BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

No drinking on Phuket beaches, order officials

1 hour ago, bluedoc said:

What is a farang or fallang. Is it attributed to skin colour or just foreigners?

Both, foreigner with white skin, but the background of the use of "farang" is old and originates to medieval era, used for the ancient German tribe the "Franks". We are often told that the word originates from khmer and the old time French visitors, "farancee", and in general used about all Caucasians – I've also read that multiple times – but I was corrected not that long ago...🤨

As another poster said "Google is your friend", I will add that Wikipedia might be an even better friend, you can read about "farang" here...🙂

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The party is over...:whistling:

Which is a good thing.

Stay the F at home.

Or experience Prayut's curfew in less than a week. And then everybody can complain about that as well.

Edited by rasmus5150
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Both, foreigner with white skin, but the background of the use of "farang" is old and originates to medieval era, used for the ancient German tribe the "Franks". We are often told that the word originates from khmer and the old time French visitors, "farancee", and in general used about all Caucasians – I've also read that multiple times – but I was corrected not that long ago...🤨

As another poster said "Google is your friend", I will add that Wikipedia might be an even better friend, you can read about "farang" here...🙂

I did. Very enlightening and to some extent takes away the derisive nature of the term, to be franc.😉

Now is the time to check the existing laws,

Drinking in a Public place is illegal anyway even outside 7/11

Take it home & STAY HOME

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Drinking in a Public place is illegal anyway even outside 7/11

Crikey !! I've been breaking the law for  such a long time..are you sure ?

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why:

just two nights ago and every night. 

ET4Ha0EU4AMm6Rq.jpg

ET4HaT1U0AASUgD.jpg

Exactly ! ... Thank you for posting these photos. These show exactly why officials have said what they have. Tourists, showing contempt for themselves and others by congregating during this time.

This photo mirrors/examples what I have seen on the island (I've had to go to IO for example ... took every possible precaution to stay safe (from myself and others). Look at the transmission rates and death rates in Europe and ask yourself how many of these people in the photos came her in the last 30 days from Europe?

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Google is your best friend

You're just saying that because they know you better than you know yourself. It's called data mining. Not really very friendly.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:37 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

No drinking on Phuket beaches, order officials 

And I thought that alcohol was a good cleaner/disinfected. I have been drinking very heavenly believing that.  😣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

And I thought that alcohol was a good cleaner/disinfected. I have been drinking very heavenly believing that.  😣

Me too ....

• Like 1