1st COVID 19 case reported in nong khai

jimmjam

19 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with an employee of a bar, or similar.

Could be, probably more than 1 person actually has it now in this area. 

Only 1 is confirmed. So now there will be alot of tests carried out and finding out where this person has been and been in contact with

22 hours ago, jimmjam said:

You know the 1000s of tourists that where crossing over the border daily before it was closed. 

It has up to a 2 week incubation period before effects are shown.

Ah... OK. So you maybe should have posted "I suppose it was bound to happen with the amount of tourists travelling that used to travel over the friendship bridge.

Less alarmist. Otherwise you risk the less informed member jumping in with irrelevant comments on hordes of Chinese tourists and insisting they are still being allowed into the country.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Ah... OK. So you maybe should have posted "I suppose it was bound to happen with the amount of tourists travelling that used to travel over the friendship bridge.

Less alarmist. Otherwise you risk the less informed member jumping in with irrelevant comments on hordes of Chinese tourists and insisting they are still being allowed into the country.

Very true, we are in strange times. 

I cant even believe they let everyone leave from mochit bus station last week, then after that said no one should travel from bkk.

Slowly slowly, like everything.

32 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Very true, we are in strange times. 

I cant even believe they let everyone leave from mochit bus station last week, then after that said no one should travel from bkk.

Slowly slowly, like everything.

Those 'thousands' that flooded the bus station earlier in the week were mostly the foreigners going BEYOND Thailand's borders. They announced stopping bus ticket sales AFTER they called the travel restriction under the State of Emergency which has definitely eased the mad rush to the provinces. Otherwise it would be total madness. The SRT is still unrestricted apart from probably being very busy and enforcing the face mask rule.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Those 'thousands' that flooded the bus station earlier in the week were mostly the foreigners going BEYOND Thailand's borders. They announced stopping bus ticket sales AFTER they called the travel restriction under the State of Emergency which has definitely eased the mad rush to the provinces. Otherwise it would be total madness. The SRT is still unrestricted apart from probably being very busy and enforcing the face mask rule.

It should of been stopped when the first case in bkk was reported. 

10 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

It should of been stopped when the first case in bkk was reported. 

Agreed, but hindsight is and always will be 20/20. The WHO should have made their pandemic call a LOT earlier.

I don't see any other countries that locked down after the first case.

FWIW, Vietnam that stopped visas maybe 3 weeks ago and then mandated that all arriving foreigners undergo 14-day quarantine on arrival, have just announced they will be severely reducing domestic flights. They only have 153 confirmed cases and don't have any deaths yet. Coming down harder.

Edited by NanLaew

On 3/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, jimmjam said:

You know the 1000s of tourists that where crossing over the border daily before it was closed. 

It has up to a 2 week incubation period before effects are shown.

The bridge is outside of Nong Khai 'town' so 90% + crossing the bridge do not enter the town of Nong Khai or stay overnight in Nong Khai.