Prince Charles did not jump the queue for a coronavirus test, UK says

snoop1130

Prince Charles did not jump the queue for a coronavirus test, UK says

ju.PNG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Charles looks on during a visit to the London Transport Museum, in London, Britain March 4, 2020. Victoria Jones/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain on Thursday said heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles, who has coronavirus, did not jump the queue for a test because his symptoms and condition met the criteria.

Charles, 71, tested positive for coronavirus earlier this week but is in good health and is now self-isolating at his residence in Scotland with mild symptoms along with his wife Camilla, who tested negative, his office said.

When asked why the heir to the British throne had a test while millions of frontline health workers have not, Britain’s junior health minister, Edward Argar, said: “My understanding is that his symptoms, his condition, met that criteria.”

“The Prince of Wales didn’t jump the queue,” Argar told Sky news.

According to advice on the Scotland’s National Health Service website, most people with symptoms of the virus are simply instructed to stay at home and will not be tested.

“Generally, you’ll only be tested for COVID-19 if you have a serious illness that requires admission to hospital,” the advice says.

Scotland’s Chief Medical officer said there were clinical reasons as to why the royals were tested, and a royal source said that Charles had a test because of his age and medical history, while declining to give further details.

However, on social media there was some criticism of the decision to test the royals when others had been denied testing because of a shortage.

“We wish him well, but this is a national crisis in which we all have a stake and in which we all risk losing loved ones,” campaign group Republic, which wants to abolish the monarchy, said on Twitter. “Now is the time for equal access to medicine. No exceptions.”

Charles is not thought to have seen his mother, Queen Elizabeth, 93, since he might have become infectious with the virus. She is at her Windsor Castle residence to the west of London with her husband, 98-year-old Prince Philip.

Buckingham Palace said the queen was in good health and British newspapers carried pictures of the monarch holding a phone as she held her regular weekly audience with Prime Minister Boris Johnson remotely on Wednesday.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-26
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, anterian said:

Looking at his age and complexion I would say he was high priority for a test.  

agreed, looks like he has a big problem with high blood pressure looking at the blood vessels in his face

3 hours ago, Susco said:

they only are in this position because their ancestors probably were more cold blooded

???? "If" only you really knew the Truth. ????

Genesis 4:1-2

Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, "I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD." Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks,

but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Prince Charles O- blood type - Queen Elisabeth O- blood type.  ???? 

Ramses B- Trump A- MLK AB- Mao O-

Obama AB- Truman O- Reagan B- Hitler A- Napoleon A- 

Al Capone O- John Gotti O-

All 4 Beatles - 

Combining of both Bloodlines during Columbus for this very moment in Time.

Matthew 1:1

This is the record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham

Spain + Puerto Rico - The Holy Grail.  

Ephraim { Puerto Rico } separated from Judah { Lakota Nation } Abraham 

Spain { Aragon (/ˈærəɡɒn/ or /ˈærəɡən/, Spanish and Aragonese: Aragón [aɾaˈɣon], Catalan: Aragó [əɾəˈɣo]) is an autonomous community in Spain, coextensive with the medieval Kingdom of Aragon. } David 

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

DUNE { Sorry couldn't help myself and Don't Forget This Pindar You Cold Blooded Lizards } ????????

The execution order draws the attention of the Bene Gesserit sisterhood, as Paul is tied to their centuries-long breeding program to produce a super being, the Kwisatz Haderach.

Edited by SAINT THOMAS
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Enoon said:

During the 1940 UK Blitz Buckingham Palace was bombed on 16 occasions.

The King and Queen remained in residence.

The then Queen Elizabeth (the present Queens mother) remarked:

"I am glad we have been bombed. It makes me feel I can look the East End in the face". 

Non-Brits may not be aware that the "East End" refers to a densely working class area of London, whose docks/warehouses/infrastructure (and, "collaterally", population) had been bearing the brunt of the London Blitz.

I suspect that Charles' diagnosis has done more to draw people together than push them apart.

The Queen mother was an exceptional and outstanding woman.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Thank you for your history lesson. Here's one for you, old son.

Queen Elisabeth and her son, Charles have done more for UK in their lives than possibly anyone else alive. Try googling exactly what they achieve and how much they contribute to the British economy.

Please state exactly, what you have done in your life. I would be very interested in your sour grapes theory and short history.

Im a Yank and laugh at the hoity toity and royalty. 

But, her Majesty is a pretty nice girl though she doesnt have a lot to say. She is the worlds Grandma. Like her Great Granny.

And Chuckles...hes one of those historical crown Princes that will wait forever for the old lady to kick off, and he handles it far better than his fat ancestor, Bertie.

The Royal Family of the UK is a living reminder of tradition and History. The Queen is worth the $$ she gets simply to ride in Coaches with dudes in red tunics and bearskin shakos. Parades are so cool. Look here comes the Queen and the Queens Own Hussars. Huzzah! Damn, Im standing here watching the same thing that some fishmonger watched in 1672. I bet the crowd smelled real bad back then.

I only wish the Queen would You Tube stuff, like getting on the Tube and seeing how folks react.

It would be so cool if we had Romanovs wandering around, and Hohenzollerns. At least there are Hapsburgs still in the woodpile here and there in the EU. 

GAWD SAVE THE QUEEN!

• Sad 1