Stay home or face lockdown – supreme commander

snoop1130

The Supreme Cdr is the head of all the armed forces. Army, Navy & Air Force come (theoretically) under him, though I suspect (but don't know) his normal role is ceremonial & coordinating rather than operational command. (Certainly Army seems to act like a law unto itself.)

The PM has nominated him to be in charge of the Emergency law enforcement function.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

The Supreme Cdr is the head of all the armed forces. Army, Navy & Air Force come (theoretically) under him, though I suspect (but don't know) his normal role is ceremonial & coordinating rather than operational command. (Certainly Army seems to act like a law unto itself.)

The PM has nominated him to be in charge of the Emergency law enforcement function.

ELF Really?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

I'm just wondering if my hunch was right and there is a spat between the army chief and Prayut - this looks to me like the army chief has been sidelined but then I could be totally wrong ....................who knows

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

... as well as on Don Muang Tollway.

I thought both ends were in Greater Bangkok, I drive it every morning and evening.

I expect the office to go to "essential staff only" over the weekend but for now it's business as usual (with masks, social distancing and hand sanitiser). Will I need a letter or something as "essential staff"?

Sod it, if I get grief from the authorities I will just return home and "work from home".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cooked said:

I'm 72. During my 6 K run this morning at 5 am I met, maskless, another group of five runners, not socially distancing, three farmers with cows, and a guy on a motorbike (same guy twice). This routine won't be changing soon.

Do farmers have to socially distance themselves from their cows?

58 minutes ago, smedly said:

outdoor skin surface temp reading doesn't work it will show most people outside in direct sunlight as having a high temperature of 40c or more so the screening is flawed 

Outdoor in the sun is vastly different from indoor

Good point. The happy chap at the bottom of the escalator at Big C yesterday showed me the 35 on his temperature thingmie that indicated I had borderline hypothermia.

"OK!"

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Creasy said:

Supreme commander. I thought that was Prayut or General Happy Apirat

It's all the same, they're all the Borg. They share one mind between them.

Happy Clappy, Patty myself on the backy...

Pretending not to notice is generally the kindest thing... you know how Thais feel about face and a loss thereof...

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

They cannot stop the deaths on the roads, or the smoke haze where I live so how will they stop Coronavirus

With great difficulty and a mental exertion that no 3 of them put together could muster.

But that's just a guess...

• Haha 1