U.S. envoy blames China for endangering world with coronavirus

snoop1130

57 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

It IS exactly the time to blame.  It solves the stress for billions.  People now have a place to vent.  It's NOT the time to act.

different

Oh, your entitled to your opinion !I say when the time comes go for the short hairs! But now! nah.

If you had a incident and got arrested what you gonna do yak yak the law enforcement or bite your tongue and  get a lawyer ! Safety first, wipe up this CV and make Mr. Clean proud! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Disagree. That's the meek, PC way where no-one get's to answer for their wrongs. There wouldn't be any pandemic if it weren't for their strange ways. They have to have it, I'm afraid. China has to be shown up to hopefully get them to change their ways. Hoping enough good Chinese are swayed to kick their despotic regime to the curb.

Nah ! When the time comes ,the west will remember !People here on the world news no I'm far from being PC! 

Have you ever heard of the saying ! 

"Keep your friends close but your enemy closer"!

Edited by riclag

23 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I would imagine all 350 million Americans are blaming them, plus about all of Europe and most of the rest of the world.

Let's take Africa for example....who do you think they are blaming?  tourists?  anyone with a brain blames the source. 

Today China sent help to Italy (and so did Russia, Cuba but not the EU-countries) to make them feel better but the Italians won't forget who gave them this virus...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

I agree 100%.  China has manipulated the western governments and influencers and organisations through bribery and corruption.  You think Thailand is corrupt - that aint anything on China - over centuries they have refined it into an art form and teflon coated and titanium reinforced it.  There are many many examples of where China has done things and not been 'punished' and got things they wanted, that can only explained by one thing - they have them all under control.  It is no coincidence that after China was allowed to join the World Trade Organisation, that they immediately started to use their groing wealth to their own advantage.

The only way China will be held to account is if the People demand they be punished. All those that China has control and influence over will do some token action, and let them continue with their ways.  The People should and must complain and accuse them now - the more the better.  And then when the Wuhan Covid19 virus has passed, the People must then demand action be taken - only then will Govts and Organisations do something - because they will be forced to do it.

The USA is leading the charge to have them crucified and a lot of the American People want them severely punished. IMO the best way to do that is to shut down their World Trade Status and ban all trade and tourism into and out of China for 10 years.  If they comply and agree and accept - then and only then let them back in - after 5 years partially - but only if they implement open and elections whereby the People of China elect their Government.  Sanctions worked against USSR - they eventually went broke. By allowing China to trade with us, we have supported the Communists in power and they have used that wealth we gave them to entrench their power and spread into SEAsia (such as in Thailand) - the time is right to reverse that policy. 

I agree that we have to keep China accountable for this, and they sure have to change their ways of living or are not welcome anymore in our western world.

Why do we teach our kids so many rules about hygiene and safety while at the same time chinese products arrive in our homes which are unsafe and untested...and chinese people in our countries who have no idea about hygiene or good ways to live and good manners.

This is the moment to demand a change plus they have to pay for all damage done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Clinton and others said this back in the 80s and they 'let them in'.  Tell me what if anything China has done for the world since then, except make cheap products.  Your strategy has failed - and has been failing for decades - they aint ever going to come around to our way of thinking/acting.  You have more chance to convince your mother-in-law that your wife is wrong, than to convince the elite in China that by being a part of our world and becoming powerful and wealthy, that they should also adopt our way of life and give their People freedoms and rights - those that so many in the west take for granted.

IMO you are very wrong and history shows that - this wuhan covid issue is just one of a huge line of fails by China.

There are some that are saying they deliberately let this happen as a means of damaging Trump so that he cannot continue to tear them down.  I dont believe in conspiracy theories - but I would not put that past them - they are ruthless.

Screw Clinton! I have followed some of your comments in the past . I have a lot of respect for your opinion! IMOP, now isn't the time ! My country can and will dish it back ,with the right person and scenario !

Patients my friend!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I can see you emerging into an atomic-nuked world , charred and blackened and raising your fist to the sky and saying "We won !". Last time I looked Australia has sold its soul to China more than most western countries and supplied them with a lot of the raw materials to fuel their expansion and kept the Aussie dollar high.  

You watch too many disaster movies ???? But I would love to star in one and be the last man alive - as long as Charlize Theron plays my 'love interest' and there are plenty of 'love scenes'.  ????

What the Aust Govt has done is not something you can state that I agree with because I am an Aussie - I have had this view about China since the 80s - and I am being proven correct more and more every year. 

And the Aussie dollar has been very low for over 10 years now - because it was so high that it affected our exports so the Govt acted - and as usual they over-acted and now they cant stop it falling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AussieBob18 said:

You watch too many disaster movies ???? But I would love to star in one and be the last man alive - as long as Charlize Theron plays my 'love interest' and there are plenty of 'love scenes'.  ????

