NonImm OA: Baht 400,000 vs. US$ 100,000 insurance cover?

As I understand it now, we need Baht 400K in health insurance cover to extend our permissions to stay based on original NonImm OA visa, but if we go to our home country for any reason, we'll need not just a reentry permit but also a health certificate AND proof of US$ 100,000 in overseas coverage in order to get back.  Is that right? For people over 65, that's likely to be a deal-breaker; either they're stuck here or they're priced out of returning.

The 100k along with medical stating specifically you have tested negative to covid-19 is a current requirement.

In any event why would you be travelling from USA to Thailand now. 

You making this stuff up?

After a second read of OP, I realize it's crazy. If your returning to home country then GO.

As far as returning ...ha! Good luck with that. If your Thai you can enter without insurance but still need medical. If not Thai you can't enter.

OP, your point? 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, JTXR said:

I am in Thailand now on an extension of stay based on NonImm OA, but I might have to go the the U.S. (for reasons I feel no need to explain here), thus the question.

Point remains. OK return to USA. 

After that you would be crazy to return to Thailand until such a time as covid moves to different phase.

You couldn't even reenter Thailand.

I live Thailand with current visa to eg Vietnam. You think I can go there in foreseeable future?? NO 

Go home USA and stay. Which may be 3,4 months +

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Since yesterday you can't come back without a work permit or permanent residency. However you are right for the $100K coverage and health certificate. 

Well, that simplifies matters.

11 hours ago, JTXR said:

I am in Thailand now on an extension of stay based on NonImm OA, but I might have to go the the U.S. (for reasons I feel no need to explain here), thus the question.

Not a problem to go to the US but at this time you will not be able to enter the country. How long that will be in effect nobody knows.

These are the latest requirements to enter the country.

"THAILAND - published 26.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Thailand.
- This does not apply to nationals of Thailand.
- This does not apply to airline crew with pre-existing schedules.
- This does not apply to diplomats and their family members.
- This does not apply to passengers with a work permit.
- This does not apply to passengers with a waiver from PM or PIC of State of Emergency.
2. Passengers must have a letter from the Embassy with the ‘fit-to-fly' health certificate to transit Thailand. The transit time must not be more than 24 hours.
3. Nationals of Thailand must have a letter from the Embassy with the ‘fit-to-fly' health certificate."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm