I want the old world back!!

patongphil

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good time to be doing some exercise if you are capable to get yourself in shape and upping your immune system with some good food/nutrients just in case Corona does knock on your door, hopefully not.

I've somehow started some exercises as sitting around only makes you fat and stupid.

It's so boiling hot that we need to use air conditioning/.

Thanks, for reminding me to go shopping. Haven't been on my bike for two days. 

Let's not hope that this damn virus kicks us out of our shoes. 

Best Of luck from lower northeast. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I just panic bought 2 bottles of Hong Thong Rum.

Just returned from Tesco/Lotus, 1 x 1 litre bottle of Smirnoff Vodka 869 baht, 6 kilos of mandarins x 35 baht to make as juice to go into the mix, if the bottle lasts a month, I will be happy with my 30 odd baht per nip per nite, although two would be better, lets see how we go, it's way of building up the immune system ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just returned from Tesco/Lotus, 1 x 1 litre bottle of Smirnoff Vodka 869 baht, 6 kilos of mandarins x 35 baht to make as juice to go into the mix, if the bottle lasts a month, I will be happy with my 30 odd baht per nip per nite, although two would be better, lets see how we go, it's way of building up the immune system ????

80ml rum + 1 tsp red cap coffee + 2 tsp Milo + 2 tbl Carnation sweetened condensed milk + ice, all in the blender = Baileys Original (near enough), 3 glasses over ice.

Just had them ............ works out same price as yours.

Every day is Xmas for me!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

80ml rum + 1 tsp red cap coffee + 2 tsp Milo + 2 tbl Carnation sweetened condensed milk + ice, all in the blender = Baileys Original (near enough)

Which brand of Rum would you recommend ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

80ml rum + 1 tsp red cap coffee + 2 tsp Milo + 2 tbl Carnation sweetened condensed milk + ice, all in the blender = Baileys Original (near enough), 3 glasses over ice.

Just had them ............ works out same price as yours.

Every day is Xmas for me!

Lots of carbs and no vitamin C ????

Sure it takes nice though, but at what price, yeh, yeh, I know, we only live once, that's what worries me ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Which brand of Rum would you recommend ?

Hong Thong works fine for me at 250bht/700ml bottle.

It's gotta be Red Cap coffee though!

The Milo is a COVID emergency measure ..... ran out of Nestle drinking chocolate (Makro).

But for the wealthy SangSom would probably taste the same.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's a military course where I live, and I get the impression the police don't want to mess with the army. Ridiculous anyway, I play by myself starting 6.30 am.

i guess without the conjugal visits you will be playing with yourself a bit more.

Do you have a ball washer ?

• Haha 1

i will try to phrase this "delicately".   I too wish for the good old days,  when the population of the planet was about one tenth of what it is now.

Maybe today we have a lot more creature comforts.  But along with that we have sooooo many

more people that i don't want to be around .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rumak said:

i will try to phrase this "delicately".   I too wish for the good old days,  when the population of the planet was about one tenth of what it is now.

Maybe today we have a lot more creature comforts.  But along with that we have sooooo many

more people that i don't want to be around .

If you want that kind of isolation, the Australian outback is where you won't see anyone for weeks on end. Can get pretty hot, though.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Hong Thong works fine for me at 250bht/700ml bottle.

It's gotta be Red Cap coffee though!

The Milo is a COVID emergency measure ..... ran out of Nestle drinking chocolate (Makro).

But for the wealthy SangSom would probably taste the same.

Sangsom is 286 baht a bottle, that's wealthy? Bought 2 bottles yesterday as part of stocking up in the condo.

Nescafe Espresso Roast in the 15 baht tin heats up fine in the microwave. Poured into a cup first, of course.

I take my chocolate in solid form, Ritter Sport Dark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you want that kind of isolation, the Australian outback is where you won't see anyone for weeks on end. Can get pretty hot, though.

actually i don't want to have to change.   Just removing 9/10th of the population would be fine.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Sangsom is 286 baht a bottle, that's wealthy? Bought 2 bottles yesterday as part of stocking up in the condo.

Nescafe Espresso Roast in the 15 baht tin heats up fine in the microwave. Poured into a cup first, of course.

I picked up an emergency bottle of Sangsom, too.  Alcohol and tobacco will do well through this.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Since the kids finished school 3 weeks ago, I thought I could handle being at home, because I could pop out at least 3 nights a week at the local waterhole, more if needed, but that closed on Monday, so did the other, I think I might take up parachuting, without the chute ????:coffee1:

Muff diving certainly out.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That is some tasty chocolate!

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah its something called parenting. Put down the phone (my parents were turn off the TV) and go outside. Here. Have a football. First one who bleeds gets ice cream. 

Hope you and yours are OK bro!

When I was 12 years old, I was living in the Cape region of Australia. The Cape was like little Africa then, full of wildlife and the fishing was unbelievable. I was hunting wild boar at this age with a Compound Bow. Fast forward to now, friends of mine that still live in my old hometown have there own kids and these kids are still fishing and hunting. Depends hugely on the parents.

I am missing the fact of not maybe able to go to a Live Concert again for a long time. So strange to think the world has changes so much in two months. Still, I could imagine if we were at war, this would be nothing. 

I am watching Linkin Park YouTube music videos at the moment and I look at the huge crowds and miss that feeling very much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I like brewing my own too. Right now have draft cider .  4 litres of apple juice from lotus , tea spoon of yeast , yeast turns the sugar in to alc.  Old Sangsom from local off licence at 180 B a bottle , sit out side and look where the mountains were before the smog , mix with coke and ice .Sod the virus !

IMGP1107 (4).JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The has and will change folowing this, I am not sure how, but we live in interesting times.

Perhaps more kindness, perhaps less me me me, perhaps a recognition that we are all in this together.

"we are all in this together."  Now where have I heard that before? ????

7 hours ago, cms22 said:

Good point. That will be the result of this virus in Thailand.

Here is a thought for everyone, suppose the virus had started in the UK or another prominent western country instead of China. What would Thailand be like today, especially regarding westerners?

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Here is a thought for everyone, suppose the virus had started in the UK or another prominent western country instead of China. What would Thailand be like today, especially regarding westerners?

here is another thought for everyone.

If posters on thaivisa stopped asking loaded hypothetical questions designed to foment negative discussions of thailand, what would thaivisa be like?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Talk about panic buying, yesterday I saw a guy in my small town/village leaving the local Tesco mini mart with a trolley filled with bottles of water. Is there really any danger of a shortage of bottled water?

I remember watching this youtube vid of a dude with a cam out in the regional america , posted like 7 years ago.Huge stockpiles of FEMA coffins...it does make you go 'hmmm'  Those coffins may get in handy now. Might be coffin liners actually..dunno. A few variations of this vid floating around. Hopefully it's not as sinister as it may look..

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread