Moving Non-immigrant B visa stamp to new UK passport

I just received my new UK passport and will now need to go to the one stop service at Chamchuri Square to have my Thailand visa (non-immigrant B ) from the old passport to the new one. The visa is valid until September 2020

The visa services people at the Trendy building gave me a letter from the British embassy confirming that my passport has been renewed. I understand I need to present this along with a Transfer stamp form and copies and originals of both old and new passports at Chamchuri square

My company is insisting that I need to get the letter from the British embassy certified and stamped by them first, but no-one mentioned this at the Trendy building, nor did I find anything in an online search to support this. I have a relatively short window to get this done due to the Covid-Situation and work commitments and want to avoid wasting time either faffing around at the British embassy or equally, being turned away at the one stop place for not having everything in order

Does anyone know if I really need to get the form stamped and certified ?

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, THX1140 said:

I just received my new UK passport and will now need to go to the one stop service at Chamchuri Square to have my Thailand visa (non-immigrant B ) from the old passport to the new one. The visa is valid until September 2020

Assuming that you are referring to one of these in your passport (as appears to me to be the case judging from what you have said):

The Complete Guide To Thai Visas & Work Permits in Thailand

then you will be wasting your time in trying to get it transferred to your new passport at your local immigration office. Instead you will need to carry both passports round with you until September 2020. In which case the query which you have raised is purely academic!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Assuming that you are referring to one of these in your passport (as appears to me to be the case judging from what you have said):

The Complete Guide To Thai Visas & Work Permits in Thailand

then you will be wasting your time in trying to get it transferred to your new passport at your local immigration office. Instead you will need to carry both passports round with you until September 2020. In which case the query which you have raised is purely academic!

Yes, it is a non-immigrant B visa based on employment. Apparently the office at Chamchuri Square is still open

I had exactly the same problem as OP with a Non O visa and new passport, immigration wanted the letter certified. Look very carefully where the signature is on the embassy letter and you will see an embossed seal. It is very hard to see in normal light. My IO wanted to see a usual ink stamp cert. Perhaps your company are missing seeing it. And yes immigration moved nothing and told me to use both passport till visa expires.

3 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

I had exactly the same problem as OP with a Non O visa and new passport, immigration wanted the letter certified. Look very carefully where the signature is on the embassy letter and you will see an embossed seal. It is very hard to see in normal light. My IO wanted to see a usual ink stamp cert. Perhaps your company are missing seeing it. And yes immigration moved nothing and told me to use both passport till visa expires.

Yes, the seal is there in my document, as you say difficult to see in normal light. My HR team only had the scanned copy I sent them to go on so most likely they didn't see it.

I'm going on Monday and will report back the result in case it may be of interest to others in the same situation 

Just to complete the loop. extension of stay stamps were successfully transferred yesterday to the new passport and the letter from the Trendy building was sufficient (along with a change stamps form and copies of both old and new passports)