Travellers being screened for Covid-19 at road checkpoints

webfact

Travellers being screened for Covid-19 at road checkpoints

By The Nation

800_e6e8303c7913d6c.png?v=1585202462

Screening for Covid-19 began on Thursday (March 26) at checkpoints on Kanchanaphisek Road.

Travellers were asked about travel history and checked for fever.

The effort is a collaboration between Highway Police Division, Tourist Police Bureau, Health Department of Bangkok and Municipal Office of Prawet district.

At the checkpoint, police use thermometer guns to check for fever. If a traveller's body temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius, Public Health officials will take them to screen for risk of Covid-19.

Police will take special care of travellers who are older than 70 years and younger than 5 years, the age groups vulnerable to the virus.

Officials have been ordered to be cautious in every procedure to lower the risk of being infected with Covid-19, and also be polite with every traveller.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384858

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-26

I travelled yesterday evening from Koh Chang to Bangkok. Did not get stopped or checked once. I arrived in Bangkok around 7.30pm to see many people in groups sitting around market food stalls eating and drinking. So much for social distancing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

I travelled yesterday evening from Koh Chang to Bangkok. Did not get stopped or checked once. I arrived in Bangkok around 7.30pm to see many people in groups sitting around market food stalls eating and drinking. So much for social distancing.

I am seeing less groups but still every soi has at least one cluster of people on benches -- side by side -- sharing plates, utensils as well as grabbing with their hands from the same dish. This behavior won't stop unless their is a total lockdown. I'm hoping somehow the majority do follow safe practices and it doesn't come to that.

21 hours ago, smedly said:

the skins surface can elevate by 5 to 6 degrees Celsius when exposed to direct sunlight. Also the skin's temperature can go up to 40 degrees Celsius when the surrounding temperature exceeds 28 degrees Celsius.

so this type of outdoor screening is flawed

The same goes for much of the testing and, consequently, the infection figures.