EVA status

tso310

From their website. I suspect there will be an update soon. Noticed on UK news programs that they are picking up a lot of cancelled passengers from other airlines at BKK.

NEWS

Flight Changes of EVA Air/UNI Air 【Last Update : Mar. 21, 13:40 Taipei Time (GMT+8)】

Last Update : Mar. 21, 13:40 Taipei Time (GMT+8)

Customers who would like to know the latest updates according to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), please check by FLIGHT DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL CERTIFICATE with your departure date/arrival date and the flight number.

Europe and other international flights

For flight to/from Vienna

1. Flight BR61 departing from Taipei on March 21 will depart 3 hours earlier at 19:30L to Bangkok, and the flight will depart for Vienna at original departure time 02:45L. 
  2. Flight BR62 departing from Vienna on March 22 will be changed to BR66, and originally scheduled via Bangkok to Taipei will be changed to Taipei directly with original departure time 18:25L. 
  3. From 3/22 to the end of April, the Taipei-Vienna route will be temporarily cancelled.

For flight to/from Amsterdam

1. Flight BR75 departing from Taipei on March 21 via Bangkok to Amsterdam is operating normally. 
  2. Flight BR76 departing from Amsterdam since March 21, originally scheduled via Bangkok to Taipei will be changed to Taipei directly with original departure time 21:30L.
  3. Flight BR75 departing from Taipei since March 22 via Bangkok to Amsterdam, there will no passengers on the sector from Taipei to Bangkok.

For flight to/from London

1. Flight BR67 departing from Taipei on March 21 via Bangkok to London is operating normally.
  2. Flight BR68 departing from London since March 21, originally scheduled via Bangkok to Taipei will be changed to Taipei directly with original departure time 21:20L.
  3. Flight BR67 departing from Taipei since March 22 via Bangkok to London, there will no passengers on the sector from Taipei to Bangkok.

Our April 23rd flight back to San Francisco was cancelled on March 19th.  We filed for our refund on the 20th and the full credit for the flight (including taxes and fees) hit my wife's credit card on the 24th.  EVA is a great airline - wonderful to have a choice over UAL where they would have given one airline credit needing to be used within a year rather than cash (plus EVA still credits miles by mileage and not dollars spent). 

Edited by mudcat
left out form of credit by UAL
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mudcat said:

Our April 23rd flight back to San Francisco was cancelled on March 19th.  We filed for our refund on the 20th and the full credit for the flight (including taxes and fees) hit my wife's credit card on the 24th.  EVA is a great airline - wonderful to have a choice over UAL where they would have given one airline credit needing to be used within a year rather than cash (plus EVA still credits miles by mileage and not dollars spent). 

Glad you got you money back but how are you going to get to SF now ?

I am facing the same possibility with Eva to Seattle on the 4th of May

Latest EVA news -

Current EVA plan for LHR. My understanding is that they are actually operating on alternate days. The next flight being on 1 April then 3, 5, 7 etc. The last return to TPE via Bangkok is 1 April.

Taipei Taoyuan – Bangkok 3 weekly 777-300ER
Taipei Taoyuan – Bangkok – London Heathrow 3 weekly 777-300ER (No passenger traffic on Taipei – Bangkok sector, inbound from London operates nonstop to Taipei, instead of via Bangkok)

For North America - check with the airline because I think the Taiwan government has stop people transiting through TPE 

Taipei Taoyuan – Houston 4 weekly 777-300ER (3 weekly from 15APR20; service resumes on 08APR20)

Taipei Taoyuan – Los Angeles 3 weekly 777-300ER (5 weekly from 10APR20)
Taipei Taoyuan – New York JFK 3 weekly 777-300ER (service resumes on 08APR20)
Taipei Taoyuan – San Francisco 4 weekly 777-300ER (5 weekly from 14APR20)
Taipei Taoyuan – Seattle 3 weekly 777-300ER (4 weekly from 10APR20)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tso310 said:

I should add getting to Taipei might be problematic.

Then everyone going to the US from Thailand has a problem, since all US flights transit Taipei

Unfortunately your dates don't explain the poster above you, mudcatwho had his SF flight on April 23rd cancelled:

Taipei Taoyuan – San Francisco 4 weekly 777-300ER (5 weekly from 14APR20)

13 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Then everyone going to the US from Thailand has a problem, since all US flights transit Taipei

Unfortunately your dates don't explain the poster above you, mudcatwho had his SF flight on April 23rd cancelled:

Not all flights going to the US transit through Taipei.  South Korea, Japan which has a few locations and then Singapore

44 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

The subject of this thread is EVA Air not other airlines that fly to the USA

Absolutely Right, However you stated "Then everyone going to the US from Thailand has a problem, since all US flights transit Taipei" which left out "From Thailand, or international destinations, thru Taipei...has a problem".  This is why I answered it the way I did.

NEWS

EVA Air will suspend all international transit services via Taiwan starting from 00:00 Taipei Standard Time (GMT+8) on March 24 (Tuesday) until April 7.

In compliance with the latest instruction by Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), EVA Air will suspend all international transit services via Taiwan starting from 00:00 Taipei Standard Time (GMT+8) on March 24 (Tuesday) until April 7.

EVA is cooperating with all authorities concerned to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and will make necessary adjustments to its flight schedule based on the epidemic prevention policies and passenger demand.

For the latest information of EVA's flight schedule and related rules of ticket change or refund, passengers can visit EVA’s Coronavirus disease 2019 website at https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/2019-nCoV.html.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

Looks like EVA are now ramping back on the BKK - LHR route. Current flights days until Apr 30 are - 5 7 10 12 15 17 19 20 24 26 28. The schedule goes to 6 days a week from 1 May, Tuesdays excepting. I should add that I expect UK lockdown regulations to increase sometime in the next 10 days.

9 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Looks like EVA are now ramping back on the BKK - LHR route. Current flights days until Apr 30 are - 5 7 10 12 15 17 19 20 24 26 28. The schedule goes to 6 days a week from 1 May, Tuesdays excepting. I should add that I expect UK lockdown regulations to increase sometime in the next 10 days.

Eva are only doing refunds and flight cancellations until the end of April, my flight for the 12th may was cancelled back in feb, and changed to the 13th,  i think they will look at may later in the month, the may flights at the moment are shown at 13,000 thb ish

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Eva are only doing refunds and flight cancellations until the end of April, my flight for the 12th may was cancelled back in feb, and changed to the 13th,  i think they will look at may later in the month, the may flights at the moment are shown at 13,000 thb ish

Absolutely. LHR has closed one of its runways today. LGW is getting under 10 flights a day. 

On 3/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, holy cow cm said:

Take a United flight if you must get back

Thanks, but staying in Thailand is preferable over using United on a long haul 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:49 AM, ThailandRyan said:

"From Thailand, or international destinations, thru Taipei...has a problem".  This is why I answered it the way I did.

And my statement referred to Eva, which does transit through Taipei...so if you fly Eva,  you do have a problem