U.S. Ambassador to TH message with info on available flights

18 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

The chart does not specify what the final USA destination is for each of the flights listed.

Or did I misread that.

The chart info only says -- "outbound flights from Bangkok to major transit hubs with onward flights to U.S. cities."

In other words, connections that can get you back to the U.S..... somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like the EVA flights listed above in the U.S. chart are now a NO GO, at least thru the first week of April, as EVA has now banned international transit flights thru Taiwan during that period. And all EVA flights from BKK to the US transit thru Taiwan.

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-03-22-covid-19-taiwan-transit-news.html

But their online system at present does still show flights AFTER the first week in April... but that's assuming they don't extend the current moratorium once the current one is expiring.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Looks like the EVA flights listed above in the U.S. chart are now a NO GO, at least thru the first week of April, as EVA has now banned international transit flights thru Taiwan during that period. And all EVA flights from BKK to the US transit thru Taiwan.

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-03-22-covid-19-taiwan-transit-news.html

But their online system at present does still show flights AFTER the first week in April... but that's assuming they don't extend the current moratorium once the current one is expiring.

I'm due to leave on EVA on May 1st. I keep hoping that they will eventually waive the cancellation / ticket change fee. I keep checking. No matter, I won't be going.

• Like 1

The chart lists codeshares as two different flights when in fact it's just one plane. Neither United, American nor Delta fly to Bangkok. They sell seats on their codeshare partners. 

1. ANA (carrier) codeshares with United so that's one flight
  2. JAL (carrier) codeshares with American so that's one flight
  3. Korean (carrier) codeshares with Delta so that's one flight

That reduces the number of planes to a maximum of 5 per day - which will undoubtedly go down further. 

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I know one of the KAL flights goes Inchon to Atlanta, I usually take that one.

Again, this is so dynamic, things may have changed, but as of March 20th KAL was only flying to 20 international cities, and some of these according to simpleflying.com were repatriation flights;

The list of cities

Below is the list of 21 cities according to the airline’s March 20 schedule:

• Honolulu
  • San Francisco
  • New York
  • Chicago
  • Washington
  • Atlanta
  • Los Angeles
  • Vancouver
  • Toronto
  • London
  • Paris
  • Bangkok
  • Manila
  • Cebu
  • Clark/Angeles City
  • Phnom Penh
  • Beijing
  • Shanghai
  • Shenyang
  • Guangzhou
  • Narita

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My cousin was scheduled to leave Eva to SFO March 25th, he was contacted by Eva flight cancelled 23rd the earliest booking he got was April 10th.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

My cousin was scheduled to leave Eva to SFO March 25th, he was contacted by Eva flight cancelled 23rd the earliest booking he got was April 10th.

I wouldn't bet against them further extending the moratorium once the initial end date gets closer... Have to wait and see.

The U.S. Embassy put out a new email tonight/Friday with a shortened list of available flights, now having deleted EVA from their list of yesterday:

1870597034_2020-03-2801_48_52.jpg.557e934ccf87281f5f4191ef10105e63.jpg

And then there was this regarding the suspension of bus ticket sales:

Bus Ticket Sales Suspended Until April 30.  

Ticket sales for all public transport buses will be suspended from March 26 to April 30 in compliance with the government’s declaration of a state of emergency which took effect yesterday, March 26th.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S. Embassy put out a new email tonight/Friday with a shortened list of available flights, now having deleted EVA from their list of yesterday:

1870597034_2020-03-2801_48_52.jpg.557e934ccf87281f5f4191ef10105e63.jpg

And then there was this regarding the suspension of bus ticket sales:

Cant say this enough, regardless of sounding like a Prophet of Doom, but stay where you are and weather out the storm.

I had a rather terse conversation with a passenger a couple of days ago who discovered as she was boarding her flight to Minneapolis that her return flight had been cancelled.

None of us know what the airlines are going to do with any specific flight, the passenger loads are so variable. For the international flights you can add in the fact that most airlines have already parked up most of their wide body fleets, and are relying on the B787's to fulfill whatever demand there is still available   

• Thanks 1

I got my (Thai) wife booked on JAL to DFW in the wake of her being canceled by EVA. Hours before her booked EVA departure from Chiang Mai, she received a call from EVA’s local office advising that her outbound flight was canceled due to the Taiwan CDC ban order on foreigners.  Very luckily, I snagged her the JAL flight after web-crawling through the possibilities.  

Otherwise we were looking at a 12-15 month separation because her recently issued Spousal Visa was set to expire in mid-June. If she didn’t get out now, it is unlikely she could leave Thailand by then due to the dramatic rise of COVID infections across the US.  We were advised that if she failed to use her visa by June, she’d be required to reapply for a new visa and that process is now projected to take over a year. 

Buddha and God were smiling on us. I consider it a near miracle that we got her out when we did. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fore Man said:

I got my (Thai) wife booked on JAL to DFW in the wake of her being canceled by EVA. Hours before her booked EVA departure from Chiang Mai, she received a call from EVA’s local office advising that her outbound flight was canceled due to the Taiwan CDC ban order on foreigners.  Very luckily, I snagged her the JAL flight after web-crawling through the possibilities.  

Otherwise we were looking at a 12-15 month separation because her recently issued Spousal Visa was set to expire in mid-June. If she didn’t get out now, it is unlikely she could leave Thailand by then due to the dramatic rise of COVID infections across the US.  We were advised that if she failed to use her visa by June, she’d be required to reapply for a new visa and that process is now projected to take over a year. 

Buddha and God were smiling on us. I consider it a near miracle that we got her out when we did. 

I think you were very lucky indeed to get her out.

I'd like to think USCIS would have some flexibility with immigrant visa's in these troubled times, but then again this is the Federal Government!

It's so unpredictable you have to almost assume the worst and hope for the best.

DFW as AA's hub is almost decimated, American have parked most of the fleet, and who knows when this will all end 

I know a lot of people are frustrated and angry about constantly changing flight schedules and cancellations, but to put it all perspective, TSA data showing the number of passenger being screened year on year is staggering

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 5.21.41 AM.png