BANGKOK
TallGuyJohninBKK

U.S. Ambassador to TH message with info on available flights

The chart does not specify what the final USA destination is for each of the flights listed.

Or did I misread that.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

The chart does not specify what the final USA destination is for each of the flights listed.

Or did I misread that.

The chart info only says -- "outbound flights from Bangkok to major transit hubs with onward flights to U.S. cities."

In other words, connections that can get you back to the U.S..... somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like the EVA flights listed above in the U.S. chart are now a NO GO, at least thru the first week of April, as EVA has now banned international transit flights thru Taiwan during that period. And all EVA flights from BKK to the US transit thru Taiwan.

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-03-22-covid-19-taiwan-transit-news.html

But their online system at present does still show flights AFTER the first week in April... but that's assuming they don't extend the current moratorium once the current one is expiring.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Looks like the EVA flights listed above in the U.S. chart are now a NO GO, at least thru the first week of April, as EVA has now banned international transit flights thru Taiwan during that period. And all EVA flights from BKK to the US transit thru Taiwan.

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-03-22-covid-19-taiwan-transit-news.html

But their online system at present does still show flights AFTER the first week in April... but that's assuming they don't extend the current moratorium once the current one is expiring.

I'm due to leave on EVA on May 1st. I keep hoping that they will eventually waive the cancellation / ticket change fee. I keep checking. No matter, I won't be going.

• Like 1

The chart lists codeshares as two different flights when in fact it's just one plane. Neither United, American nor Delta fly to Bangkok. They sell seats on their codeshare partners. 

1. ANA (carrier) codeshares with United so that's one flight
  2. JAL (carrier) codeshares with American so that's one flight
  3. Korean (carrier) codeshares with Delta so that's one flight

That reduces the number of planes to a maximum of 5 per day - which will undoubtedly go down further. 

I know one of the KAL flights goes Inchon to Atlanta, I usually take that one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I know one of the KAL flights goes Inchon to Atlanta, I usually take that one.

Again, this is so dynamic, things may have changed, but as of March 20th KAL was only flying to 20 international cities, and some of these according to simpleflying.com were repatriation flights;

The list of cities

Below is the list of 21 cities according to the airline’s March 20 schedule:

• Honolulu
  • San Francisco
  • New York
  • Chicago
  • Washington
  • Atlanta
  • Los Angeles
  • Vancouver
  • Toronto
  • London
  • Paris
  • Bangkok
  • Manila
  • Cebu
  • Clark/Angeles City
  • Phnom Penh
  • Beijing
  • Shanghai
  • Shenyang
  • Guangzhou
  • Narita

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My cousin was scheduled to leave Eva to SFO March 25th, he was contacted by Eva flight cancelled 23rd the earliest booking he got was April 10th.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

My cousin was scheduled to leave Eva to SFO March 25th, he was contacted by Eva flight cancelled 23rd the earliest booking he got was April 10th.

I wouldn't bet against them further extending the moratorium once the initial end date gets closer... Have to wait and see.

Posted (edited)

The U.S. Embassy put out a new email tonight/Friday with a shortened list of available flights, now having deleted EVA from their list of yesterday:

1870597034_2020-03-2801_48_52.jpg.557e934ccf87281f5f4191ef10105e63.jpg

And then there was this regarding the suspension of bus ticket sales:

Bus Ticket Sales Suspended Until April 30.  

Ticket sales for all public transport buses will be suspended from March 26 to April 30 in compliance with the government’s declaration of a state of emergency which took effect yesterday, March 26th.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK