Drivers , passengers subject to new measure

snoop1130

Drivers , passengers subject to new measure

By The Nation

800_69ad464ba9a3045.jpg

Health officials and police officers in Bangna district have set up checkpoints to scan the body temperature of drivers and passengers travelling onto Sukumvit road in Bangkok. Both drivers passengers have to register before entering the capital. The measure also applies to people travelling to other provinces as a preventive step aginst the spread of Covid-19.

Full Story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384882

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-26

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Health officials and police officers in Bangna district have set up checkpoints to scan the body temperature of drivers and passengers travelling onto Sukumvit road in Bangkok. Both drivers passengers have to register before entering the capital. The measure also applies to people travelling to other provinces as a preventive step aginst the spread of Covid-19.

Are any of these checkpoints perchance actually physically anywhere near to Bangkok city limits - where the best chance of nabbing those who are planning to indulge in some inter-provincial travelling would presumably lie?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Love not carrying a smart device daily, I do have one but every time I go to use it the battery is flat so I toss it back in the drawer.... My laptop covers my needs for anything a smart device could ever offer.

Mmm. Laptops make poor GPS navigation tools, especially on a motorcycle! They also are awkward for beach photography. ????

On the other hand, when was the last time your friend butt-dialed you from his laptop? 

Still, I get your point, and you are correct. Actually I have one of each and use them both daily. Different tools have different uses. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Mmm. Laptops make poor GPS navigation tools, especially on a motorcycle! They also are awkward for beach photography. ????

On the other hand, when was the last time your friend butt-dialed you from his laptop? 

Still, I get your point, and you are correct. Actually I have one of each and use them both daily. Different tools have different uses. 

My vehicle has navigation built in from the factory and I rarely take photo's.

not sure why my friends butt and my laptop need to be in the same sentence but I assume you and your friends are into that so I'll not judge.

6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

You register on your smart phone of course, which the government assumes everyone has.  That not being the case, I have no idea what one does.

Many with smart phones, will, most likely, be unable to top up the sim cards, due to no work and no money!

Starting to sound more like China every day.  You won't need a smartphone once a gazillion surveillance cameras are up and running and relaying your picture to a central data base to check your social/medical status.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Starting to sound more like China every day.  You won't need a smartphone once a gazillion surveillance cameras are up and running and relaying your picture to a central data base to check your social/medical status.

And in what century is that likely to happen, remember this is Thailand

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

My vehicle has navigation built in from the factory and I rarely take photo's.

not sure why my friends butt and my laptop need to be in the same sentence but I assume you and your friends are into that so I'll not judge.

I guess you have never heard of butt dialing. People put their phone in the back pocket and redial a previous call when they sit down. 

Now you know. 

Glad for you about your car and impressed that you don't take photos.

I guess I'm in the minority in both cases. How sad for me. 

2 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I guess you have never heard of butt dialing. People put their phone in the back pocket and redial a previous call when they sit down. 

Sounds like a good way to break the screen on a phone, I have seen the phone in the back pocket thing... mostly done by girls.

Thinking about it now some were very cute and they can come dial my butt when ever they like.

Myself, I'll stick to finger dialing............................

But back to butt dialing, how does the butt get past the lock screen to dial a number ?

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, Burma Bill said:

Mine is a Samsung 3G and isn't smart!!

Canada stopped using 3G a few years ago but I never had one of the so-called smart phones and never will.  Most people who have them always have their heads down and not looking where they are going.  More than a few have been hit and all because they don't look where they are going and are totally unaware of the danger they are in by crossing illegally.  Such stupidity is not restricted to any specific country or not so many would die taking so-called selfies.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, OJAS said:

Are any of these checkpoints perchance actually physically anywhere near to Bangkok city limits - where the best chance of nabbing those who are planning to indulge in some inter-provincial travelling would presumably lie?

"Nabbing" them?  Since it's not illegal, just not advisable, what can they be "nabbed" for?

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

ZSounds like a good way to break the screen on a phone, I have seen the phone in the back pocket thing... mostly done by girls.

Thinking about it now some were very cute and they can come dial my butt when ever they like.

Myself, I'll stick to finger dialing............................

But back to butt dialing, how does the butt get past the lock screen to dial a number ?

I guess some people don't lock the screen. Don't really know how it happens but I've had a call from someone, talked, hung up and then seconds or minutes later I get a call back and just hear the person talking to other people unaware their phone is on. I guess it's a redial. Really, I didn't make it up. "It's a Thing" as they say now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/12/technology/personaltech/how-to-prevent-the-butt-dial.html.

I guess most people just use their fingers but it's not really challenging. I suggest you start practicing using your nose and work up (down?) to your butt. C'mon, you've got to admit it would be a cool bar trick. To make it more risqué you could even use other appendages I suppose. Cool thing for a 'truth or dare' game too. 

Edited by RocketDog
Addition