Firestick

Walter Travolta

OK The people at ITVhub replied to my email and here is their reply

Good Afternoon Walter,

Thank you for your reply. 

Due to our broadcast and content licences, ITV Hub content can only be accessed while in the UK at this time.

There is no way to access it whilst in Thailand. 

I hope this helps explain things.

Many Thanks,

Amena 
Viewer Support 
  • Sad 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, Walter Travolta said:

OK The people at ITVhub replied to my email and here is their reply

Good Afternoon Walter,

Thank you for your reply. 

Due to our broadcast and content licences, ITV Hub content can only be accessed while in the UK at this time.

There is no way to access it whilst in Thailand. 

I hope this helps explain things.

Many Thanks,

Amena 
Viewer Support 

Then a VPN would help

9 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Thanks robblok

Do I have to buy 1 on a yearly and is it only usable in the country I am in? The reason I ask is I am in Thailand now and could move on to Vietnam before the year is out, Cheers

Hi, a VPN is not bound to a country but you can use it to pretend to be in an other country. I would read and look up first what VPN's work with your service. I mean sometimes services recognize VPN servers and then it wont work. So first read about what VPN services work with the stuff you want to see. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nzrick said:

https://www.my-expat-network.com/uk-packages

VPN dedicated to UK only for 30quid/year

Nice one thanks for that ???? I will want it on my firestick and my laptop, I have a tablet too which I dont use very often and its around 7 years old (Nexus7) so will I be able to add that to it as well?

Or is it just advisable to get it on my firestick which I can use in the laptop and any TV wherever I am? I know a guy who takes his tablet to a bar in Pattaya every weekend to watch the live games that SKY put out live in the UK so I would like that option if my Nexus 7 would be compatible to VPN
Sorry but I am as dense as humidity when it comes to tech stuff ????

Edited by Walter Travolta

On 3/26/2020 at 5:31 AM, Walter Travolta said:

I decided to attach my Firestick I used in England to my TV in my room here in Patts, there is only 1 HDMI connection but when I select HDMI after hitting SOURCE on the TV remote, nothing is happening. Just a blank black screen.

I have previously used hotel room TV's as a monitor via HDMI input from my Mac mini desktop.  Some hotel TV's are configured such that when the TV is connected to the hotel system, all other inputs are ignored.

What I normally do is disconnect every other wire to the TV except for the power cable.   Hopefully that will stop the TV from being controlled by the hotel system.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I have previously used hotel room TV's as a monitor via HDMI input from my Mac mini desktop.  Some hotel TV's are configured such that when the TV is connected to the hotel system, all other inputs are ignored.

What I normally do is disconnect every other wire to the TV except for the power cable.   Hopefully that will stop the TV from being controlled by the hotel system.

The only other cable is the co-ax aerial, I did get the home page operating but I couldnt watch a certain channel from home because it doesnt work outside the UK as I was informed in quite an abrupt email haha

I have been advised to purchase a VPN so I can watch most things which I will do. The reason I have not done this yet is because I need to research how I connect my devices to it as I said previously Im not a techy type of person so will look online or YT. Cheers

On 3/29/2020 at 4:03 AM, Walter Travolta said:

I will want it on my firestick and my laptop, I have a tablet too which I don't use very often and its around 7 years old (Nexus7) so will I be able to add that to it as well?

Or is it just advisable to get it on my firestick which I can use in the laptop and any TV wherever I am? I know a guy who takes his tablet to a bar in Pattaya every weekend to watch the live games that SKY put out live in the UK so I would like that option if my Nexus 7 would be compatible to VPN

With some quick searching I found that several VPN companies that will meet your requirements.  I don't have a Firestick so I'm not experienced in adding software to it.  One article claims that you can add VPN software to it.  There is an alternate method if the VPN cannot be added to the Firestick.

Most reputable VPN providers allow access from multiple devices so that shouldn't be a problem.  Try to e-mail the list of devices you use to the VPN company to check that they offer a solution for all of them and that they also provide service to the channel you wish to watch.  

As other posters have mentioned you need to find a VPN provider that has not been blacklisted by the channel you wish to access.  You can probably find VPN providers that offer a trial period or refund it they don't meet your requirements.

For those without technical experience it can be daunting.  Lots of us here to help you through that.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

With some quick searching I found that several VPN companies that will meet your requirements.  I don't have a Firestick so I'm not experienced in adding software to it.  One article claims that you can add VPN software to it.  There is an alternate method if the VPN cannot be added to the Firestick.

Most reputable VPN providers allow access from multiple devices so that shouldn't be a problem.  Try to e-mail the list of devices you use to the VPN company to check that they offer a solution for all of them and that they also provide service to the channel you wish to watch.  

As other posters have mentioned you need to find a VPN provider that has not been blacklisted by the channel you wish to access.  You can probably find VPN providers that offer a trial period or refund it they don't meet your requirements.

For those without technical experience it can be daunting.  Lots of us here to help you through that.

Thanks so much for that, I think my first port of call is to email the companies I have in mind. I will select 3 and email them my requirements and come back once I have received any replies. Thanks again