What the Aust Govt has done is not something you can state that I agree with because I am an Aussie - I have had this view about China since the 80s - and I am being proven correct more and more every year. 

And the Aussie dollar has been very low for over 10 years now - because it was so high that it affected our exports so the Govt acted - and as usual they over-acted and now they cant stop it falling. 

Problem is that genie is so long out of the bottle now that addressing it means as I said earlier , probably widespread  , certainly short term economic ruin with rising prices and inflation letting rip once again. Pretty much pretty bad for everybody. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I can see you emerging into an atomic-nuked world , charred and blackened and raising your fist to the sky and saying "We won !". Last time I looked Australia has sold its soul to China more than most western countries and supplied them with a lot of the raw materials to fuel their expansion and kept the Aussie dollar high.  

There is a lot of slogan waving by the lower class in Australia "Let's bring the manufacturing back",  but they have no idea how complex is to design and manufacture today's high tech goods. A large majority of Aussies hold useless jobs which do noting to improve Australia's competitiveness. We need the Singaporean model - keep the low class face in the mud and pay a lot to people who can bring us forward like scientists and engineers. Then we have some chance to outperform the Chinese.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Screw Clinton! I have followed some of your comments in the past . I have a lot of respect for your opinion! IMOP, now isn't the time ! My country can and will dish it back ,with the right person and scenario !

Patients my friend!

Hope you are right my friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

There is a lot of slogan waving by the lower class in Australia "Let's bring the manufacturing back",  but they have no idea how complex is to design and manufacture today's high tech goods. A large majority of Aussies hold useless jobs which do noting to improve Australia's competitiveness. We need the Singaporean model - keep the low class face in the mud and pay a lot to people who can bring us forward like scientists and engineers. Then we have some chance to outperform the Chinese.

Well put we are in Jenga world and the tower had been built pretty high but it's not a pretty sight. Plus it's all robots now those jobs have gone forever. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Problem is that genie is so long out of the bottle now that addressing it means as I said earlier , probably widespread  , certainly short term economic ruin with rising prices and inflation letting rip once again. Pretty much pretty bad for everybody. 

I hear you - and that is what has happened because the west appeased them for so long.  They are like the useless and destructive brother-in-law that you have let stay in the house for too long - now very hard to get rid of him. 

Perhaps the west should then adopt the mentality of China - take the long view (decades) and not the election cycle 3-4 years.  I like that idea - but will it last - will politicians and bureaucrats with so much to lose, actually act against them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gearbox said:

You know it well - Australia is totally focussed on maintaining wealth through basic exports - mining, crops and animals. 

1 hour ago, idiot farang said:

unfortunately, except for the occasional informed individual, most people are not blaming them. The disinformation campaign, with massive support for the globalist mainsteam media, is winning the day. 

When you control the media, you control everything--- a lesson leftists learned early, whilst the rest have dithered. 

The cheap polemics you are using show the same blueprint used by rightwing news and you can hardly call Murdoch a leftist. Is it your shift now in the Breitbart factory?

Funny enough the media control and disinformation campaigns used by your idols are the same tools that China‘s regime deployed at the beginning of the outbreak. That and the lack of a free press along with wildlife trade are the things that need changing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You're quite wrong.

The EU country Germany has opened its health system to Italian patients and is treating Italian patients in its excellent health system.

Rather beats sending 834 face masks.

The EU is not only Germany, all the rest did nothing nothing and nothing....so far.

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Again, this is total nonsense.

Germany has opened its world class health system to treat Italian patients, rather more important than facemaks.

Every day European countries are helping each other by delivering much needed food supplies to each other, including supplying the UK with toilet paper which they like so much.

If you can shop in a UK supermarket, it's probably because a European truck driver brought the goods.

You don't get it now do you? The EU is loads of countries together, i even lost count...i'm also a member myself and we do nothing at all to help eachother or defend our borders. The EU is only about environment and bringing money from north to south and west to east  europe.

Edited by fruitman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, idiot farang said:

unfortunately, as some responses to this thread prove, many do not use their brains- they outsource to the mainstream media...

As some posts prove there are others who allow the void between their ears to be filled by rightwing media disinformation campaigns and scapegoating. 

perhaps try read something else:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/25/new-virus-china-covid-19-food-markets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

You don't get it now do you? The EU is loads of countries together, i even lost count...i'm also a member myself and we do nothing at all to help eachother or defend our borders. The EU is only about environment and bringing money from north to south europe.

We help each other every day by delivering much needed supply of goods.

I agree though defence of borders should be taken more seriously. Of course not much risk of anyone coming now...hahahahaha.....The Africans be like 'Okay, village not so bad'....

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

As some posts prove there are others who allow the void between their ears to be filled by rightwing media disinformation campaigns and scapegoating. 

perhaps try read something else:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/25/new-virus-china-covid-19-food-markets

I almost tuned out when that woman started by writing about her eczema rash.

But it's an excellent article.

• Confused 1