Face mask may not work with a beard or moustache

silver sea

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Also the WHO saying that your are contagious during the incubatient period and before showing symptoms. Basically putting a mask on when showing symptoms, is already too late. 

Very odd advise. 

You seem not to understand the transmission vectors. If you aren’t coughing or sneezing the mask will not reduce the transmission risk. (Unless you spray saliva when you talk and that is just gross and you should wear a mask permanently ???? )

if you are asymptomatic the virus is in your sweat, so on your hands. Masks do nothing to stop transmission to and from objects.

The only way they protect you is reminding you not to touch your face.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats missing the whole point... this ‘do masks help’ debate has approached the issue from the wrong angle and is playing into the hands of the selfish and those lacking in any intelligent discretion.

Don’t consider a mask as protecting yourself. Consider it as protecting others... i.e. like a shield preventing your exhaled breath and aerosol from travelling far from your body... (especially if you cough or sneeze).

Of course, Masks alone are not the answer, the are an ingredient, contributing to an aggregate response which we hope will work. 

What we do know - those who ignore some or all of the recommended measures are contributing to the problem.

Masks dont protect others 100% either.

Ofcourse everyone should still wear them. 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your quotes are just selectively confirming your bias...  because its ‘out there’ (in the media) it doesn’t mean its correct. You will be able to find an equal amount of information that highlight how the virus can survive airborne for up to 3 hours, some papers are suggesting it can survive airborne for up to 8 hours. 

Any comment on my Taiwan #'s / "facts" ??  No need to wear them masks here and one of the leaders in prevention. 

Edited by mushroomdave

On 3/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, allanos said:

I came across this, which may be the biggest protection against the virus of all:

People must not cough near you, they must cough far way.

If you hear someone coughing, you must tell them to Far Cough!

Cheers , funniest thing I have read all Phukin day.

IMGP1610.JPG

• Haha 1