Seven Cabinet members in “high risk” groups

snoop1130

Seven Cabinet members in “high risk” groups

cabinet-conference-26.jpg

Thai Cabinet held meeting through video conferencing on March 24, 2020 (Cr.thebangkokinsight.com)

If one of the directives under the state of emergency decree is to be taken seriously, at least seven of the members of the Prayut cabinet will need to confine themselves at home.

Among them are two of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s most trusted comrades-in-arms, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, who is 74, and Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda, 71

The directive issued under the Emergency Act which takes effect starting today mandates that people who are 70 or older should not leave home to avoid exposing themselves to the coronavirus.  They are considered to be among three so-called vulnerable or high-risk groups which also include children under five and people with illnesses.

These people are encouraged to stay home and go out only when it’s necessary.  Though the decree carries penalties for violators of its directives, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngarm suggested on Wednesday that in the initial stage people will be asked for cooperation to comply with the directives.

Other Cabinet members who fall under the category include Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai, 70, Labour Minister M.R. Chatumongol Sonakul, 76, Deputy Transport Minister Thaworn Senneam, 72, Deputy Agriculture Minister Prapat Pothasuthon, 70, Deputy Education Minister Khunying Kalaya Sophonpanich, 78.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seven-cabinet-members-in-high-risk-groups/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-26

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Among them are two of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s most trusted comrades-in-arms, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, who is 74

Is it wrong of me to think what I'm thinking? Are you thinking the same? Am I a bad person for thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe I tink too mutt!