BANGKOK
snoop1130

Stay home or face lockdown – supreme commander

The Supreme Cdr is the head of all the armed forces. Army, Navy & Air Force come (theoretically) under him, though I suspect (but don't know) his normal role is ceremonial & coordinating rather than operational command. (Certainly Army seems to act like a law unto itself.)

The PM has nominated him to be in charge of the Emergency law enforcement function.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

The Supreme Cdr is the head of all the armed forces. Army, Navy & Air Force come (theoretically) under him, though I suspect (but don't know) his normal role is ceremonial & coordinating rather than operational command. (Certainly Army seems to act like a law unto itself.)

The PM has nominated him to be in charge of the Emergency law enforcement function.

ELF Really?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

I'm just wondering if my hunch was right and there is a spat between the army chief and Prayut - this looks to me like the army chief has been sidelined but then I could be totally wrong ....................who knows

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

... as well as on Don Muang Tollway.

I thought both ends were in Greater Bangkok, I drive it every morning and evening.

I expect the office to go to "essential staff only" over the weekend but for now it's business as usual (with masks, social distancing and hand sanitiser). Will I need a letter or something as "essential staff"?

Sod it, if I get grief from the authorities I will just return home and "work from home".

• Like 1