Jump to content
BANGKOK
Magnus Gunnarsson

Any Thai Covid Insurance for Foreigner? (no work permit, not lived here 6+ months).

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

 

Does anyone know of a Thai Covid Insurance that will cover Foreigners living in Thailand?

I am on a Non-O Marriage Visa that requires me to leave the country every 90 days. Therefore I am never here for consegutive 6 months.

And it seems that most of the Insurances that I am looking at do require me to have a work permit or that I have stayed here 6+months consecutively (Frank, Rabbit, Banks).

 

FYI: I do NOT have a work permit. And I do NOT have a global health insurance that covers Covid. I Do have the Yellow book and Thai Pink ID-Card.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why anyone would care about a work permit for insurance? How is that in any way relevant?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lust said:

I don’t understand why anyone would care about a work permit for insurance? How is that in any way relevant?

ask FRank who were  selling it and  when my Wife enquired they said  must have work permit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chazar said:

ask FRank who were  selling it and  when my Wife enquired they said  must have work permit

Well, yeah. That’s what I’m saying..


You want me to ask them for you? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dhipaya Insurance is the only one I know that doesn't have the WP requirement. Although it states 6-months minimum, maybe they won't argue about the few days outside the country every 3 months if the bulk of the 6-months has been in-country? Better to check though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lust said:

I don’t understand why anyone would care about a work permit for insurance? How is that in any way relevant?

Stops dirty farang tourists blagging on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Dhipaya Insurance is the only one I know that doesn't have the WP requirement. Although it states 6-months minimum, maybe they won't argue about the few days outside the country every 3 months if the bulk of the 6-months has been in-country? Better to check though.

Where does it state six months minimum? I bought the Dhipaya policy from the Frank website, which asked me a number of questions but nothing about length of stay in Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Where does it state six months minimum? I bought the Dhipaya policy from the Frank website, which asked me a number of questions but nothing about length of stay in Thailand.

I see it in the disclaimer now on the website but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I bought it. Anyway, I've been given an insurance number now and I believe the hospital will be paid directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...