I want the old world back!!

patongphil

I too would like the world back as it was 2 weeks ago.  Two of us regularly ride through the mountains around here stopping for lunch about 20k south of the northen border. Yesterday the restaurant only did take outs and the coffee place next door the same , I don't want to take the food home at lunch time nor stand up to drink a cappucinno !

Another place not on the visiting list 'till who knows when.

• Like 1

Relatively; now to two weeks ago in Thailand is as stark as two weeks ago to 20 years ago in Thailand.

Anywayyy, it'll get worse before it gets better but don't reckon it'll ever be the same. Any distrust of foreigners one may have found (I haven't really) will be a lot more obvious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

I arrived back in the u.k 3 weeks ago. I'm in construction come back for nothing,  was meant to start job but due to virus its been put on hold. Wish i stayed in Thailand with the wife. All shops are running out of food, fxxxxg joke here. And to top it off ive Just eaten my last 2 eggs for breakfast ????

GFM? 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Davo369 said:

I arrived back in the u.k 3 weeks ago. I'm in construction come back for nothing,  was meant to start job but due to virus its been put on hold. Wish i stayed in Thailand with the wife. All shops are running out of food, fxxxxg joke here. And to top it off ive Just eaten my last 2 eggs for breakfast ????

Bit dramatic. Thailand will be no different. A few key items have run out fast in UK supermarkets, but only because the numpties keep overbuying. The supply chain has not changed. Get there just after they deliver, or grow some chickens. ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Bit dramatic. Thailand will be no different. A few key items have run out fast in UK supermarkets, but only because the numpties keep overbuying. The supply chain has not changed. Get there just after they deliver, or grow some chickens. ????

Yeah full of numpties 

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

We’re not going back to normal

Social distancing is here to stay for much more than a few weeks. It will upend our way of life, in some ways forever.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/615370/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing-18-months/

Its OK I dont go near dudes and am more worried about other viruses I can catch from the ladies.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Since the kids finished school 3 weeks ago, I thought I could handle being at home, because I could pop out at least 3 nights a week at the local waterhole, more if needed, but that closed on Monday, so did the other, I think I might take up parachuting, without the chute ????:coffee1:

Same here, I finished school two weeks ago and I've got the feeling that the ceiling will fall on me if I stay much longer.

All swimming pools closed, you can buy a beer and drink it at home and restaurants only sell to go.

I wish it was like last year. And nobody knows how long that will be the case. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Pinocchio, bring out the dead under your bed.
  • Like 2