I want the old world back!!

patongphil

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Talk about panic buying, yesterday I saw a guy in my small town/village leaving the local Tesco mini mart with a trolley filled with bottles of water. Is there really any danger of a shortage of bottled water?

That's what I thought about petrol in the UK.

Then one day, due to a strike, there was no petrol  in petrol stations for a longish period of time until the strike was sorted out.

Of course a shortage of bottled water could happen. If the number of Covid 19 victims is such that supply is impaired, it's' possible.

Obviously it's extremely unlikely. Nevertheless a smart person would prepare to have supplies of water, that's the first thing you make sure you have.

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Talk about panic buying, yesterday I saw a guy in my small town/village leaving the local Tesco mini mart with a trolley filled with bottles of water. Is there really any danger of a shortage of bottled water?

I suppose he is making the investment of a lifetime, waiting for them to be in short supply to then on sell the water bottles at a profit.....lol, like the mask and, now the eggs, e.g. wife was offered a standard face mask for 100 baht from a nurse, they get one every day for free for personal use and this one tried to sell it for 100 baht to my Mrs, shame on you the Mrs said, why not offer it to those who don't have one, not that it is going to do them any good because it doesn't stop the virus entering it.

Then the egg lady, shortage of eggs, now 180 baht per tray, used to be 100 baht per tray, wife said to the egg lady that she felt sorry for her to have to rip customers off, and that she hoped her business went down when things come back to normal because she won't be buying eggs from her and will make sure every single person backs her, popular girl my Mrs, and watch that support come in fast because she is good friends with the mayor, that B will end up with scrambled egg on her face ! 

What is wrong with people, selfish ! ! ! 

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I suppose he is making the investment of a lifetime, waiting for them to be in short supply to then on sell the water bottles at a profit.....lol, like the mask and, now the eggs, e.g. wife was offered a standard face mask for 100 baht from a nurse, they get one every day for free for personal use and this one tried to sell it for 100 baht to my Mrs, shame on you the Mrs said, why not offer it to those who don't have one, not that it is going to do them any good because it doesn't stop the virus entering it.

Then the egg lady, shortage of eggs, now 180 baht per tray, used to be 100 baht per tray, wife said to the egg lady that she felt sorry for her to have to rip customers off, and that she hoped her business went down when things come back to normal because she won't be buying eggs from her and will make sure every single person backs her, popular girl my Mrs, and watch that support come in fast because she is good friends with the mayor, that B will end up with scrambled egg on her face ! 

What is wrong with people, selfish ! ! ! 

Excellent post, and you sure have a good wife there.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe a good price, I've done it myself many times.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If you want that kind of isolation, the Australian outback is where you won't see anyone for weeks on end. Can get pretty hot, though.

you can run but you can't hide (well enough) 

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and beard, possible text that says 'THEY'RE COMING... AND THEY KNOW YOU'RE HOME makeameme.orm'

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

I was happy until they closed the condo pool. That <deleted> me off!

Me too. If the pool has free chlorine present, no virus can survive. I swim when there is no-one else there anyway.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just returned from Tesco/Lotus, 1 x 1 litre bottle of Smirnoff Vodka 869 baht, 6 kilos of mandarins x 35 baht to make as juice to go into the mix, if the bottle lasts a month, I will be happy with my 30 odd baht per nip per nite, although two would be better, lets see how we go, it's way of building up the immune system ????

There are people on TV that would spill more than that in one evening.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Me too. If the pool has free chlorine present, no virus can survive. I swim when there is no-one else there anyway.

Strangely enough it is not just about you, granted proper pool care no virus, but they may be concerned about social distancing, and people congregating unnecessarily . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

at the tax office ?

Nope. Try again. I was never near any tax offices when I lived in the UK, why should I pay any tax when they just give a lot of it away in overseas aid?

Edited by possum1931

20 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Strangely enough it is not just about you, granted proper pool care no virus, but they may be concerned about social distancing, and people congregating unnecessarily . 

Correct, about 40 people in a pool or around it is not social distancing. It's about the Procrustean bureaucratic bed, one size fits all.

Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Obviously it's extremely unlikely. Nevertheless a smart person would prepare to have supplies of water, that's the first thing you make sure you have.

I drink the tap water, and the klong out back of the house is full (it's a bit muddy).

IMG_20200316_082041.jpg

• Like 1

Am in the UK sitting in the sun on my patio

Itching to go for a burn in the 911 Carrera waiting patiently for me in the garage. A Porker needs to be driven...and fast

Hope all TV’s are well and will remain so. Take care!

On 3/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, Davo369 said:

fxxxxg joke here. And to top it off ive Just eaten my last 2 eggs for breakfast

fxxxxg joke Joke for sure, you just ate your last two eggs YOURSELF did not even think about your wife!!

47 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

When I watch an old movie or TV program and a bunch of people are together, I catch myself thinking, "Hey, they're not practicing social distancing. Why are they all so close to each other?"

There are already movies with social distancing in them????????????????????

On 3/27/2020 at 2:24 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

I saw a pinboard with toothpicks in the hospital elevator , so can use the toothpick to push the button

How do you know someone didn't sneeze onto that pinboard when nobody else was in the lift?