New COVID-19 website launched to report official data on infections in Thailand

webfact

New COVID-19 website launched to report official data on infections in Thailand

covid.jpg

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has launched a new website to share official data on COVID-19 cases in the country.

The website is available in Thai and English and includes information about the total number of cases, those who have recovered, those receiving treatment and the fatalities as a result COVID-19.

There is also an interactive map which shows the location of infections throughout Thailand, as well as a self assessment that people use to try and determine if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.

The website can be found at: http://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-26

2 hours ago, No1Farang said:

Nothing showing in Suratthani province. And there are a few official cases.  Therefore this site is not to be trusted as accurate

Surat Thani
อัตราการเกิดโรคในรอบ 14 วัน = 7 คน
อัตราการเกิดโรคในรอบ 14 วัน คิดเป็น 0.91% ของประเทศไทย และคิดเป็น 0.67% ตั้งแต่เกิดโรคในประเทศ
ผู้ป่วยอายุเฉลี่ย 23 ปี สัญชาติไทย 6 คน และชาวต่างประเทศ 1 คน
ผู้ป่วยแบ่งเป็น ชาย 4 คน , หญิง 3 คน , ไม่ทราบ 0 คน

Translation : 14 day occurrence rate \u003d 7 people
The 14 day occurrence rate is 0.91% in Thailand and 0.67% since the disease occurred in the country.
The average age is 23 years, 6 Thai nationalities and 1 foreigner.
The patients were divided into 4 men, 3 women, 0 unknown.

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Male | Age: : 27

21/03/2020

Case : 384

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Male | Age: : 27

21/03/2020

Case : 334

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Male | Age: : 20

21/03/2020

Case : 333

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Male | Age: : 0

21/03/2020

Case : 379

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Female | Age: : 23

21/03/2020

Case : 365

Nationality : Thai | Gender : Female | Age: : 38

19/03/2020

Case : 248

Nationality : null | Gender : Female | Age: : 26

2 hours ago, No1Farang said:

Nothing showing in Suratthani province. And there are a few official cases.  Therefore this site is not to be trusted as accurate

Usual stuff, trying to look like they are doing something to look good. It’s the real data we want not lies and more lies.

2 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Thai government likes to bleat on about fake news - that website is reporting outright fake news. It claims there are only two cases in Chiang Mai - the official figure is 15 as I'm writing this. 

Yep, some of the details/stats there definitely don't look correct. And their English use is horrible... But it does include some useful info... Hopefully they'll improve it over time.... or.... maybe not.

There's some useful/helpful info in there that MoPH hadn't made directly available before, such as the lists of places where people with confirmed cases have been at various point in time.

There's also a lot of horrible English and what looks to be incorrect data on the nationalities of confirmed cases and other such stuff.

It looks like something of a work in progress, as might be expected of Thailand 0.4. But at least it's a start, IF they actually improve it and make all the data info correct.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:28 AM, No1Farang said:

This is not correct. Search for Suratthani at the map and click at it, you will get a popup with a list of Covid-19 cases.

suratthani.png

On 3/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, phuketrichard said:

41 cases in Phuket yet map shows none ;-(

You are right no number of infections shown on the map, but click at phuket and you will see a list of infections.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, bluedoc said:

Usual stuff, trying to look like they are doing something to look good. It’s the real data we want not lies and more lies.

Does not give the rate of testing, those dying at home and those dying of related illness caused by the virus like pneumonia it's just window dressing

Here are my two thoughts about the numbers from Thailand in light of the massive transmission paths and the lack of (speedy, effective, prompt, efficacious, pick one or more) action.

1. The Govt is lying.

or.

2. Something is slowing the viral transmission.

You guys can argue all you want, but its 100/40 degrees here in Siem every day and the virus is spreading hardly at all (if you beleiive their numbers, but I talk to folks on the ground). How hot is it in BKK?

4 hours ago, artiz said:

This link is by far the best Covid-19 tracking information for Thailand so far... much thanks for your post timendres. 

And I thank my staff who brought it to my attention. Interesting note. Apparently the Thai government attempted to "take over" the website, but the owner of the Thai company that built the website told them to go infect themselves.

• 4 weeks later...
I am glad that they are developing a vaccine that helps. But, the whole problem is that many simply don’t adhere to the quarantine regime and because of this we can’t calmly walk around the streets. Please stay home!)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thailand closed provincial borders in order to contain the virus and has concluded Wuflu is not as bad as Spanish flu of 1917, because they have not only lifted the restrictions on travel but encouraged it with no adverse result. An accurate assessment of Wuflu in other countries, even in places like U.K. where talking up the problem is endemic in the media , would show that foreigners are no more toxic to Thais than residents of Bangkok are to residents of Isaan.  WHO (UN) wants this scam to succeed, who else wants that? 

• 1 month later...

I doubt the official figures are correct, but I also doubt the messages of inside Thailand

One of the advantages for Thai people and some protection against COVID-19 is the social distancing and the fact that wearing face masks are not an issue. Furthermore there is the diet ... fish sauce is fermented and just like in South Korean (Kimchi) diets rich in Vitamin C (papaya salad and chilies) and fermented foods. It is also noteworthy that pork and beef are lesser eaten in the countryside than you would imagine. Normal Thai people eat it occasionally. 

Archived